PDA

View Full Version : Estes USS atlantis wanted PLEASE!!

Prairie Flyer
02-22-2008, 11:21 PM
I am looking for a Estes USS Atlanits kit.
Thanks.
Jon :)

Rocketking
02-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Any one of us would give a little finger to get one of these.

As it is, PD Rocketry has a 'clone' available Here (http://www.pdrocketry.com/rockets/1283.HTM)

Their PD-1283, at 19.95 for the kit, is quite reasonable. Even includes Alps waterslide decals.

Gus
02-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Glen,

Unfortunately people have been reporting PDR is pretty much nonresponsive these days.

Before ordering online I'd send an email first to see if you get a response.

dwmzmm
02-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Glen,

Unfortunately people have been reporting PDR is pretty much nonresponsive these days.

Before ordering online I'd send an email first to see if you get a response.

Great idea....

Ltvscout
02-23-2008, 08:16 AM
I am looking for a Estes USS Atlanits kit.
Thanks.
Jon :)
These are hard to come by, Jon. If you want an original, keep an eye out on eBay. Unfortunately, you'll end up paying a premium there.

Sirius Rocketry makes a great upscale version of this classic kit. You can find it here:

http://www.siriusrocketry.com/Atlantis01.htm

Prairie Flyer
02-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the help. I figured that this was a long shot but I had one of these when they first came out and loved it. Thought I would try to get another..
I will check ou the clones.

Just got my Saturn 1b from semroc and cant wait to start it. :)
Thanks again
Jon

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I've built one of the PDR USS Atlantis kits. Very nice for the price. If PDR ever gets their act back together, I'd recommend one without reservation. :cool:

Rocketking
02-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Thanks for letting me know about the PDR 'snafu', Gus. Even the best get tossed for a loop from time to time.

You can always just 'brew your own' with parts from semroc.com - They have a marker for old kit listings in the upper right position (right column) See how many parts you need to grab to get started. JimZ always has the plans (at DARS.org).

Good luck, PrairieHunter. Let us know how you make out. And of course, Post Pix!

Prairie Flyer
02-24-2008, 02:25 AM
Well,
After going to Sirius's website I could not leave with buying their Atlantis. But would still like to get the original some day.

Thanks for all the help.

PS .. Is there anyway to change your user id here? Mine is a typo .

Ltvscout
02-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Well,
After going to Sirius's website I could not leave with buying their Atlantis. But would still ike ot get the original some day.

Thanks for all the help.

PS .. Is there anyway to change your user id here? Mine is a typo .
Sure thing. Write out what you want it to be and I can easily change it for you.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Sirius upscale Atlantis.

Prairie Flyer
03-14-2008, 11:07 PM
WellI bought the Sirrious Refit Atlantis. Great kit. Going to be a fun build .
And last week I found an original on Ebay bought it for $69.00 with shipping. Kit was opened but all there.
So I'm good. Thanks all for your help.