PDA

View Full Version : Rockets of the World 2001 Supplement

barone
03-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Peter Alway Rockets of the World 2001 Supplement. Excellent condition. $15 plus shipping.

Includes details for:

NACA RM-2
NACA RM-10
NACA E-17
Monoplane Fin
Hermes A-3A
Hermes A-3B
Spherical rocket motor
PEPP Aeroshell
WASP
Terrier-Malemute
Sonda S1-S2
KSR-1

barone
03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, seems no one is interested here.....off to EBay.... :(

barone
05-12-2008, 06:30 PM
No, I'm not selling this but thought someone might like to buy it......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370051136702&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Gus
05-12-2008, 07:15 PM
"We're sorry, but bikerhal has declined your Best Offer for US $35.00.
You still have time to make another offer. The listing ends in 6 days 1 hour ."

Think I should offer $36? ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-12-2008, 09:56 PM
"We're sorry, but bikerhal has declined your Best Offer for US $35.00.
You still have time to make another offer. The listing ends in 6 days 1 hour ."

Think I should offer $36? ;)

$35.01 :D

moonzero2
05-13-2008, 01:26 AM
You guys don't think it's worth $690.00 ? :eek:

Gus
05-13-2008, 09:02 AM
You guys don't think it's worth $690.00 ? :eek:Pete has decided to have NAR publish Rockets of The World, so it will be available again in the near future at a reasonable price. :)

Used book sellers are an amazing group. They're kind of the "anit-Walmart" in terms of retail philosphy. They are willing to sit with an item for years in the hope that they will sell the item at an outlandish profit, rather than sell multiple similar items for a reasonable profit.

I buy a fair number of used books and find these "looking to win the lottery" sellers all the time. As I did with "bikerhal", I usually send an offer for what the book sold for at retail the last time it was available just to suggest how ludicrous their asking price is. For books I really want I've sent "reasonable request" offers offering to negotiate, but most of the time the sellers don't even respond.

I take solace in the fact that most used book sellers are poor, and remain that way because of their greed and ignorance of retailing basics. :rolleyes:

lurker01
05-13-2008, 09:30 AM
You guys don't think it's worth $690.00 ? :eek:

The price is ridiculous! Its just plain greed and looking for a sucker to shake down! I have seen 400 year old books sell for for far less, and yet they are more important, e.g. old map books, bibles, art... good to know that NAR will be re-printing Peter's books. Maybe NAR can fix all the errors in Peter's earlier editions?

Robert

P.s. e.g. The paint markings and dims on the Astrobee 1500 are incorrect in ROTW. Stine had better data, but has a couple errors as well :(

tbzep
05-13-2008, 05:10 PM
I buy a fair number of used books and find these "looking to win the lottery" sellers all the time. As I did with "bikerhal", I usually send an offer for what the book sold for at retail the last time it was available just to suggest how ludicrous their asking price is. For books I really want I've sent "reasonable request" offers offering to negotiate, but most of the time the sellers don't even respond.

I noticed that also when looking for an old copy of "the Handbook". Some folks had 2nd edition used books up for $50+, but I got mine from one of those public library recovery companies for about $7.49 shipped. :)

Eagle3
05-13-2008, 08:20 PM
A great place to look for used books is bookfinder.com. I recently picked up Tom Kelly's "Moon Lander" for less than $15. It's a network of used bookstores. Some are ridiculous, but many are very reasonable.

Buzz

kurtschachner
05-14-2008, 09:37 AM
A great place to look for used books is bookfinder.com. I recently picked up Tom Kelly's "Moon Lander" for less than $15. It's a network of used bookstores. Some are ridiculous, but many are very reasonable.

Buzz

Yep, I've used them for a long time now to pick up books. They used to be called mxbookfinder, which still works as a url.

But I digress. Did you see what they find for ROTW?

UMRS
05-14-2008, 09:45 AM
What does an autographed copy of ROTW go for?

$36.02 :)

pantherjon
05-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Yep, I've used them for a long time now to pick up books. They used to be called mxbookfinder, which still works as a url.

But I digress. Did you see what they find for ROTW?
Some crazy prices!:eek:

$469.99 to $905!!