PDA

View Full Version : Ye Olde Rocket Plans Updated

Ltvscout
12-22-2007, 04:37 PM
I've added a number of new plans to the site today. You can check them out at:

http://www.oldrocketplans.com

Ltvscout
12-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Just added a bunch more along with adding another new rocket company, Coaster Corporation. We now have plans online from 31 different companies!

Green Dragon
12-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Scott, you rock !

Thanks for the early Christmas reading :D

Have a Merry yourself ( and may Santa/ Rd bring you lots of vintage goodies )

~ AL

Ltvscout
12-23-2007, 06:47 PM
I added a bunch more plans today plus added another new rocket company to the list.

stefanj
12-23-2007, 08:21 PM
The "Super-Son" (which I guess is short for "super sonic") plans clears up a mystery. I've been wondering what the tapered body was made from since the advertising stuff was posted a few months back.

The fact that it's made of rolled cardstock is good news, in that it could be reproduced easily. Of course, now we need measurements!

Ltvscout
12-23-2007, 11:07 PM
I've been a posting fool tonight. ;) We're now up to 33 companies with plans available.

tbzep
12-24-2007, 10:49 AM
I've been a posting fool tonight. ;) We're now up to 33 companies with plans available.

You need a break...have yourself a nice cold Coca-Cola in the spirit of Christmas. :D

http://www.stnicholascenter.org/stnic/images/santa-coke2-lg.jpg

Ltvscout
12-24-2007, 10:54 AM
You need a break...have yourself a nice cold Coca-Cola in the spirit of Christmas. :D
Thanks. I think I'll settle for my usual Tanqueray Rangpur martini instead. :D

Phred
12-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks again Scott for tending this invaluable resource for all to share.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

I agree, a T&T would be great right now!!

Phred

Ltvscout
12-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks again Scott for tending this invaluable resource for all to share.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

I agree, a T&T would be great right now!!
Nah, you don't want to water it down with tonic! I've always drank Tanqueray & Tonic's, but since the new Rangpur version came out that's all I drink. (other than microbrews) I put some ice in a martini shaker, pour in a healthy jolt of Rangpur, squeeze half a lime into it and shake. Pour it into a chilled martini glass and, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. ;)

mojo1986
12-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey, Scott. I know you're busy, so I'm not rushing you, but do you still have the SAI Hen Grenade plans that I sent to you? I noticed they haven't been added to YORP as of Dec 23.

Joe

Ltvscout
12-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Hey, Scott. I know you're busy, so I'm not rushing you, but do you still have the SAI Hen Grenade plans that I sent to you? I noticed they haven't been added to YORP as of Dec 23.

Joe
Yup, I have them. I have all kinds of plans that haven't been posted yet. I'm not close to being done, I just started. ;)

Tau Zero
12-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks. I think I'll settle for my usual Tanqueray Rangpur martini instead. :D"I'm Tony Sinclair. Are *you* ready to Tanqueray?"

--I liked the TV commercial where "Tony's" on an ocean liner in the North Atlantic (apparently), and he says about the iceberg, "Now *that's* a lot of ice cubes!" ;) :D :p

http://www.tvacres.com/admascots_tony_sinclair.htm

Last time I drank with Scott, it was at the NARCON 2006 beerloft. I wanted an A&W, but all I could come up with was a skunky Mug root beer from the hotel vending machine. :eek: :mad:

--And they called it the Hilton. (nose in the air) --Or something or other. :rolleyes:

Ltvscout
12-25-2007, 07:32 AM
"I'm Tony Sinclair. Are *you* ready to Tanqueray?"

--I liked the TV commercial where "Tony's" on an ocean liner in the North Atlantic (apparently), and he says about the iceberg, "Now *that's* a lot of ice cubes!" ;) :D :p

Heh, ya, Tony is cool.

Last time I drank with Scott, it was at the NARCON 2006 beerloft. I wanted an A&W, but all I could come up with was a skunky Mug root beer from the hotel vending machine. :eek: :mad:
Wow, Scott McCrate got to your root beer just like he got to our beer! :D

Somewhere I still have that photo where the table is filled with like 30 empty beer bottles. :eek: :D (Although, I think that was at NARCON 2005.)

kurtschachner
12-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Heh, ya, Tony is cool.

Wow, Scott McCrate got to your root beer just like he got to our beer! :D

Ya, but I choked mine down, as to not call attention to myself :rolleyes:

Ltvscout
01-05-2008, 03:16 PM
I added a number of new plans and such today.

Green Dragon
01-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I added a number of new plans and such today.

Scott,

glad to see you got time for those, and that what I sent worked this time, lol .

will send more when I get a chance - did I send you the Challenger 1 set ( have all scanned and ready ) .

~ AL

ps: the 'new' link to the red Eye plans ( from the YORP homepage / updates ) links to an Estes plans page.. oops.

Ltvscout
01-05-2008, 03:45 PM
did I send you the Challenger 1 set ( have all scanned and ready ) .

Nope, still need those.

ps: the 'new' link to the red Eye plans ( from the YORP homepage / updates ) links to an Estes plans page.. oops.
Thanks. It's now fixed.

Green Dragon
01-05-2008, 03:53 PM
just sent the Challenger 1 set to the ftp site. along with a few other goodies.

a couple I scanned at work , and should be pdf, let me know if that works ok, of how you need things in the futre ( still gettting a handle on the shop scaner, real nice Cannon, buit the built-in software is limiting. )

LMK

~ AL

Ltvscout
01-05-2008, 04:03 PM
just sent the Challenger 1 set to the ftp site. along with a few other goodies.

a couple I scanned at work , and should be pdf, let me know if that works ok, of how you need things in the futre ( still gettting a handle on the shop scaner, real nice Cannon, buit the built-in software is limiting. )
PDF's are fine, but I still need jpg's or tif's of the templates and decals as well.

Tau Zero
01-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Somewhere I still have that photo where the table is filled with like 30 empty beer bottles. :eek: :D (Although, I think that was at NARCON 2005.)Here it is. I sat next to Scott, but I think I sat where he is, and he was where Kelo is in this shot.

I can't remember, though, 'cause I woke up at 4:30 that morning, and things were really fuzzy. At least, I *think* that's why they were fuzzy. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Cheers,

ScaleNut
01-05-2008, 11:29 PM
wow, and you were up at 4:30 am? thats hardcore !

Ltvscout
01-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Here it is. I sat next to Scott, but I think I sat where he is, and he was where Kelo is in this shot.

I can't remember, though, 'cause I woke up at 4:30 that morning, and things were really fuzzy. At least, I *think* that's why they were fuzzy. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:
Heh, ok, so it wasn't 30 bottles. Must've been those beer goggles making everything look double. :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
01-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Here it is. I sat next to Scott, but I think I sat where he is, and he was where Kelo is in this shot.

Cheers,

I'm still amazed at how accomodating the hotel was about this gathering in both 2005 and 2006.
Then again, we cleaned up after ourselves and put the furniture back the way it was. :rolleyes:

Leo
01-06-2008, 11:24 AM
wow, and you were up at 4:30 am? thats hardcore !

But no problem when drinking water beer ;) :D

Ltvscout
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
But no problem when drinking water beer ;) :D
Not me, I'm a micro-brew man. About as close as we get to the good Deutschland beer here.

Ltvscout
01-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I've added more goodies to YORP today.

CPMcGraw
01-06-2008, 08:16 PM
...Take a look at page 10 of MRN V7N1, which Scott just posted on YORP. At the bottom-left, illustration #6...

Familiar?

Tau Zero
01-06-2008, 10:03 PM
...Take a look at page 10 of MRN V7N1, which Scott just posted on YORP. At the bottom-left, illustration #6...And here's where I yield the floor to David J. Miller of Sirius Rocketry. :eek: ;) :D

Familiar?*Whew.* When I saw page 1, I thought maybe it was going to be a Tau Zero-like nose cone. :rolleyes: :p

Cheers,

CPMcGraw
01-06-2008, 10:28 PM
And here's where I yield the floor to David J. Miller of Sirius Rocketry. :eek: ;) :D

*Whew.* When I saw page 1, I thought maybe it was going to be a Tau Zero-like nose cone. :rolleyes: :p

Cheers,

I just thought it was interesting that there was documented (as opposed to just demented...) proof that it was a great idea 40 years ago...

Sigh...

I was only 5 years young at the time, going on 6. Not even in school yet, and wouldn't in the least have appreciated how much of an impact this important development in finishing techniques would have in my life four decades later...

James Pierson
01-06-2008, 11:17 PM
CenturiGuy Quote:
*Whew.* When I saw page 1, I thought maybe it was going to be a Tau Zero-like nose cone.

Me too Jay. Must be the Dain Bramage :D .

CPMcGraw ...Take a look at page 10 of MRN V7N1, which Scott just posted on YORP. At the bottom-left, illustration #6...

Familiar?

Oooooo! Me Likes. 1/16 inch balsa with mailing paper :cool: . Just might aid in preformance and soooooooo much easier to cut.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Ltvscout
01-19-2008, 04:49 PM
I just added a few more plans to the site.

johnnwwa
01-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Ok I've sat on this way to long .
Header card for Starbird scanned in two -parts @ 75dpi now whom should I send it to????

BAR
John

Ltvscout
01-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Ok I've sat on this way to long .
Header card for Starbird scanned in two -parts @ 75dpi now whom should I send it to????

If it's in two parts you can send it to Buzz since he can append the two files for me. I used to know how, but forgot. :o

His email address to send to is plans at rocketshoppe dot com.

Mark II
01-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I just added a few more plans to the site.
The KS-8 Centuri LJ II and the historical brochure! Thank you, Leo! And Scott!) :)

#1111 Estes Cold Power Shark plans, including diagrams and explanations of the propellant system! (I always wondered how that recovery deployment worked.) Thank you, Leo! and Scott! :)

Life is good. :D

Mark

Ltvscout
01-19-2008, 09:17 PM
The KS-8 Centuri LJ II and the historical brochure! Thank you, Leo! And Scott!) :)

I've had the historical brochure available in the publications section of Ye Olde Rocket Plans for awhile now. You should look through there, lots of interesting stuff.

Solomoriah
01-19-2008, 09:22 PM
I, also, had long wondered how the coldpower engines worked. Ingenious. Not scalable to different size rocket bodies or different delay times, but at least I now know how they were meant to work.

Mark II
01-19-2008, 10:00 PM
I've had the historical brochure available in the publications section of Ye Olde Rocket Plans for awhile now. You should look through there, lots of interesting stuff.
Haha, you got me on that one! :o I actually do spend quite a lot of time in the various other parts of your massive YORP/S/F site (not just here ;) ), and I think that by now you are probably quite aware of that (or ought to be) :D. For some reason, though, I never noticed the LJ II brochure before. :confused:

But, hey, if you don't want to receive the compliment, I can always withdraw it. :p ;) :D

Mark

Ltvscout
02-02-2008, 09:18 AM
I just posted the Centuri Flutter-By #KA-9 to YORP. Thanks to Larry Rice for supplying the kit and Buzz Nau for doing the scans.