PDA

View Full Version : Missing Gold

Rocket Doctor
05-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I am curious about the missing States in our Sky Of Gold/Golden scout celebration.

Where are our fellow model rocketeers in the missing states? Do anyone have a clue?

It's only two more months to NARAM 50, and, that is really not that far away. I would certainly like to see the entire map filled in GOLD.

There are plenty of Golden Scout still available yet.

If you haven';t pick one or tow up, now is the time. www.semroc.com

And, if you haven't registered your Golden Scout yet, please do, you need not have flown your GS yet, you can fill in your launch date later.

Remember, you must have flown your Golden Scout in the month of July to qualify for the certificate of participation being signed by Vern and Gleda estes.

I would like to also mention, I will be putting up one of my scaled up Golden Scouts at NARAM 50 for the auction.

And, I will be launching a Scaled up Golden Scout at the Imagination celebration as well, it will be it's maiden flight.

Wishing everyone a great Memorial Day Holiday.

RD

Mark II
05-24-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm really surprised that there is still nothing yet for Vermont - where's Nick?!? :confused:

Also RI, WV, and..AZ?!?!? :eek: Oh come on... aren't there any model rocketry people in those states? :mad:

And, please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I seem to recall hearing somewhere that they fly rockets in Nevada. :rolleyes:

Mark \\.

Mark II
05-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Nothing from Montana?? Paging F_O-G, paging F_O_G... :confused:

Mark \\.

barone
05-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Nothing from Montana?? Paging F_O-G, paging F_O_G... :confused:

Mark \\.
She couldn't even find epoxy.....what makes you think she can find a Scout?

Rocket Doctor
05-24-2008, 08:07 PM
She couldn't even find epoxy.....what makes you think she can find a Scout?

www.semroc.com
That's her solution...........

dwmzmm
05-24-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm surprised AZ has none registered; didn't they have a NARAM there only a few short years ago?

Mark II
05-25-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm surprised AZ has none registered; didn't they have a NARAM there only a few short years ago?
Really!! There's no excuse!!

Mark \\.

Rocket Doctor
05-25-2008, 05:58 AM
I sent out press releases to clubs (NAR) in the missing States , still, no response??????? I even sent out press releases to foreign clubs, the only club so far is the one from Melbourne, and Leo, from Germany, also has his GS.

If anyone has any suggestions, let's hear them.Thanks.

Leo
05-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Leo from Germany :)

moonzero2
05-26-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm really surprised that there is still nothing yet for Vermont - where's Nick?!? :confused:

Also RI, WV, and..AZ?!?!? :eek: Oh come on... aren't there any model rocketry people in those states? :mad:

And, please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I seem to recall hearing somewhere that they fly rockets in Nevada. :rolleyes:

Mark \\.
Yea, people launch rockets in Navada, but I don't think any of people are from Nevada. Imagine that. ;)

Rocket Doctor
05-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Yea, people launch rockets in Navada, but I don't think any of people are from Nevada. Imagine that. ;)

You are probably right, there are NO NAR sections listed for Nevada..........

Mark II
05-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh, I thought that there was an NAR Section in Las Vegas, but I was mistaken. There is a Tripoli Prefecture there, and another one in Northern NV, but no NAR.

Mark \\.

Mikus
05-26-2008, 09:58 PM
I can't login to update my log (Building). Do you need to use a leading zero if your flight number < 1000? How does one get their password reset?

dwmzmm
05-26-2008, 10:14 PM
I can't login to update my log (Building). Do you need to use a leading zero if your flight number < 1000? How does one get their password reset?

You could probably just e-mail SEMROC; they should be able to help you with that.

Niteowl
05-27-2008, 01:17 AM
.......There are plenty of Golden Scout still available yet.

If you haven';t pick one or tow up, now is the time. www.semroc.com.......

This thread got my curiosity up about the "Sky of Gold" celebration. I placed my order about a 1/2 hour ago. One each for my son and I. I will encourage him to keep it safe along with his Pinewood Derby racer. Not having any "treasures" from my childhood, I'm keen on him preserving a few things. I think the Golden Scout will fit into that catagory nicely!

Mikus
05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
You could probably just e-mail SEMROC; they should be able to help you with that.

Tried that, nothing but silence thus far.

I'm afraid I won't be able to update in July and thus won't be eligible for my certificate, which is what I really want.

Oh well, I've still got a month. Maybe some email carpet-bombing will make a difference. :eek:

Royatl
05-28-2008, 03:25 PM

Same here.

Carl@Semroc
05-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Tried that, nothing but silence thus far.

I'm afraid I won't be able to update in July and thus won't be eligible for my certificate, which is what I really want.

Oh well, I've still got a month. Maybe some email carpet-bombing will make a difference. :eek:Sorry we missed your original email. We still get so much spam that we don't always find all the good emails when they first come in. I have sent a reply with the new password.

Leo
05-28-2008, 04:11 PM
I didn't my password(s) aswell.

Carl@Semroc
05-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I didn't my password(s) aswell.You make up your own password the first time. I just had to reset Mikus' password.

Leo
05-29-2008, 01:03 AM
You make up your own password the first time. I just had to reset Mikus' password.

Doh. I think I'm getting old :)

Rocket Doctor
05-29-2008, 05:55 AM
Doh. I think I'm getting old :)

No Leo, well aged like a fine wine..........

Mikus
05-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Sorry we missed your original email. We still get so much spam that we don't always find all the good emails when they first come in. I have sent a reply with the new password.

Thanks again Carl, y'all rock as usual!!!

Man it's Hell getting old. :o

Maniac BAR
05-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Ok, I am guilty!! :o I have had my Scout built and finished for a few weeks now and completely forgotten about registuring it!! :) Where do I go and what do I need to do? I am one of the ones from Phoenix, AZ. :cool:

dwmzmm
05-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Ok, I am guilty!! :o I have had my Scout built and finished for a few weeks now and completely forgotten about registuring it!! :) Where do I go and what do I need to do? I am one of the ones from Phoenix, AZ. :cool:

Great!! What took so long?!

Go to the SEMROC website and click the "Sky of Gold" masthead near the top. Then go from there. Your Golden Scout did come with a registration number, didn't it?

Maniac BAR
05-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Yep, # 405. My local friend Moe, has either the one before or the one after mine. He was so ti ckled to see them come out he ordered a few and was kind enough to give me one. As usual, I was WAY out of the loop and never knew they were being made but am very glad he was so generous. It was one of the early ones I never got to have.

As for why it took so long, do you want the short story or the boring to tears one :eek: Doesn't matter, I will spare everyone the details.

We have both flown them twice with about the same results on each of the flights. We have a local park launch in July and will be launching them for the celabration then. As soon as I get off here I will get mine in to Semroc. Thanks.

Maniac BAR
05-30-2008, 12:08 AM
DONE :D :p :D

dwmzmm
05-30-2008, 12:14 AM

Yep, I see it. Now Carl has to make the State of Arizona Gold! Congratulations on being the
first for Arizona!!

Rocket Doctor
05-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Complete registation information is on the last page of the kit instructions.

You need not have flown your Golden Scout yet to register, just update the info in July.

Remember, you must have at least one flight flown in July 2008 to qualify for the certificate of participation.
Additional Golden Scouts can be ordred from Semroc, don't miss out.

www.semroc.com

Maniac BAR
05-30-2008, 02:10 AM
Yep, I see it. Now Carl has to make the State of Arizona Gold! Congratulations on being the
first for Arizona!!

Thanks Dave :) I have no explination as to why no one else has yet to register! We have a nice large amount of members in the SSS and I have mentioned the Sky of Gold event at the last two club meetings. I know of at least four other members who have said they ordered kits. They may not know about the registration or are thinking they need to wait till July to do it. I will find out at the next meeting.

Mark II
05-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Hurray! We've got Arizona now! Filling in that gold! :)

Mark \\.

barone
05-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Well, looking at the map, it looks like only 13 of the 57 states are left to be registered...... ;)

Rocket Doctor
05-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, looking at the map, it looks like only 13 of the 57 states are left to be registered...... ;)

Did you say 57 states? Did they add the additional 7 for the election?

Indiana
05-30-2008, 08:05 PM

LOL

barone
05-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Well, Barack Obama said he's visited all 57 states. Being a presidential candidate, I figure he must know what he's talking about...... :rolleyes:

Ltvscout
05-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Man, if a Republican candidate made a comment like that the media would've been all over them like stink on doo doo.

Mark II
05-30-2008, 10:25 PM
57 states of consciousness...

......that led to my 19th nervous breakdown...

......... after listening to Revolution #9...

............as performed by 10,000 Maniacs...

............... on a 33-1/3...

.................. playing at 78...

..................... backwards. :eek:

Mark \\.

Rocket Doctor
05-31-2008, 06:06 AM
Maybe he confused it with Heinz 57...................

Ltvscout
05-31-2008, 08:56 AM
............as performed by 10,000 Maniacs...
I like Natalie Merchant's singing.

JRThro
05-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Well, Barack Obama said he's visited all 57 states. Being a presidential candidate, I figure he must know what he's talking about...... :rolleyes:
I though he said he'd visited 58 states, or all of them except Alaska and Hawaii.

Ltvscout
05-31-2008, 10:33 AM
I though he said he'd visited 58 states, or all of them except Alaska and Hawaii.
No it was 57 states, with one left to go. He wasn't allowed to go to Hawaii and Alaska by his staff. That gives us a total of 60 states! Woohooo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Well what are we WAITING for? Let's get Hilary and Barack out there campaigning in those states! They should have to suffer through the pain and itch of primaries just like the rest of us. :D

Mark II
05-31-2008, 06:48 PM
I wasn't expecting this thread to go political.

Bye.

Mark \\.

Rocket Doctor
05-31-2008, 09:12 PM
At least we don't have red and blue states, I like the Gold better.....

Rocket Doctor
06-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Jennifer-Ash-Poole has just sent out a 20 day notice to register for NARAM 50, before they start to charge the penalty fee.

Along those sane lines, that means that we are getting closer to July, the official Sky Of Gold - Goldn Scout celebration month.

We are still missing GOLD to fill out the map, I would like to see every state repres;ented before July.

Anyone have any ideas for this goal???

Also, if you would like to purchase additiona Golden Scout kit(s), they are still available, after NARAM, I doubt there will be any left. www.semroc.com

Remember, July is the official launch month to qualify for the certificate of participation to be issued and signed by Veren and Gleda Estes.

You must have flown your Golden Scout at least once in July and note it on the log, if you have purchased Golden Scouts and haven't registered yet, please do so, you need not have flown it yet, you can fill in the information later regarding your maiden flight.

Don't delay, lets spread the word and fill in the missing GOLD.

Leo
06-05-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm also a bit surprised that I'm the only European on the list :confused:

Rocket Doctor
06-05-2008, 06:06 AM
I sent out a press relaease to several International partners and haven't had any response back yet.

We do have partners from Melbourne AU, and we welcome them.

Leo, spread the word, hopefully, we can get more International partners onboard before next month.

I had also sent out a press release to those clubs in the missing states, apparently, no interest?????????