PDA

View Full Version : Updates

Rocket Doctor
04-15-2008, 05:03 PM
From what I understand, the 2008 estes catalog is still due in at the end of April, just like last year, send in your emial requests to Estes customer Service Dept (emails only-no phone requests)

And, replacement decals for the Interceptor are bing made now and will be available soon, any requests for replacements should be made via email to Estes Customer Service. (email requests only)

moonzero2
04-15-2008, 08:29 PM
And what are those email address again?

Rocket Doctor
04-15-2008, 09:09 PM
And what are those email address again?

Gop to the Estes wbsite www.estesrockets.com
Fill out the customer service form.

Skippy
04-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Just an FYI: The Estes Customer Service Form is notoriously unfriendly for people outside the USA. If you can't give it a US state, and a US format telephone number, it will not process your form. :rolleyes:

Rocket Doctor
04-16-2008, 05:05 AM
Just an FYI: The Estes Customer Service Form is notoriously unfriendly for people outside the USA. If you can't give it a US state, and a US format telephone number, it will not process your form. :rolleyes:

Sent a written request, thy frown upon call to customer service for catalogs, they like to leave the phone lines open for those seeking assistance through customer service.

Estes-Cox Corp
Customer Service Department
2008 Catalog Request
1295 H Street
Penrose CO 81240

AKPilot
04-16-2008, 07:27 AM
I contacted Estes directly through both web site and through phone. The catalogs are, now, not expected until the beginning of May. They're hoping for sooner though . . .

BTW, in previous years, everyone knew what was coming out ahead of time - this year they're stating that marketing hasn't let the cat out of the bag. Does that sound accurate, in your experience?

Rocket Doctor
04-16-2008, 08:40 AM
I contacted Estes directly through both web site and through phone. The catalogs are, now, not expected until the beginning of May. They're hoping for sooner though . . .

BTW, in previous years, everyone knew what was coming out ahead of time - this year they're stating that marketing hasn't let the cat out of the bag. Does that sound accurate, in your experience?

They had a late start for several reasons, change in employees for one, and, information should have leaked out, because distributors and hobby shops get advanced notice of new products coming out.

I know that several items could not come out due to trademark problems.
As I had mentioned previously, the designer of the night flyer rocket has left, and long ago Rougepink left.

I guess they were also told to keep a closed lip policy?????

dwmzmm
04-16-2008, 09:22 AM
As I had mentioned previously, the designer of the night flyer rocket has left, and long ago Rougepink left.

John Boren?!

Rocket Doctor
04-16-2008, 09:46 AM
John Boren?!

Who???

Ltvscout
04-16-2008, 06:04 PM
John Boren?!
John still works for Estes. I don't believe he designed any of their kits.

Rocket Doctor
04-16-2008, 06:27 PM
John still works for Estes. I don't believe he designed any of their kits.

NO. I will PM you...