PDA

View Full Version : Aero Gloss Dope on Ebay

mojo1986
09-04-2008, 06:51 AM
In case there's anyone wanting original cans of Aero Gloss dope, here's an auction on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370083215242&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=024

Four 8 oz cans each of red, white and black, plus two 8 oz cans of balsa fillercoat and a 16 oz can of thinner. This is a nice lot because these are the most commonly used colors and everything in the lot is useful for someone in model rocketry. I am not selling this lot. I have purchased dope from this seller in the past...............he is very reliable.

Joe

Bob Kaplow
09-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I always wonder if the seller has a legal shipping method. While ebay bans the sale of rocket motors, all sorts of other hazmat is subject to similar shipping restrictions.

Before NARAM I ordered a spray can of stuff from an Amazon "affiliate". It was shipped in a standard USPS "priority mail" box with absolutely no hazmat markings on the package. Totally illegal, since priority packages can end up on commercial airlines.

ghrocketman
09-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I don't even ask how products like this are shipped; liability lies with the SELLER/shipper not the purchaser and I quite frankly would not want to know.

Plausible deniability, baby ! ;)

Shipping is probably the most needlessly OVER-regulated industry we have in the US.

Could somebody please tell me the difference in shipping an 8oz can of Aero Gloss dope by air in comparison to shipping a 16oz can of hairspray or deodorant in luggage ?
The answer is easy....there is NONE except the over-regulation when not in luggage !

Bob Kaplow
09-04-2008, 11:50 AM
I agree that shipping regulations have gone overboard, and that once we're done battling with the BATFE it might be our next target for regulatory relief. We've attacked this successfully back in the late 70s IIRC, and given the time and resources it might be worth another round.

But if you knew someone that was on that ValuJet plane that crashed years back, you wouldn't think the regulations were needless. While I didn't know any one there, I did know one of the victims of the Air Canada crash in Cincinnati.

Unknown undocumented hazardous materials do not belong on passenger planes.

And if we have to comply with those regulations when shipping our rocket motors, and pay through the nose when we do ship them, then other businesses need to comply with those same regulations as well.

Just ask Ric Gaff about the motors he ordered years ago!

tbzep
09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I have purchased dope from this seller in the past...............he is very reliable.

I just had to quote you on that one. :D

CoachJT
09-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I have purchased dope from this seller in the past...............he is very reliable.

To quote Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott: "Laddy..Don't you think you should, rephrase that?" ;)

Anyone remember the episode that's from?

Phred
09-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Trouble with Tribbles?

CoachJT
09-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Trouble with Tribbles?

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner. That was too easy though ;)

ghrocketman
09-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Yep...that line by Scotty was in the "bar scene" with the Klingons of that episode right after a Klingon stated "The Enterprise IS garbage ! "

CoachJT
09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Yep...that line by Scotty was in the "bar scene" with the Klingons of that episode right after a Klingon stated "The Enterprise IS garbage ! "

I should have known better then to ask such a silly question. Rocketeers remembering lines from Star Trek TOS would be "No Tribble at T'all" :D :D :D

kurtschachner
09-05-2008, 01:54 PM

Yes, and here's another bit of trivia - It is the only scene in all of the classic series where there's a direct dialogue between Scotty and Chekov.

ghrocketman
09-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Now that's a bit of ST-TOS trivia I did NOT know !

Phred
09-05-2008, 06:34 PM
OK, I remember this: Scotty was trying to keep everyone calm when the Klingons were insulting Kirk, then the Klingon said:

"I didn't mean to say that the Enterprise should be hauling garbage. I meant to say that it should be hauled away AS garbage"

If I remember correctly... then... Scotty started throwing punches...

Phred

CoachJT
09-05-2008, 07:11 PM
OK, I remember this: Scotty was trying to keep everyone calm when the Klingons were insulting Kirk, then the Klingon said:

"I didn't mean to say that the Enterprise should be hauling garbage. I meant to say that it should be hauled away AS garbage"

If I remember correctly... then... Scotty started throwing punches...

Phred

You are correct.

Right before the Klingon said that line, that's when Scotty "suggested" the Klingon should rephrase his statement.

Mikus
09-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I should have known better then to ask such a silly question. Rocketeers remembering lines from Star Trek TOS would be "No Tribble at T'all" :D :D :D

Nice avatar. Can we play again but using B5 quotes? :D

CoachJT
09-10-2008, 03:40 PM
"Trust Ivonova, Trust Yourself, anyone else....Shoot 'em!!" :eek:

What was this thread about again :confused: :rolleyes:

Solomoriah
09-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Aero Gloss dope... that you have all been sniffing, evidently... :D

ghrocketman
09-11-2008, 08:18 AM
C'mon now !
There isn't anything wrong with a nice BIG WHIFF of Aero Gloss every now and again....
Sniff, SNIFF, SNIFF !
tic, tic, tic....

Bob Kaplow
09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
C'mon now !
There isn't anything wrong with a nice BIG WHIFF of Aero Gloss every now and again....
Sniff, SNIFF, SNIFF !
tic, tic, tic....

I'm sure that's what led to my adult sinus problems.

Jeff Walther
09-24-2008, 03:18 PM
"Trust Ivonova, Trust Yourself, anyone else....Shoot 'em!!"

Well she said it to Lt. Corwin in the command center of B5, but I don't remember the episode name.

jj94
09-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I just had to quote you on that one. :D
Aww man. I was going to quote that. I wanted to make a joke asking if he wanted professional help but that's gone down the toilet. Haha.

Woah. I didn't realize this thread was three pages in and I quoted a post from the first page...

Mikus
09-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Well she said it to Lt. Corwin in the command center of B5, but I don't remember the episode name.

"No Surrender, No Retreat" :D

tbzep
09-25-2008, 09:53 AM
"No Surrender, No Retreat" :D

Sounds close to the Galaxy Quest quote too. "Never give up. Never Surrender." :p