PDA

View Full Version : Part Needed

bkent1@mac.com
04-27-2008, 01:46 PM
All,

I need a plastic fin replacement for the Estes D-Region Tomahawk. Estes has been jerking me around for two weeks saying they sent it but then refusing to have someone call me back when I inquire as to why I haven't received it. Does anyone know of another place to procure it?

Thanks,

Bill Kent

Rocket Doctor
04-27-2008, 03:44 PM
All,

I need a plastic fin replacement for the Estes D-Region Tomahawk. Estes has been jerking me around for two weeks saying they sent it but then refusing to have someone call me back when I inquire as to why I haven't received it. Does anyone know of another place to procure it?

Thanks,

Bill Kent
Bill

You need to be very persistant, don't give up. Send an email to customer service and call again, leave a message.
www.estesrockets.com
1-800-525-7561 X 216 Talk to Christine

RD

TXFergie
04-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the phone number, if I may use it. I have a new kit that is missing one tube and the nose cone (never had that happen before). I have e-mailed them, but I will call them if needed. Thanks for the info!

Rick

bkent1@mac.com
04-28-2008, 05:29 PM
yes, Thank you very much for the name. I've left several messages but she may be taking vacation or just off per the schedule. Has anyone else had difficulty hearing back from Estes?

Also, are aerotech rockets better quality than estes?

Thanks,

Bill Kent

jetlag
05-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Well, Bill,
Aerotech rockets are considered Mid-Power rockets. These are built to withstand somewhat more harsh launches and recoveries. Their components enable the building of a durable model rocket on par with the larger engines needed to make 'em go. As to whether they are better than Estes, I guess that is sort of an odious comparison. Estes makes fine rocket kits, but they are largely low-power to low-mid power (E-engined rockets). Aerotech has made the same set of rockets for years and years; I can't say when the last 'New' one has been added to their inventory, but it has been a LONG time.
Both companies fill a huge niche in their respective rocketry programs. Both are loaded with friendly folks who are always glad to help!
Allen