PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's 2008...

A Fish Named Wallyum
01-23-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm expecting that Estes 50th anniversary stuff to be hitting the shelves any day now. :rolleyes: ;)

tbzep
01-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm expecting that Estes 50th anniversary stuff to be hitting the shelves any day now. :rolleyes: ;)

I hope you have plenty of food, remote control batteries, and toilet paper cause it's gonna be a long wait. :rolleyes:

Rocket Doctor
01-23-2008, 09:53 PM
I could comment on that thought, but for now, I better not say too much. Something was planned and cancelled, that's all I can say at this point.

The next thing to come from Estes will be the 2008 catalog, around the end of March the beginning of April, that should give some indication of what is to follow.

tbzep
01-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Something was planned and cancelled,

That's what bugs me.

Shreadvector
01-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Well, there won't be an Estes booth*, but there will be hundreds of free Estes rockets at the RCX show in Pomona CA in a couple of months. LAst year we got a few cases of the "Hot Off The Presses" 2007 catalog to give out to participants in the free make & take. I am hoping for the same thing this year.

http://www.rcx.com/ME2/Default.asp

Volunteer help is appreciated. More details to follow on the SCRA YahooGroup.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCalRocketNAR430/

* No booth because they are supporting the Hobby People chain of stores which is a major customer/distributor.

Rocket Doctor
01-24-2008, 05:31 PM
That sounds good Fred, I hope estes comes through for you with materials and that your program goes well
RD

gpoehlein
01-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know if Estes will have a booth or representation at the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) Worlds Fair (was the Hobby Industry Association trade show) in a couple of weeks? I know that back when I was pretty active in the role-playing game industry, the HIA was THE place to unveil your year's new releases. I don't know how true that is any more, but the CHA Worlds Fair is Feb 10-13 this year in Anaheim CA.

Greg

Rocket Doctor
01-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Does anyone know if Estes will have a booth or representation at the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) Worlds Fair (was the Hobby Industry Association trade show) in a couple of weeks? I know that back when I was pretty active in the role-playing game industry, the HIA was THE place to unveil your year's new releases. I don't know how true that is any more, but the CHA Worlds Fair is Feb 10-13 this year in Anaheim CA.

Greg

Haven't heard anything, but, you never know. I was surprised that Estes showed up in Houston at the Makers Faire. But, thier educational director is from Dallas.

I guess it will be a look and see, if they do or not.

Shreadvector
01-28-2008, 08:17 AM

Greg

Web search.

http://www.chashow.org/eweb/StartPage.aspx

http://www.chashow.org/eweb/dynamicpage.aspx?webcode=CHAShowDirectory

Estes not listed at the moment. If they are attending, they will probably know. 1-800-525-7561.

Rocket Doctor
01-28-2008, 08:31 AM
If they aren't listed, probably not.

dwmzmm
01-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Haven't heard anything, but, you never know. I was surprised that Estes showed up in Houston at the Makers Faire. But, thier educational director is from Dallas.

I guess it will be a look and see, if they do or not.

It's Austin; I told Ann she'd be more than welcome to do a Maker's Faire in Houston whenever she wants too....

stefanj
01-28-2008, 06:34 PM
The dates for the Bay Area (San Mateo) Maker Faire have been announced:

May 3 & 4, 2008

Last year the LUNAR section hosted a build and fly session, using hundreds of kits supplied by Quest.

Estes would be more than welcome, either as a supplier or exhibitor.

Rocket Doctor
01-28-2008, 07:22 PM
The dates for the Bay Area (San Mateo) Maker Faire have been announced:

May 3 & 4, 2008

Last year the LUNAR section hosted a build and fly session, using hundreds of kits supplied by Quest.

Estes would be more than welcome, either as a supplier or exhibitor.

Have they been contacted yet?
You can call Ann Grimm, Educational Director at 1-800-525-7561 and ask the operator for her.

stefanj
01-28-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm not involved with Maker Faire myself, other than attending.

I'll get in touch with LUNAR. They would know how to get folks talking to each other.

dwmzmm
01-28-2008, 11:57 PM
I didn't know about the Makers Faire in Austin until about 1 1/2 weeks before the weekend
date; had I not seen the annoucement in one of the Texas based rocketry forums (Yahoo!
Groups) by Art Applewhite, I never would have known anything about it. Even though I and
my son got in "late in the game," Ann was really on the ball and had the gate passes for us
when we arrived at the Travis County Fairgrounds.