PDA

View Full Version : Carl & Co. taunting us pre-Christmas

chanstevens
12-17-2007, 05:55 PM
With Christmas via Priority Mail slipping away any day now, I see there are a few "what's new" items showing up on the website but not orderable yet.

Goony-style Saki and Ruskie are kind of cute for comic relief, but the Visitor and Tau Zero looks like sweet designs and not to bad to build. With the Christmas discount for previous web customers, I'm just itchin' to spend my money, but alas, no "add to cart" buttons yet...

Oh well, maybe I better be thankful for the build queue I have, and build that Starfire while I wait.

barone
12-17-2007, 06:06 PM
With Christmas via Priority Mail slipping away any day now, I see there are a few "what's new" items showing up on the website but not orderable yet.

Goony-style Saki and Ruskie are kind of cute for comic relief, but the Visitor and Tau Zero looks like sweet designs and not to bad to build. With the Christmas discount for previous web customers, I'm just itchin' to spend my money, but alas, no "add to cart" buttons yet...

Oh well, maybe I better be thankful for the build queue I have, and build that Starfire while I wait.
I haven't visited the site yet but based on Carl's email, I thought the Saki was orderable. But, I think the really great news is the availibility of part pak kits..... :D oh yeah baby!

CPMcGraw
12-17-2007, 06:24 PM
...the Visitor and Tau Zero looks like sweet designs and not to bad to build...

Chan,

I can confirm the flight profile of the Tau Zero to be nice, as I built one of the flown prototypes. My build had a slightly longer main body (10" versus the nominal 9" of the kit), and I managed a full C6 flight and recovery at my local field. It's an easy build, with the most difficult task getting the fins aligned correctly (typical issue on any model, right?).

I agree, the Visitor looks good, too...

barone
12-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, just visited the site and can't order the really good stuff yet. Did someone mention Goonies? :rolleyes:

Tau Zero
12-19-2007, 01:43 AM
I can confirm the flight profile of the Tau Zero to be nice, as I built one of the flown prototypes. [SNIP] It's an easy build, with the most difficult task getting the fins aligned correctly (typical issue on any model, right?).It flies as straight as an arrow if you get the fins on straight.

*Especially* on a C6-5. :eek: :cool:

Cheers,

Tau Zero
12-19-2007, 01:47 AM
the Visitor and Tau Zero looks like sweet designs and not to bad to build. With the Christmas discount for previous web customers, I'm just itchin' to spend my money, but alas, no "add to cart" buttons yet...I just spent an hour or so on the phone with Carl. Semroc may be scratching that itch before you know it. :D ;)

Sorry, that's all I'll let myself say right now. :eek: :rolleyes:

Cheers,

rraeford
12-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Where are the part pak kits? Also, where is the info on previous web customer discounts?

I never seem to find out about this stuff until it's over with.

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks.

Romie Lucas

chanstevens
12-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Where are the part pak kits? Also, where is the info on previous web customer discounts?

I never seem to find out about this stuff until it's over with.

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks.

Romie Lucas

If you've bought directly from Semroc in 2007 via the web, then an email went out yesterday to whatever email ID you have on your order(s). There was no info on parts packs other than a hint that some are coming, cheaper than regular kits. Given that the :cc kits went OOP due to a couple isolated complaints about lack of instructions, I'd jump on parts packs when they're available.

The discount deal works like this--the sum of your online orders for the year times 0.20=your maximum discount allowance. Go online to Semroc and log into your account, then hit "home" and your potential discount is displayed. Next, load up your cart with stuff, and enter "Christmas" as the discount. Your total will be reduced by 50% (or your allowance, whichever is less). Sounds a little complicated, but we are, after all, rocket scientists supposedly good at math.

If you bought through resellers or over the counter at NSL, NARCON, NARAM, etc., you're out of luck--it's only offered based on direct online sales. When you consider the discounts they have to give to resellers, offering back a gift to the folks that bought directly from them at the higher margins seems like a pretty sweet deal all around.

Ltvscout
12-19-2007, 06:17 PM
If you bought through resellers or over the counter at NSL, NARCON, NARAM, etc., you're out of luck--it's only offered based on direct online sales. When you consider the discounts they have to give to resellers, offering back a gift to the folks that bought directly from them at the higher margins seems like a pretty sweet deal all around.
I knew there was a reason I buy 99% of my Semroc goodies direct. ;)

barone
12-19-2007, 10:28 PM
The Saki and Ruski are available now......

rraeford
12-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Chan,

Thanks!

Got my order in yesterday.

rraeford
12-26-2007, 05:48 PM
...and received my order on Friday. Wow.

I really like the size of the Groonies. They're larger than the Estes originals at 1.87" diameter.

I never really liked the Estes versions but I've been interested in some of the models Phred has made (and others).

Carl, I hope the other sketches are soon to spring to life as Semroc kits.

Thanks for all you and the Semroc crew did in 2007. Can't wait to see what comes in '08.

Romie Lucas