PDA

View Full Version : New Year's resolutions......Rocketry Style

Rocket Doctor
12-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Now that 2008 is mearly a couple of days away, what are your New Year's resolutions......rocketry related that is.

Mine is to meet and greet my friends at NARAM in July, made my reservations and I'm ready to go.

ghrocketman
12-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Mine is to fly much more RMS AP and far less single use BP unless someone comes out with BP engines that are more in line with what real BARs want (such as port burning engines, and no I don't care if they are more difficult/hazardous to manufacture) and not just the same old A8-B6-C6-D12-E9 boooooooooorrrring choices.

A second resolution is to Cert L1 with my new Semroc SLS Arcas with an H128W-M

Rocket Doctor
12-30-2007, 06:33 PM
We need more motor competition, not the same old ,same old !!!!
Hopefully 2008 will be the year of changes????

Pyro Pro
12-30-2007, 06:36 PM
- Do well in TARC this year
- Finish all of my projects for NARAM (at least 10...)
- Find a time to build my Saturn 1B!!! (I did get a draw plate for Christmas, I had enough of that tower on the Little Joe II :D)

duobob
12-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Mine is to finally get my painting and decaling caught up to my building! ;)
Also I would like to make it to NARCON, and NARAM this year! and possably cert level 1.

Rocket Doctor
12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Just a reminder, the Sheraton 4 points is located in Manassa VA, check out the NARAM 50 web page, in the upper right hand corner is the telephone number, when reserving a room, make sure you tell the operator that you are part of a group, and when asked, tell them "NARAM 50" to get the special rate of $89.00 plus tax. Book early.

Nuke Rocketeer
12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Launch a few more times, get some more Zooch kits, and start using the 18mm RMS stuff I bought 3 years ago.

pantherjon
12-30-2007, 10:54 PM
-Attend more launches (provided work schedule cooperates!)
-Launch a boatload of RMS loads to prep for L1
-Cert L1 with a dual deploy 38mm rocket(which is in the build phase right now!) hopefully on a Mojave Green load :p
-Have more fun then the law allows!

moonzero2
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Finish painting and decalling the ones I have built.
Build and fly an Estes Saturn V modified for 5 motors.
Build and fly an Aerotech Mirrage.
And difinately burn more motors!

cas2047
12-31-2007, 05:39 PM
-Spend more time introducing new people to the hobby
-Post more builds on EMRR
-Attend more club related launches
-Maybe finally join the local CMASS club (although I've been planning to do that for over a year now)
-Find a way to keep building without having my collection take over the entire house
-Possibly attend NARAM in July

Green Dragon
12-31-2007, 07:32 PM
- do even more building !! :-)

- even get some painted and finished

- fly more , both low, mid and some HPR

- make plans to attend NARAM , along with other northeast launches such as NERRF

- ? finally get my Level 3 :D

could be others, make more $$ to buy rockets, lol .. maybe get the NOva done so I can rolll into a launch in style ( lot more room in the 63SS than my 84 vette )

also - looking forward to meeting many of you at various venues.

~ AL

PaulK
01-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Build more rockets than I buy!

stefanj
01-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Finish putting decals on my Deep Space Transport. (It was built and in primer for over ten years. I put on a coat of Future in 2006.)

Paint the two big unnamed BT-80 sport models I completed in 2006.

Repair my Oracle nosecone and the two-stage booster rocket I designed for it.

Build and modify two Stormcasters to carry Aipek pencams.

Mark II
01-02-2008, 02:15 AM
1. Master the art of masking and give my rockets decent paint jobs.

2. Actually do some launching this year.

3. Get my Level I cert.

4. Explore electronic staging and recovery, and rocket photography and video.

Resolutions #3 and, especially, #4, are budget-dependent, though.

Revolution #9 is still undetermined, even after 40 years. ;) :D

Mark K.

Mark II
01-02-2008, 02:30 AM
Disk 2:

5. Meet Al S. (aka Green Dragon) and other northeast rocketeers.

6. Attend NERFF, somehow, some way. Yes, and maybe even NARAM 50, too.

Mark K.

Bob H
01-02-2008, 07:44 AM
-Maybe finally join the local CMASS club (although I've been planning to do that for over a year now) I'm sure you can afford the $8 we charge for dues. :rolleyes:

cas2047
01-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm sure you can afford the $8 we charge for dues. :rolleyes:

Bob - It really has nothing to do with the cost of dues. However I believe the actual cost for a year (if you intend to join and fly rockets with the club) is $28. $8 for a membership and $20 for a launch season pass. I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong.

For a long time I didn't see the benefit of joining a club. I've always flown in large local parks without any real problems. Plus both of the clubs launch locations are a bit of a drive for me. On top of that I didn't know if watching other folks launch rockets would interest me. I invisioned 40-50 people all waiting in line for one launch pad.

I finally decided to attend the last of the year CMASS launch as a spectator to find out if it was something that would interest me. I just sat and watched for the afternoon. I found out that he drive wasn't all that bad. I did indeed enjoy watching other folks launch rockets, and it was a lot of fun. The CMASS folks have multiple pads and run the operation like a well oiled machine. There were all kinds of rockets going up all the time.

Now I just need to fill out the form and send in the $28. With Bob's permission of course. :rolleyes:

Carl@Semroc
01-02-2008, 10:10 AM
A second resolution is to Cert L1 with my new Semroc SLS Arcas with an H128W-MSo far, we have provided H97 or H128 reloads to all L1 certs we knew about on the SLS Arcas. If anyone sends us photos of the L1 flight using the SLS Arcas, we will reimburse $20.00 for the reload. If we are at the launch, we can also provide hardware.

So far we have:
Sheryl McLawhorn
Pete Deaver
Billy Olive

and all on their first High Power attempt.

ghrocketman
01-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Carl,
That's a great offer for a reload !
(Sounds like typical Semroc thinking to me !)
I already have 29/180 and 240 hardware so would not need the loan.

Bob H
01-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Bob - It really has nothing to do with the cost of dues. However I believe the actual cost for a year (if you intend to join and fly rockets with the club) is $28. $8 for a membership and $20 for a launch season pass. I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong......Now I just need to fill out the form and send in the $28. With Bob's permission of course. :rolleyes:I'm sure the dues weren't the issue. I was just funnin' with ya. You are correct that the cost is $28 if you intend to get a season pass. If you intend to only attend a couple launches, there is a day pass for $5.

There is no requirement for membership to purchase a day pass and fly with us but you must be a member for a season pass.

cas2047
01-02-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm sure the dues weren't the issue. I was just funnin' with ya.

I know you were just razzing me Bob!

After attending that 2007 seasons last launch (keep in mind it was very windy which kept the flights and size of rockets flown down), I realized what I have been missing. It was a lot of fun and everything was done in a very orderly manner. I even got to purchase a Deuces Wild kit directly from Jim Flis.

Oh and they had hot dogs. Boiled up fresh right in front of you. Real cheap too! When food is coupled with any event it makes the vent that much more fun for me!