PDA

View Full Version : Which hazmat label is correct?

Tweener
03-15-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm confused. I have some experience in recognizing hazmat labeling and descriptions. I have always seen the red and white striped class 4 flammable solid label on my deliveries of rocket engines, but have found information in the IATA dangerous goods regulations that seem to indicate an orange class 1 explosive label is required. Have they been reclassified? Anyone seen the orange label on a package? I wonder if this is what takes my shipments so long to get to me lately. (Carriers are generally trained and required to refuse transport of improperly labeled hazmat.)

SEL
03-24-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm confused. I have some experience in recognizing hazmat labeling and descriptions. I have always seen the red and white striped class 4 flammable solid label on my deliveries of rocket engines, but have found information in the IATA dangerous goods regulations that seem to indicate an orange class 1 explosive label is required. Have they been reclassified? Anyone seen the orange label on a package? I wonder if this is what takes my shipments so long to get to me lately. (Carriers are generally trained and required to refuse transport of improperly labeled hazmat.)

It's been a while since I've had motors shipped to me, but over the years I've seen both types of labels on the packages, though I think the classification was '1.3C' back then.

Sean