PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Used Launch Stands & Controllers

MSUrocketgurl
12-06-2007, 12:57 AM
The NAR Section that I'm in is doing a Christmas drive for used launch stands and controllers. We are trying to help some needy children in the area who are interested in rocketry to have a better christmas. We are also looking for rockets and other supplies to help make their Christmas a brighter one.

We are willing to pay a little for them and shipping, but our funds are pretty limited at the moment.

Thanks
Joy Sills
Outreach Officer
MSU Space Cowboys

pantherjon
12-06-2007, 08:03 AM
I have a couple launch stands(the Estes plastic 3 leg variety) I could send your way..May even be able to scrounge thru my 'stuff' and find a couple of the 2 piece rods too :)

Green Dragon
12-06-2007, 08:24 AM
I have a few of the yellow Estes tripod pads, and a couple of the electron beam controllers as well ( might have a couple brand new ones ) .

not sure about the launch rods though, would have to dig, doubt I have more than maybe one of the 2 piece rods, as I always swap out for 1 pc stailess rods.

drop me a note / PM with mailing address info and we'll see what we can do .

~ AL

snuggles
12-06-2007, 10:23 AM
How many do you need?? I think I have a couple in my basement.
Mark T

Shreadvector
12-06-2007, 11:29 AM
I responded on TRF to this same thread, but I also have a large supply of 2 piece rods courtesy of Quest from the NARAM in AZ. They were excess and they gave them away by the box (of 50) with the instructions that they be used to help folks (newbies, people who lost or bent a rod, etc.).

I probably have 30 left. They are heavy, so shipping is best done in a Priority flat rate box along with other goodies.

MSUrocketgurl
12-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the replies. We are looking for 15 for now. We have a few more kids interested, but have yet to get their contact information.