PDA

View Full Version : Connection Problems?

Ltvscout
03-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Has anyone had problems connecting to YORF, YORS or YORP the past few days? Are you getting Server Not Found messages? If so, let me know who your ISP is. Thank you.

DaveR
03-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Yes, I've had a few problems connecting lately here at work. Usually I just close the browser and reopen it and it works fine. ISP provider is USLec

cas2047
03-14-2008, 08:34 AM
I haven't had any problems accessing YORF, YORS or YORP.

dwmzmm
03-14-2008, 09:29 AM
I haven't had any problems accessing YORF, YORS or YORP.

Ditto for me....

barone
03-14-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm like Dave....I usually just close the browser and open again with no problems. ISP is BellSouth. I think my problem is the wireless router I'm going thru though...

SEL
03-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Has anyone had problems connecting to YORF, YORS or YORP the past few days? Are you getting Server Not Found messages? If so, let me know who your ISP is. Thank you.

Yup - the other night. The forum opened up ok, but I couldn't open any threads.
Worked fine after I closed the page and re-opened. ISP is Earthlink.

S.

kurtschachner
03-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah, you already know my issues and my ISP ;-)

That ol' problem of "no new messages" thing is cropping up all the time now though. For a while there it was better but the last few days it has come back.

Ltvscout
03-14-2008, 11:43 AM
That ol' problem of "no new messages" thing is cropping up all the time now though. For a while there it was better but the last few days it has come back.
The only thing I can think of with that is a cookie problem on your end.

CPMcGraw
03-14-2008, 12:38 PM

I've had some minor problems, sometimes I can get to the main page but not a deeper page. Sometimes it's slow in responding, but gets there after a refresh. Once in a blue moon it trips up my Netopia Cayman router, and I get the "Internal Diagnostics" page because it cannot locate the DNS server for YORF.

I'm on Bellsouth.net, with their "Extreme 6.0" package. Usually a top-notch connection here in Mobile...

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-14-2008, 01:46 PM

"Do these Tagalongs make my butt look big?" :eek:
I had problems connecting the other night at work. It kept crashing my JR1300BC computer, so I gave up trying after about three attempts. Later in the night I gave it another shot and found Carl's message about the new kits.
You're costing me a FORTUNE, Scott! :D

SEL
03-14-2008, 03:16 PM

I get that too. The message "There have been 'x' new threads and 'xx' posts since your last visit", but when I click on 'New Posts' I get the "sorry blah, blah, blah" message.

S

kurtschachner
03-17-2008, 09:51 AM
I get that too. The message "There have been 'x' new threads and 'xx' posts since your last visit", but when I click on 'New Posts' I get the "sorry blah, blah, blah" message.

S

Yeeeeep, you got it.

Royatl
03-17-2008, 01:05 PM
No problems here.

Solomoriah
04-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Hey, since like, 5:00pm or so, I have not been able to view the "main" page. I can view any sub-forum or thread (accessed via my history) but I can't get the main page to load. The "throbber" just spins and spins endlessly...

Solomoriah
04-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Okay, that's strange. It works in Internet Explorer. I haven't updated Firefox in a couple of weeks, so it shouldn't be an update-related problem. Has something changed on the main page?

Ltvscout
04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Okay, that's strange. It works in Internet Explorer. I haven't updated Firefox in a couple of weeks, so it shouldn't be an update-related problem. Has something changed on the main page?
Are you still having issues? I haven't changed anything. Once in awhile the ad banner program will hang which causes the main page to sit there for about a minute before it pops up without a banner.

Solomoriah
04-08-2008, 09:28 AM
That must've been it. Seems okay now.