PDA

View Full Version : Changes at Semroc's Site

Eagle3
07-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Carl's been busy. A couple new kits listed in "What's New" (Vega & Aerobee Hi), but are still labeled as "coming soon" (no add to cart button).

The Taurus and cc:Shuttle SST are now listed in "Coming Soon". :)

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-26-2005, 04:15 PM
The Taurus has been and gone. :(
It sits on my desk as I type this, balefully eyeing me as if to say "C'mon, it's only a scratch! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
Unfortunately I was watching Animal House while I built it, so it has a rather skewed sense of history.

EchoVictor
07-26-2005, 04:58 PM
"It's only a flesh wound. I'm the (Taurus) Knight! I'm invincible!"

I can't wait for the SST Shuttle. My brother used to have one. It'll make a perfect Christmas present.

Later,
EV

dwmzmm
07-26-2005, 09:39 PM
"It's only a flesh wound. I'm the (Taurus) Knight! I'm invincible!"

I can't wait for the SST Shuttle. My brother used to have one. It'll make a perfect Christmas present.

Later,
EV

I still have my original Centuri SST Shuttle built in 1970...it was pulled out of retirement and flown recently at a Challenger 498 club launch at Rushing Park, Katy, TX (4/17/05):

http://www.challenger498.org/gallery/album04/IMG010

Sorry, no liftoff pics...had to devote my full attention to the launch. Flown on a C6-3, the flight was ok until the gusty wind blew the main booster section right onto the door of Brad
Winbigler's (Challenger's President) SUV's door, causing some minor damage to the model.
Repaired, it'll probably fly again. Because of what was about to happen during the main section's recovery, I didn't get to see the orbiter section glide down (but it was recovered by
my son).

Carl@Semroc
07-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Carl's been busy. A couple new kits listed in "What's New" (Vega & Aerobee Hi), but are still labeled as "coming soon" (no add to cart button).

The Taurus and cc:Shuttle SST are now listed in "Coming Soon". :)They are all there now, except the Taurus. Whew!! Now to pack for NARAM.

Rocket-Tech Al
08-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Wait no more, pretty much. Don't know f they're at the website, but picked up my SST Shuttle at NARAM, and they were running a special that the first 100 to buy something got the Aerobee-Hi kit free! So now there are two new Semroc kits on my build pile.

AL

ghrocketman
08-02-2005, 09:34 PM
I got my Semroc SST shuttle this week.
Possibly the free Aerobee-Hi with the SST was only at NARAM; I did not get a free Aerobee-Hi.
Hopefully they will release the Centuri/Enerjet Aero-Dart clone soon; Carl had mentioned that this one is almost ready.
My Enerjet Athena clone is about 2/3 completed; once the Aero-Dart comes out, I will have two "new" Enerjet rockets.

Vanel
08-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Ordered and received all 4 of the new kits - SST Shuttle, Vega, Aerobee-Hi, and Texas FireFly - late last week. I am happy...

But my build pile is getting waaaay big.

I think I am one sick puppy - Is there a cure for this "kit buying" disease?

Good thing I am not at NARAM, or I'd be really broke :eek:

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Wait no more, pretty much. Don't know f they're at the website, but picked up my SST Shuttle at NARAM, and they were running a special that the first 100 to buy something got the Aerobee-Hi kit free!

Seriously? :confused:

Carl@Semroc
08-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Seriously? :confused:
Bill, if you (or anyone else) did not get your commemorative Aerobee-Hi with your order/purchase, let us know. We are still trying to find homes for them!

Ltvscout
08-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Bill, if you (or anyone else) did not get your commemorative Aerobee-Hi with your order/purchase, let us know. We are still trying to find homes for them!
Carl,

Does that deal go for those of us unable to attend NARAM as well? If we place an online order for a kit in the next day or two, would we be able to get a free Aerobee-Hi?

Carl@Semroc
08-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Carl,

Does that deal go for those of us unable to attend NARAM as well? If we place an online order for a kit in the next day or two, would we be able to get a free Aerobee-Hi?Yes! They are at least half gone today (Wednesday.) We have several that are reserved for orders that have been placed while we are here at NARAM.

Oh... Sorry that you have not been able to attend NARAM this year. Except for the heat, it is a great event. We hope to launch the SLS Laser-X prototype today, first on four B6-4's (350 feet predicted) and later on four C6-5's (850 feet.) 29 mm mount will have to wait for Whitakers. SLS Hydra VII prototype is almost ready.

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Yes! They are at least half gone today (Wednesday.) We have several that are reserved for orders that have been placed while we are here at NARAM.

Oh... Sorry that you have not been able to attend NARAM this year. Except for the heat, it is a great event. We hope to launch the SLS Laser-X prototype today, first on four B6-4's (350 feet predicted) and later on four C6-5's (850 feet.) 29 mm mount will have to wait for Whitakers. SLS Hydra VII prototype is almost ready.

I have to stick around here until later in the day for a home showing. Any idea what time it might fly?

Carl@Semroc
08-03-2005, 07:06 AM
I have to stick around here until later in the day for a home showing. Any idea what time it might fly?We will wait. You are the RSO, right?

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-03-2005, 07:43 AM
We will wait. You are the RSO, right?

Occasionally. Today I might also try to get a flight or two in, depending on how busy the range is. ;)

Ltvscout
08-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Yes! They are at least half gone today (Wednesday.) We have several that are reserved for orders that have been placed while we are here at NARAM.
Great! I'll spread the word around our club so that we can help get rid of those pesky kits for you. :D

CPMcGraw
08-03-2005, 09:11 AM
I think I am one sick puppy - Is there a cure for this "kit buying" disease?

I can only think of one sure-fire cure, but it's no fun...

It involves a pine box and a hole six feet deep...

SEL
08-04-2005, 12:28 AM
[QUOTE=Carl@Semroc]Yes! They are at least half gone today (Wednesday.) We have several that are reserved for orders that have been placed while we are here at NARAM.
QUOTE]

Cool!! I orderd my 2 on or about the 29th - hopefully I'm included.

p.s. - Carl, I had a few problems getting my order to go through. I recieved confirmation for one of the orders (#2060). You can ignore the one in limbo (#2061).

Thanks,

Sean

Ltvscout
08-04-2005, 07:28 AM
p.s. - Carl, I had a few problems getting my order to go through. I recieved confirmation for one of the orders (#2060). You can ignore the one in limbo (#2061).
Ya, I did too. Did you have Authorize.net chosen for payment method so you could pay by CC?

Eagle3
08-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Darn, I ordered my cc: SST Shuttle and Aerobee Hi the day they became available. I did get very low production numbers though. :D

Hey Carl, last month I ordered parts to clone another SST Shuttle before I knew the cc: SST Shuttle was coming, but haven't ordered the resin parts. Do you have those available for ordering seperate?

Bob H
08-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Hey Carl, last month I ordered parts to clone another SST Shuttle before I knew the cc: SST Shuttle was coming, but haven't ordered the resin parts. Do you have those available for ordering seperate?
I ordered the parts to clone a SST Shuttle over the winter and it's all done except for the ramjet parts. I was going to try and make them myself but never got around to it and didn't get around to ordering the resin parts either. If they are available, I would like to buy a set also. I wish the laser cut fin sets had been available last winter. Cutting them out was a slight pain.

SEL
08-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Ya, I did too. Did you have Authorize.net chosen for payment method so you could pay by CC?

Nope - I went through PayPal.

ghrocketman
08-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey Carl,
I got my SST Shuttle from you about 10 days ago....I did not get the free Aerobee-Hi kit.
From these postings on this thread, I should have ?
My EXTREMELY LOW production number is #00008 !!!!!
Were there any publicly available lower than this one ?
I'll send you a P.M.
Jerry

Carl@Semroc
08-14-2005, 04:28 AM
I did not get the free Aerobee-Hi kit.
You should be getting it soon. The 100 commemorative Aerobee-Hi's are now GONE! I hope I saved one for me.

Ltvscout
08-14-2005, 12:35 PM

The Taurus and cc:Shuttle SST are now listed in "Coming Soon". :)
I see that they are also selling some Quest motors now.

Eagle3
08-14-2005, 12:49 PM
You should be getting it soon. The 100 commemorative Aerobee-Hi's are now GONE! I hope I saved one for me.

Thanks Carl! I really wasn't expecting one since I placed an order prior to NARAM special announcement. It is very much appreciated. :)