PDA

View Full Version : Lookiung for K-27 Honest John pieces/card

Tallman
03-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Does anyone have a kit card for the old Honest John (1970ish give or take a few years) they don't need? Also looking for the nose cone (BMS is next stop if no one has an original) and a checkerboard chute(s) need 12" and 18". Or partial kit good too, or even a full one.

Thanks much, Tallman.

banco
03-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Does anyone have a kit card for the old Honest John (1970ish give or take a few years) they don't need? Also looking for the nose cone (BMS is next stop if no one has an original) and a checkerboard chute(s) need 12" and 18". Or partial kit good too, or even a full one.

Thanks much, Tallman.
You might want to get in touch with GIJoe on this board, who kindly offered me an HJ nosecone a while ago, which I declined. He may still have it. (Hope you don't mind my mentioning it, Joe.) Also, Semroc has the laser cut fins if you need them. Keep me posted on your build; I'm doing a repro myself with the BMS cone.

DonH
03-12-2008, 05:49 PM

Thanks much, Tallman.

I've been out of the hobby for ~30 years, and yesterday had to clean out "my" corner of my mother's basement. I found this web site today while trying to figure out what to do with the large pile of rocketry stuff.

Anyway, I found not one but two partial K-27 Honest John kits. I don't see a parachute in there, but I do have two nose cones, two decal sheets, two body tubes, one set of fins (not attached). Let me know if that meets your needs.

Don

Tallman
03-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Sounds promising --I sent you an email.

-Tallman