PDA

View Full Version : I Am Sick Of This Place!!!

rokitflite
08-25-2005, 09:32 PM
That's it! I had have it with all the for stupid junk that put up with I had hear! You talk just guys and guys and never to with being for anything anybody else does!!! Don't any of you ever stand up and greet with the where with all to admit you may knot no what you are listening about??? The moderators here are just an outlandish goroup of stupid fig bargers!!! It is a waist of tim too try to past any relevent information to a bunch of idiots!!! This suposed to a forum for to share thawts and ideas, but all you just choose to spend you're time standing on stupid thoughts!!! This place is a watste of my time!!!

-Scott

(Hey, I figured this forum needed a rambling thread from a pissed off member with awful grammar and spelling to liven it up a bit as well... carry on.)

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-25-2005, 09:59 PM
What's a "fig barger"? :confused:

Scott needs a beer.

JRThro
08-25-2005, 10:47 PM
That's it! I had have it with all the for stupid junk that put up with I had hear! You talk just guys and guys and never to with being for anything anybody else does!!! Don't any of you ever stand up and greet with the where with all to admit you may knot no what you are listening about??? The moderators here are just an outlandish goroup of stupid fig bargers!!! It is a waist of tim too try to past any relevent information to a bunch of idiots!!! This suposed to a forum for to share thawts and ideas, but all you just choose to spend you're time standing on stupid thoughts!!! This place is a watste of my time!!!

-Scott
Wow, how did you do that?

EchoVictor
08-25-2005, 10:56 PM

(In best Homer Simpson voice) "Mmmmmm....fig bargers."

A rejected product name for really large Fig Newtons?

Later,
EV

JRThro
08-26-2005, 08:23 AM

Scott needs a beer.
And how do you pronounce the 'g' in 'barger'?

Eagle3
08-26-2005, 10:21 AM
I was starting to wonder how someone hacked your ID. :D

Phred
08-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey youse guys... quit bargin' my figs!!

Ph

stefanj
08-26-2005, 06:36 PM
And how do you pronounce the 'g' in 'barger'?

Like "g" in "cough."

As in, "My dog eat too many of those fig cookies and bargered all over the carpet."

Nuke Rocketeer
08-27-2005, 04:19 PM

Scott needs a beer.

A Beer? He needs to consume a case! OTOH He sounds like he already has!

Tau Zero
08-27-2005, 11:53 PM
This suposed to a forum for to share thawts and ideas, but all you just choose to spend you're time standing on stupid thoughts!!! This place is a watste of my time!!!.)(straight face) Fine. Go here, then:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/APWO8J1SKNXTF/ref=cm_cr_auth/102-3829736-5905732

;) :D :eek:

Hey, I figured this forum needed a rambling thread from a pissed off member with awful grammar and spelling to liven it up a bit as well... carry on!!!.)

(chuckling) You had me going at first, since I'd just read a similar post on an entirely unrelated group. :o :cool:

Cheers,

--Jay
(who just got done skimming most of Bill's Amazon reviews)

JRThro
08-28-2005, 03:52 PM
(straight face) Fine. Go here, then:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/APWO8J1SKNXTF/ref=cm_cr_auth/102-3829736-5905732

;) :D :eek:

(chuckling) You had me going at first, since I'd just read a similar post on an entirely unrelated group. :o :cool:

Cheers,

--Jay
(who just got done skimming most of Bill's Amazon reviews)
Hey, I'm a huge Supertramp fan, too. Didja know they're still in business?

But in 22 pages of reviews, only ONE Rush album??

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Hey, I'm a huge Supertramp fan, too. Didja know they're still in business?

But in 22 pages of reviews, only ONE Rush album??

Rush is a tough band for me to review because I'm a REALLY big fan. They've released some less than impressive stuff since the late 80's/early 90's, and to say this is just asking for bad marks from readers.
Supertramp in business kind of smacks of padding the retirement account. I thought they pulled the plug initially at just the right time. Some of Hodgson's solo stuff was also decent, but the mid 70's were my favorite.
Did you read any of my rocket reviews? :D

ScaleNut
08-28-2005, 07:10 PM
I'd have to vote "crime of the centuri" as my favorite supertramp, hands down.
Angel city is cool ,I have a tape I made in the late 70's from a live broadcast.
Rush ... my favorite would either be' farewell to kings' or 'hemispheres'... hard to pick just one.

right now I'm on a 'max webster' /' kim mitchell' binge

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-28-2005, 07:30 PM
right now I'm on a 'max webster' /' kim mitchell' binge

I downloaded a bunch of MW/KM stuff a few months ago, just to see if I liked it. It wasn't my cup of tea. What would you compare it to as a fan? It reminded me of Triumph, but I may be wrong. I was kind of surprised at my ho-hum response to it, but I was the same way about Rose Tattoo, another Aussie band that gets compared to Angel City a lot. Didn't work for me, but it was worth a shot. ;)

Ltvscout
08-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Supertramp in business kind of smacks of padding the retirement account. I thought they pulled the plug initially at just the right time. Some of Hodgson's solo stuff was also decent, but the mid 70's were my favorite.
Bill,

Was that you singing, "Take a look at my girlfriend, she's the only one I got. Not much of a girlfriend, never seem to get a lot."

:D

BTW, Supertramp was a great band, IMHO. And Rush ranked right up there as well. Ahhh, the 70's. ;-)

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Bill,

Was that you singing, "Take a look at my girlfriend, she's the only one I got. Not much of a girlfriend, never seem to get a lot."

:cool: I had no complaints. :cool:
:rolleyes:

JRThro
08-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Rush is a tough band for me to review because I'm a REALLY big fan. They've released some less than impressive stuff since the late 80's/early 90's, and to say this is just asking for bad marks from readers.
I've seen Rush twice, in 1976 when I was in college, and then again in 1996. They are my favorite band. I could probably do without most of their output from the '80's, or at least the several albums that sound the same.

I saw Supertramp once, on their farewell tour with Roger Hodgson, and I used to own all of their LP's from the first one through 'Breakfast in America'. IIRC, he somehow broke both of his wrists just days after releasing his second solo album, 'Hai Hai'. 'Eye of the Storm', his first album, was a good one.

Oh, and yes, I read your rocket reviews.

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-28-2005, 10:59 PM
I've seen Rush twice, in 1976 when I was in college, and then again in 1996. They are my favorite band. I could probably do without most of their output from the '80's, or at least the several albums that sound the same.

Oh, and yes, I read your rocket reviews.

I saw Rush in November of '82 at the University of Dayton and in the spring of '83 in Cincinnati. The Cincy show was terrible because every time someone moved they were hit with an army of flashlights. They were overcompensating after the Who concert in 1979. In Dayton there was a guy behind us with a gas powered bong and I got to go to a girls dorm on the UD campus. :eek: It wasn't quite Revenge Of The Nerds, but it honestly wasn't far from it. :cool:

JRThro
08-29-2005, 08:08 AM
I saw Rush in November of '82 at the University of Dayton and in the spring of '83 in Cincinnati. The Cincy show was terrible because every time someone moved they were hit with an army of flashlights. They were overcompensating after the Who concert in 1979. In Dayton there was a guy behind us with a gas powered bong and I got to go to a girls dorm on the UD campus. :eek: It wasn't quite Revenge Of The Nerds, but it honestly wasn't far from it. :cool:
Is that like CO2 cartridge powered, or gasoline engine powered? I'd be imagining all sorts of things, if I knew what a bong was. :rolleyes:

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Is that like CO2 cartridge powered, or gasoline engine powered? I'd be imagining all sorts of things, if I knew what a bong was. :rolleyes:

It's a "smoking apparatus". This thing fired up like a miniature gas grill. Every few minutes we'd hear a sound like a hot air balloon was passing over. I thought it was pretty funny, but I was a beer man at the time, and I paid to see the show, not forget it. :rolleyes:

rokitflite
08-29-2005, 03:11 PM
You all have TOTALLY lost me. Carry on, have fun! :D

Ltvscout
08-29-2005, 06:35 PM
It's a "smoking apparatus".
I thought you were talking about Richard Bong State Recreational Area in Kenosha, WI where we fly our HPR stuff. ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-29-2005, 10:38 PM
I thought you were talking about Richard Bong State Recreational Area in Kenosha, WI where we fly our HPR stuff. ;)

Scott and I were really looking forward to flying at the Bong last year at NARCON. A little chilly tough. :eek:

Nuke Rocketeer
08-30-2005, 05:52 AM
I was a beer man at the time,

What are you now? :rolleyes:

Joe W

JRThro
08-30-2005, 10:58 AM
You all have TOTALLY lost me. Carry on, have fun! :D
Sure we have. ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-30-2005, 03:06 PM
What are you now? :rolleyes:

Joe W

Duh! Zima. Isn't everyone? :D

Ltvscout
08-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Scott and I were really looking forward to flying at the Bong last year at NARCON. A little chilly tough. :eek:
Well, maybe you can do a Bong (launch) this next year. Hopefully we'll have warmer weather for once!

Ltvscout
08-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Duh! Zima. Isn't everyone? :D
Bizyuck!

Tweener
08-30-2005, 06:29 PM
In Dayton there was a guy behind us with a gas powered bong....

Hmm.... maybe we could put fins on one and make it rocket powered! :D

Nuke Rocketeer
08-30-2005, 06:48 PM

Hmmmmmmm!! Launch a bong at Bong?

Maybe a PMC using a Revell P-38 to go along with it! In keeping with the theme of this thread, put the 5 leaf symbol on its sides.
Joe W

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-30-2005, 09:15 PM

Like, your HEAD would explode, man! :eek:
Far out.