PDA

View Full Version : Master Blasters

Rocket Doctor
02-02-2008, 10:12 AM
This show has been advertised on The Science Channel in South carolina. The Science channel is part of the Discovery Channels of programming.

Starting on Wednesday February 13,2008, on The Science Channel (10pm check your local station times) will be Rocketry Contests.

http://science.discovery.com/

Rocket Doctor
02-14-2008, 05:30 AM
Howmany of you tuned into the Master Blasteers on the Science Channel last night?

Two team of high power rocketeers assembled in Texas, their project was to launch a replica of Dorothy's house, complet with Dorothy and the wicked witch of the west. The them was as you could tell "Oz".

The show came on at 10pm here in the east.
The team that achieved the highest altitude, ejecting the witch seperately and having the house land intact would win, the losing team member had to dress up in character outfits and run through the launch site, and boy, was that a sight.

Master blasters will be on every Wednesday, each week there is a theme to the style and type of rocket to be built and flow by each team.

This was quite different from what I thought it would be about.
Check it out.

pantherjon
02-14-2008, 06:58 AM
Dangit! I knew I forgot to do something last night! I work nights and was going to set my DVR to record it!:( Saw the promo spots for it Sunday..Maybe they will replay it this weekend...

ghrocketman
02-14-2008, 08:21 AM
I watched it....it was pretty cool, but according to my DirecTV guide it was a 2005 episode, which meant I saw it in the past, but somehow forgot this one.

Doug Sams
02-14-2008, 10:48 AM
I watched it....it was pretty cool, but according to my DirecTV guide it was a 2005 episode, which meant I saw it in the past, but somehow forgot this one. You may indeed not have. There are 9 or 10 episodes total, but only 3 or 4 ever aired, so this may well have been one of the previously unaired episodes. The entire series was produced back then, so all the episodes are dated. It had a brief run on the Sci-Fi channel before it was cancelled without having aired all the episodes.

Doug

barone
02-14-2008, 12:01 PM
I watched it....it was pretty cool, but according to my DirecTV guide it was a 2005 episode, which meant I saw it in the past, but somehow forgot this one.
This was indeed a rerun. I remember seeing it.

chanstevens
02-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Dangit! I knew I forgot to do something last night! I work nights and was going to set my DVR to record it!:( Saw the promo spots for it Sunday..Maybe they will replay it this weekend...

It repeats something like 5 times throughout the week, including a couple times this weekend.

pantherjon
02-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Was able to catch it before heading to work(can't recall what DAY tho..:lol: ) Very cool!

Rocket Doctor
02-17-2008, 05:56 AM
The next segment is called "Car Field Goal"

Here is the schedule
Feb 20 ..... 10 pm

Feb 21 ..... 1 am
..... 5 am
..... 11 am
..... 5 pm

Feb 23 ..... 5 pm

All listed times are EST, check you local listing for the time in your area

The Rocketman goes up against the Blasters as they attempt to turn a sports car into a rocket powered car. The goal of this challenge - score a goal by launching the car through the uprights of a football goal post.

ghrocketman
02-17-2008, 07:38 PM
I have DEFINITELY seen the "car field goal" episode.

From what I recall, some of the exploits of Wile E. Coyote were more realistic and useful than the activities perpetrated on this show. :rolleyes:

Instead of ignorantly using HPR rocket engines to propel objects that were never intended to fly, I would prefer a weekly HPR/MPR/LPR rocketry show that has topics like the annual LDRS or Plaster Blaster or BALLS or any other realistic rocket launches.

tbzep
02-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Speaking of shows with rocket motors...

What was Eric thinking on the Mythbusters episode when he wired four motors in series on the swing test with the idea that, "if one fails they all fail"? Wiring in series guarantees if one ignites because of a slightly quicker igniter, the rest will fail...and that's exactly what happend. :rolleyes:

Ltvscout
02-18-2008, 08:25 AM
What was Eric thinking on the Mythbusters episode when he wired four motors in series on the swing test with the idea that, "if one fails they all fail"? Wiring in series guarantees if one ignites because of a slightly quicker igniter, the rest will fail...and that's exactly what happend. :rolleyes:
Heh, maybe that's why Xircom went poof!