PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Goblin

Thor
07-13-2005, 05:01 PM
The engine was a D12-5, the Goblin was standard size tipping the scales at around 1.5-1.75 ounces (postal scale) . Winds around 3 mph. STRAIGHT awesome boost, Wow......chute out and binocs on the rocket, saw it land, marked it with a landmark, walked to the location and the ground must hae swallowed it up. Maiden flight too. I think a coyote came along and ate my rocket! Spent two hours in the hot sun combing the desert looking through the sage brush. No joy, shes gone! A houdini rocket!!! :eek: Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Doug Sams
07-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Spent two hours in the hot sun combing the desert looking through the sage brush. No joy, shes gone! A houdini rocket!!! :eek: Oh well, back to the drawing board.Sorry about your problems. Might I suggest going back to the starting point and rewalking your line? I've done that before - after walking around fer frickin' ever - and found it right away. Sometimes....

Doug

Thor
07-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks Doug, yep, I did that this afternoon. I think the sage brush is the killer, I really swept the entire area on both sides of my line, I even think I found some wadding where I thought it came down. So I scoured that area too. :confused:

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Geez, that blows. I'm sorry to hear that, especially being as it was the first flight. Not knowing the terrain, I feel kind of stupid throwing suggestions at you, but I always have luck, (when I have luck,) with walking a grid pattern over the area. This occasionally works at the VOA, but I'm pretty sure you said something about desert, didn't you? I've never even SEEN a desert, so maybe I wouldn't be the best one to listen to.

Thor
07-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Desert=A place with no trees, just lots of rocket eating coyotoes! The sage brush is about 3' high which leaves a lot of places for Goblins to hide! :D