PDA

View Full Version : Model Missiles, Inc. Aerobee-Hi Review

kurtschachner
07-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Here is the review of the MMI Aerobee-Hi kit I mentioned in the other thread about Orville Carlisle. It was scanned from the September 1958 issue of American Modeler.

shockwaveriderz
07-08-2008, 07:51 PM
kurt:

you mean this:

http://www.oldrocketplans.com/pubs/American_Modeler/9-58/9_58AmMod.pdf

terry dean

kurtschachner
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
kurt:

you mean this:

http://www.oldrocketplans.com/pubs/American_Modeler/9-58/9_58AmMod.pdf

terry dean

Ah, never mind, I see that Sean sent those to Scott.

One time about 5-8 years ago I scanned in about the same articles and did anywhere between something and nothing with them. Anyway, your pick on either Sean's scan or mine ;)

It just caps off a day when nothing is going right. It all started when I lost my scone at the coffee shop. It was lost in all of about 5 feet between the cash register and the cream & sugar bar. Then I lost my keys in the 10 feet between there and the door.

Once I finally got out to my car I knew it was going to be "one of those" days.

SEL
07-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Ah, never mind, I see that Sean sent those to Scott.

One time about 5-8 years ago I scanned in about the same articles and did anywhere between something and nothing with them. Anyway, your pick on either Sean's scan or mine ;)

It just caps off a day when nothing is going right. It all started when I lost my scone at the coffee shop. It was lost in all of about 5 feet between the cash register and the cream & sugar bar. Then I lost my keys in the 10 feet between there and the door.

Once I finally got out to my car I knew it was going to be "one of those" days.

Ouch!!!! A scone I could handle - the keys, no. I *DID* forget my coffee at the coffe shop once :o :o :o

Sean

JRThro
07-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Ouch!!!! A scone I could handle - the keys, no. I *DID* forget my coffee at the coffe shop once :o :o :o

Sean
Every so often, I'll put something on the roof of my car while I unlock the door, and then I'll leave it there. Then someone in another car will honk and start waving at me to let me know it's there. Or not, and it'll fall off.

One time I left a bottle of Courvoisier VSOP cognac on my car, and totally forgot about it. I'm sure it fell off and broke on the street, but I never saw it again.

kurtschachner
07-09-2008, 09:39 AM

Sean

Well, I did find them, I didn't mean to imply that they were permanently lost :p The scone was up on a shelf above the cream and sugar and the keys were back up at the counter (but behind some candy for sale).

The cute young thing at the counter was starting to treat me like a nursing home escapee however. You know, "ARE WE SPTTING OUT OUR PILLS AGAIN, MR. SCHACHNER? YOU KNOW THOSE ARE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

Yeah, yeah.

JRThro
07-09-2008, 09:56 AM
The cute young thing at the counter was starting to treat me like a nursing home escapee however. You know, "ARE WE SPTTING OUT OUR PILLS AGAIN, MR. SCHACHNER? YOU KNOW THOSE ARE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

Yeah, yeah.
Tell her you won't even be eligible to join the AARP for 3 more years!

SEL
07-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Every so often, I'll put something on the roof of my car while I unlock the door, and then I'll leave it there. Then someone in another car will honk and start waving at me to let me know it's there. Or not, and it'll fall off.

One time I left a bottle of Courvoisier VSOP cognac on my car, and totally forgot about it. I'm sure it fell off and broke on the street, but I never saw it again.

**DOUBLE OUCH** .... You're breaking my heart!! Tho I'm partial to Kelt VSOP myself, that had to hurt!

Sean

kurtschachner
07-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Tell her you won't even be eligible to join the AARP for 3 more years!

Holy cow, it is that close? Noooo!