PDA

View Full Version : CMR Humpty Dumpty Egglofter

shockwaveriderz
09-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Anbody have the plans or a catalog image or other of this kit?

terry dean

snaquin
09-19-2008, 08:08 PM

terry dean

Here's the catalog image

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rockets/catalogs/cmr87/87cmr17.html

SEL
09-19-2008, 08:54 PM

terry dean

I have the plans (and a half built kit). Thought I sent them to Scott.......
Probably one of those 'good intentions' :o Let me see if I can dig them up.

Sean

Bob Kaplow
09-19-2008, 10:09 PM
And I still have mine. Built many years ago, don't know if I ever flew it.

The design is too short and tended to wiggle in flight from what I remember. The tapered egglofters that are common now have much longer boattails.

Ltvscout
09-20-2008, 07:56 AM
I don't believe I have those. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but Larry Broadbent just sent me a bunch of CMR plans last night. I now have the following CMR plans from him which will find there way to YORP:

Tachyon
Hyper C2
ELO C3
Rapier C5
Chameleon C12
4-Fin Jig

shockwaveriderz
09-20-2008, 12:31 PM

Sean

sean:

would be much appreciated!

terry dean

barone
09-21-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't believe I have those. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but Larry Broadbent just sent me a bunch of CMR plans last night. I now have the following CMR plans from him which will find there way to YORP:

Tachyon
Hyper C2
ELO C3
Rapier C5
Chameleon C12
4-Fin Jig
Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh :D

Green Dragon
09-25-2008, 03:24 AM

Tachyon
Hyper C2
ELO C3
Rapier C5
Chameleon C12
4-Fin Jig

can I say .... AWESOME !

been looking for tehper plans for some time, since my brother had one, might still have some fins for one .
just missed one on Ebay a few weeks back, too .

let us know when up :)

~ AL

SEL
09-25-2008, 08:40 PM
sean:

would be much appreciated!

terry dean

I sent a pdf of the plans to Scott about an hour ago ( and I copied you, too, Terry.)

Next up: Motor pics!

S.

Ez2cDave
04-21-2021, 06:30 PM

terry dean

13 years later . . .

The CMR Humpty-Dumpty was a very unusual design. The only time I can ever remember seeing one was at NARAM-19 ( Kansas City - 1977 ).

Dave F.

Ltvscout
04-21-2021, 06:41 PM
I sent a pdf of the plans to Scott about an hour ago ( and I copied you, too, Terry.)

Next up: Motor pics!

S.
Sean,

In 2008 you wrote that you sent me the PDF but I'm not seeing that it ever got posted to YORP which I was still able to update at the time. If you still have a PDF for this kit please re-send it and I'll get it posted in the Plans forum here. Thanks!

SEL
04-21-2021, 07:43 PM
Sean,

In 2008 you wrote that you sent me the PDF but I'm not seeing that it ever got posted to YORP which I was still able to update at the time. If you still have a PDF for this kit please re-send it and I'll get it posted in the Plans forum here. Thanks!

Here’s a quasi build thread from a couple years ago. I believe the plans are included: https://oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17505&highlight=Humpty+dumpty

Joe Wooten
04-21-2021, 09:40 PM

terry dean

I had one back in the day. I think I still have the booster stage. The plans are stashed in a 3 ring binder somewhere. If I don't post anything in a couple of dayd use a gentle reminder like my wife does (1 2X4 upside the head).....

Joe Wooten
04-21-2021, 09:42 PM
I did not realize this was a necro thread..... :D

Ltvscout
04-22-2021, 07:06 AM
Here’s a quasi build thread from a couple years ago. I believe the plans are included: https://oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17505&highlight=Humpty+dumpty
I see that I do have your email from 2018 with the attachment. Since you had already included the plans in the above thread I didn't bother reposting. Thanks for clearing this up, and the plans!

tbzep
04-22-2021, 07:39 AM
Speaking of old build threads and the Humpty Dumpty, I use Bondo Spot Putty on plastic nose cones all the time. I have no problems with the solvents. If it's going to have to cover something thick, just do it in several thin applications with ample cure time between them and the shrinking/cracking issue is solved. An advantage to the Bondo is that you get an excellent surface that's ready to prime and paint. However (you knew that was coming), that was a lot of volume to fill, so the lighter HobbyLite filler was a good choice. I would have used whichever I happened to have on hand.

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-22-2021, 07:56 AM
Speaking of old build threads and the Humpty Dumpty, I use Bondo Spot Putty on plastic nose cones all the time. I have no problems with the solvents. If it's going to have to cover something thick, just do it in several thin applications with ample cure time between them and the shrinking/cracking issue is solved. An advantage to the Bondo is that you get an excellent surface that's ready to prime and paint. However (you knew that was coming), that was a lot of volume to fill, so the lighter HobbyLite filler was a good choice. I would have used whichever I happened to have on hand.
I hate it when it gets on my hand.

ghrocketman
04-22-2021, 09:36 AM
Bondo Spot Putty is one of the best fillers of dents/gouges in plastic.
Squadron green/white/grey putty is good too. Testor's white putty is acceptable, but not quite as good due to it's slower solvent package.
For filling wood, Plastic Wood or vintage/old Pactra Plastic Balsa is better.

Ez2cDave
04-22-2021, 11:36 AM
The CMR "Humpty-Dumpty" . . .

Dave F.

tbzep
04-22-2021, 02:06 PM
I hate it when it gets on my hand.
You're supposed to open the tube and sniff it, not squeeze it onto your hand and smear it on yourself like Iggy Pop and a jar of peanut butter. :D

Ez2cDave
04-22-2021, 03:17 PM
You're supposed to open the tube and sniff it, not squeeze it onto your hand and smear it on yourself like Iggy Pop and a jar of peanut butter. :D

Who else remembers the days of the "Ambroid Buzz" ?

LOL !

Dave F.

tbzep
04-23-2021, 08:18 AM
Who else remembers the days of the "Ambroid Buzz" ?

LOL !

Dave F.
If someone did it often enough, I'm sure he doesn't remember it, or much of anything else. :chuckle:

Ez2cDave
04-23-2021, 09:22 AM
If someone did it often enough, I'm sure he doesn't remember it, or much of anything else. :chuckle:

VERY true . . . Dead cells don't work !

Dave F.