PDA

View Full Version : Whats the differance between old and rereleased v-2 maxi-brute

Bluemax
03-03-2008, 06:55 PM
What is the differance between a #1276 Esate maxi-brute v-2 (70's) and a newer #1952
V-2 ?

I bought a #1267 on ebay and it has a much thinner body tube and nose cone/lower body molding. I have an original #1267 that is more beefy than this other #1267. Also the plastic has not yellowed like my original. I'm wondering if someone put a #1952 re-release in a #1267 box.

Royatl
03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
What is the differance between a #1276 Esate maxi-brute v-2 (70's) and a newer #1952
V-2 ?

I bought a #1267 on ebay and it has a much thinner body tube and nose cone/lower body molding. I have an original #1267 that is more beefy than this other #1267. Also the plastic has not yellowed like my original. I'm wondering if someone put a #1952 re-release in a #1267 box.

There should be very little difference, other than the differences in tolerances that may have happened simply because the parts were sourced 20-30 years apart. I'm certain Estes didn't tool a new mold. They *may* have specified, or had to take, a different thickness or type of plastic, if blow-molding techniques have improved over the years (and I'm sure they have).

Shreadvector
03-04-2008, 08:09 AM
I built and flew (and weighed) many of the original issue in the 1970's and also the newest "E" version. The new version has much heavier plastic nose and tail cone compared to the original. This is probably the result of some slight adjustment during manufacturing and possibly because they were molded in China instead of in the USA.

Remember what happened to the Quest MicroMaxx kits: the platic ended upthicker and heavier.

The tubes should be about the same. if the tube was substantially thicker, it may ne a high power rocketry version of the BT-101 with a thick wall.