http://www.retrothing.com/2008/06/retro-thing-tv.html

I found it here, at a super-8 website I was reading:

http://onsuper8.blogspot.com/2008/06/super-8-rockets.html

Leo
06-26-2008, 01:43 AM
Neat. Love the Estes promo movie :)

Ltvscout
06-26-2008, 10:07 AM
That was pretty slick. I never heard of that "sales" film existing before this. Makes me wanna fly mine again. ;)

That was neat how that one shot caught the booster coming down under chute.

One of these days you ought to take our combined films and digitize them.

shockwaveriderz
06-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Some of you more old timers may remember a Herb Desind, aka "Mr.Cineroc" It's my understanding that he actually logged 10,000 + flights on Cineroc's during his lifetime! Herb has a collection of space related stuff that was donated to the Smithsonian after his death in 1992, but it doesn' t appear to include any of his Cineroc Flight movies. I wonder what became of all of them?

terry dean

Ltvscout
06-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Some of you more old timers may remember a Herb Desind, aka "Mr.Cineroc" It's my understanding that he actually logged 10,000 + flights on Cineroc's during his lifetime! Herb has a collection of space related stuff that was donated to the Smithsonian after his death in 1992, but it doesn' t appear to include any of his Cineroc Flight movies. I wonder what became of all of them?
Scott Branche may know. He got all of Herb's Cineroc's (a whole closet full from what I recall).

rocket.aero
06-30-2008, 04:53 PM

terry dean

The Old Rocketeer's Reunion DVD set will contain a short reel of Herb Desind's Cineroc flights. I'm told that there is a *much* longer version of the Desind demo reel floating around out there, but we were unable to locate a copy to include on the DVD package. See:

http://www.narhams.org/naram50/merchandise.html

James

kurtschachner
06-30-2008, 06:59 PM
terry dean

That is hard to say. You know, I bought several of Herb's Cinerocs when Scott was selling them off. You could buy either a new one still in the box or a used one. None of the used ones came with a film cartridge, and Scott told me that was because they were mistakenly thrown away. So it is quite possible that something similar happened to the films.

For a while there when the Desind Cinerocs were "flodding" the market, the price of a film cartridge equaled the going rate for a used Cineroc. Even today it is unusual to see cartridges by themselves for sale on eBay.