PDA

View Full Version : Bunch of old engines (mostly FSI)

DonH
03-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Fresh from 30 years of storage in Mom's basement, these are all the engines I was holding when I left the hobby. I'd prefer a single lot sale, but if necessary will consider separate lots. In either case they'll go to the first decent offer that includes a delivery proposal that doesn't involve me either lying to a shipping clerk or going to jail. (I'm in the Seattle area, for those who might live close.) All engine date codes that I could find were 1977 or 1978.

Unopened bags of three FSI engines each:
F100-6
E5-6 (two bags, I loved that engine)
D6-4
D4-6
B3-4

Three bagged M-100 ignitors

Single FSI engines
E5-6
D6-6
B3-4 (two)
A4-4

Single Estes engines
C6-7 (two)
C6-0 (two)
B4-2
A8-0
A10-0T
A3-4T (two)

Single Centuri engines
C5-0S (two)

Plus, as a bonus I'll throw in a collection of dozens and dozens of ignitors, in at least four different styles. You're on your own for figuring out which ignitor goes with which engine.

Help save these engines from a bucket of water!

Don
long ago NAR #26413

stefanj
03-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh my . . . I'm live by Portland and could concievably make a day trip to pick them up.

I just need to decide if I want them! The FSI motors can't be flown at official launches and I'm not a collector so I'd have to think real hard if I could use them.

barone
03-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Oh my . . . I'm live by Portland and could concievably make a day trip to pick them up.

I just need to decide if I want them! The FSI motors can't be flown at official launches and I'm not a collector so I'd have to think real hard if I could use them.
But they can be flown at official launches. Check out the NAR OOP Motor Program....Once I find a link I'll post it for you...

mojo1986
03-26-2008, 07:18 AM
I wish I could get my hands on those! But I live in central Canada :( . Whether they were useable at official launches wouldn't matter to me..............I'd use them for my own launches. Yes, that E engine from FSI was just fantastic with an unheard of (at the time) 5 second burn if I remember correctly.

Joe

shockwaveriderz
03-26-2008, 11:20 AM
DonH:

please take soem hi resolution closeup photoups of these with a ruler so the sizes of the cores can be compared?

Or whoever buys them?

terry dean
barnar 16158

DonH
03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
The whole lot is sold, to a guy with a car who didn't need shipping. Kits I didn't or couldn't build coming soon.

Don

SEL
03-29-2008, 08:30 PM
DonH:

please take soem hi resolution closeup photoups of these with a ruler so the sizes of the cores can be compared?

Or whoever buys them?

terry dean
barnar 16158

I'll be sure to get the pics for you, Terry :D

BTW, I have a FSI F10-2 that I can take a few pics of as well if you like. I was told they were used for F glider competion in the InterNats.

S.

shockwaveriderz
03-29-2008, 11:52 PM
I'll be sure to get the pics for you, Terry :D

BTW, I have a FSI F10-2 that I can take a few pics of as well if you like. I was told they were used for F glider competion in the InterNats.

S.

Yes Please!

terry dean
nar 16158

Ltvscout
05-21-2009, 07:49 AM
The whole lot is sold, to a guy with a car who didn't need shipping. Kits I didn't or couldn't build coming soon.

Don
Don,

What happened with the old kits you were looking to sell last year? Are they still available?

Mark II
05-21-2009, 11:18 PM
The whole lot is sold, to a guy with a car who didn't need shipping....
Darn!! Now I'll have to cancel my tickets on the Lake Shore Limited and the Empire Builder...:(

MarkII

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Darn!! Now I'll have to cancel my tickets on the Lake Shore Limited and the Empire Builder...:(

MarkII

Who kitted those? I don't remember them. :D

Mark II
05-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Who kitted those? I don't remember them. :D
Amtrak. :rolleyes:

MarkII

SEL
05-22-2009, 09:29 AM

Don

I never did get pics of the ignitors posted - there are a bunch of what I think are old MPC's. To be honest, I haven't really looked at them since I sorted everything out right after I bought them. I'll try to get them up this evening.

S.

Ltvscout
05-22-2009, 09:36 AM
I never did get pics of the ignitors posted - there are a bunch of what I think are old MPC's. To be honest, I haven't really looked at them since I sorted everything out right after I bought them. I'll try to get them up this evening.

S.
I guess I either forgot or didn't know you were the one that bought the motors. What did you pay for the lot, if I may ask and if you remember?

Do you know anything about the kits Don said he was going to sell last year? I just happened to come across this old thread which is why I revived it. Don logged in yesterday and I assume read my question but did not reply.

DonH
05-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Don,

What happened with the old kits you were looking to sell last year? Are they still available?

Yes, I got distracted by other things and never got around to listing them. Let me tally up a list and I'll try to respond here later today.

Ltvscout
05-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Yes, I got distracted by other things and never got around to listing them. Let me tally up a list and I'll try to respond here later today.
Great! Thanks, Don.

SEL
05-22-2009, 06:39 PM
I guess I either forgot or didn't know you were the one that bought the motors. What did you pay for the lot, if I may ask and if you remember?

Do you know anything about the kits Don said he was going to sell last year? I just happened to come across this old thread which is why I revived it. Don logged in yesterday and I assume read my question but did not reply.

Oh, ~$70 -75 maybe - I was happy with the price anyway. The funny part was the way the deal went down. Don was standing on a corner in downtown Seattle with a box in his hand, and my wife, grandaughter and I drove up, passed him an envelope and he just about had to throw the box in the car window. I don't know if we even fully stopped the car (it was a pretty busy street). God knows what anyone who may have witnessed the transaction must have thought :)

S.

barone
05-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh, ~$70 -75 maybe - I was happy with the price anyway. The funny part was the way the deal went down. Don was standing on a corner in downtown Seattle with a box in his hand, and my wife, grandaughter and I drove up, passed him an envelope and he just about had to throw the box in the car window. I don't know if we even fully stopped the car (it was a pretty busy street). God knows what anyone who may have witnessed the transaction must have thought :)

S.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!
:chuckle:

DonH
05-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Ok, here's the list.

FSI Eos (kit MRK-16) . Bag is open, hang tag is missing, but all parts appear to be present, and assemly was never started.

Estes BOMARC Citation (kit MK-5). Box is open and one nacelle was assembled before I discovered that I hated working with vacu-formed plastic.

Estes Pershing 1-A MaxiBrute. Some of the fairings were assembled before I remembered that I hated working with vacu-formed plastic.

Estes Mars Lander (kit K-43). Box is opened, but no assembly ever started. Possible tear stains on the instructions , which I would periodically get out and read only to realize that building this thing would take more model building talent than I possessed.

Any takers?

jetlag
05-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Ok, here's the list.

FSI Eos (kit MRK-16) . Bag is open, hang tag is missing, but all parts appear to be present, and assemly was never started.

Estes BOMARC Citation (kit MK-5). Box is open and one nacelle was assembled before I discovered that I hated working with vacu-formed plastic.

Estes Pershing 1-A MaxiBrute. Some of the fairings were assembled before I remembered that I hated working with vacu-formed plastic.

Estes Mars Lander (kit K-43). Box is opened, but no assembly ever started. Possible tear stains on the instructions , which I would periodically get out and read only to realize that building this thing would take more model building talent than I possessed.

Any takers?

Don,
Are you selling those kits, or did I misinterpret your last post? If so, I'd love to know what you would take for them, singly or together. You could even sell them here on the FREE auction site!
Allen

DonH
05-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Don,
Are you selling those kits, or did I misinterpret your last post? If so, I'd love to know what you would take for them, singly or together. You could even sell them here on the FREE auction site!
Allen

Yes, I'd like to sell them, although I'm not sure what a fair price would be. Checking on eBay I see an unbuilt Mars Lander that just sold for $170 (item 200343675601), but I'm drawing a blank on the rest. I'd happily accept $200 plus shipping (not much weight, but the Pershing box is HUGE) for all four together. Heck, I'll even throw in a completed but unpainted mini-Bomarc to keep its big brother company. If this price seems out of line, let me know.

Don