PDA

View Full Version : Centuri 'Chute

Rustee
09-08-2008, 11:48 PM
I pulled this out of my Estes Trans Wing glider,I don't remember changing the parachute but the catalogue says it uses a streamer. It measures 19" and has eight lines,what would it be from? Maybe this should go into a Centuri that's restored or cloned instead!

Rocket Doctor
09-09-2008, 07:53 AM
I pulled this out of my Estes Trans Wing glider,I don't remember changing the parachute but the catalogue says it uses a streamer. It measures 19" and has eight lines,what would it be from? Maybe this should go into a Centuri that's restored or cloned instead!

The photo is a little blurry, but, it looks like a Centuri chute. What does the center logo say?

As you might know, at one time, Estes made Centuri kits in Penrose, look at the packaging and the address.

Centuri had some odd size chute, like a 14 inch.

SEL
09-09-2008, 09:39 PM
The photo is a little blurry, but, it looks like a Centuri chute. What does the center logo say?

As you might know, at one time, Estes made Centuri kits in Penrose, look at the packaging and the address.

Centuri had some odd size chute, like a 14 inch.

RD,

Centuri had 12, 16, 20 and 24" chutes.

Sean

Rustee
09-10-2008, 09:17 AM
It says "Centuri Engineering Pheonix Ariz" with a logo of a capsule orbiting the Earth. It would be 20" from tape disc to tape disc . I must have picked it up somewhere but I could swear that it was in the kit. One way to find out is to open up another one.

tbzep
09-10-2008, 11:24 AM
It says "Centuri Engineering Pheonix Ariz" with a logo of a capsule orbiting the Earth. It would be 20" from tape disc to tape disc . I must have picked it up somewhere but I could swear that it was in the kit. One way to find out is to open up another one.

The Transwing became available in 1995. Centuri ceased to exist after 1983, so even though both companies were being shipped from the same place in the end, the old Centuri stuff would have been long gone by 1995.

Odds are you had it laying around and put it in when you built the Transwing, either on purpose and you just forgot, or you grabbed it instead of the included chute by mistake.