PDA

View Full Version : New web site

Vanel
07-17-2005, 11:33 PM
I just put up a new personal website here (http://www.billcooke.org)... It has a rocketry section describing launches I have attended, vendors I have purchased stuff from, and - soon - information on my fleet. There are also some words on planetary defense (I am a member of a group coming up with a "strategy") and other topics of interest to me.

Please check it out and comment - I used a template in Yahoo's site builder to construct the site, as I have no artistic sense whatsoever. I tried to keep the image sizes relatively small to minimize bandwidth, but the launch movies will probably make some sections a pain for dial-up users.

Many of the pictures change when the mouse is positioned over them - a nice way to get more stuff in the same space

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-18-2005, 12:10 AM
That X-Wing looks like something out of the start of a Six Million Dollar Man episode. Was that a 70's original or a 90's remake? I've got one of each and neither has ever been flown.

Carl@Semroc
07-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Thanks Bill for your very kind words about Semroc!

Your web site kept me busy for a while. Thanks also for sharing your career with the rest of us. I know I will think about your work the next time I watch a meteor shower.

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-18-2005, 02:45 AM
I can't get your "My Fleet & Designs" section to come up. It clicks over to one pic, but never enlarges it.

Vanel
07-18-2005, 07:51 AM
That X-Wing looks like something out of the start of a Six Million Dollar Man episode. Was that a 70's original or a 90's remake? I've got one of each and neither has ever been flown.

90's remake - It flies well on a C. Getting it back in one piece is the problem :eek:

I can't get your "My Fleet & Designs" section to come up. It clicks over to one pic, but never enlarges it.

That's because that section isn't operational yet - I saved the hardest for last. I gots lots of rockets to image and write about :D

Thanks Bill for your very kind words about Semroc!

Just calls 'em as I see 'em...

Ltvscout
07-18-2005, 08:20 AM
I just put up a new personal website here (http://www.billcooke.org)... It has a rocketry section describing launches I have attended, vendors I have purchased stuff from, and - soon - information on my fleet. There are also some words on planetary defense (I am a member of a group coming up with a "strategy") and other topics of interest to me.

Please check it out and comment - I used a template in Yahoo's site builder to construct the site, as I have no artistic sense whatsoever. I tried to keep the image sizes relatively small to minimize bandwidth, but the launch movies will probably make some sections a pain for dial-up users.

Many of the pictures change when the mouse is positioned over them - a nice way to get more stuff in the same space
A very nice site there, Bill. Thanks for the link!

Eagle3
07-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Very nice Bill. Looking forward to checking out the fleet when that section is up.

Vanel
07-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Fleet (http://www.billcooke.org) section is now up - let me know what ya'll think.

More will be added soon.

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Some pretty cool clones. I especially like the cloned Centuri stuff. Ever consider writing up a review for EMRR? I can't carry ALL of the weight of Centuri Corporation on my back. :D
That Excalibur would make a great article. :cool:
I've got a few MRC kits that I plan to build after the move. You and I may be the only ones flying them. ;)

Vanel
07-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Ever consider writing up a review for EMRR? I can't carry ALL of the weight of Centuri Corporation on my back. :D
That Excalibur would make a great article. :cool:

I intend on sending EMRR a write-up on the Excalibur and the EAC Viper very soon. Have to get some of that Centuri load off your back :D

I am realizing that us cloners have to work fast, before Carl releases the bird as a kit ;) That Krellvinator of his is amazing!

Of course, I love to see the old kits coming back - Go Semroc!