PDA

View Full Version : Roachwerks Little Joe II (New In Box)

airwolfe1
11-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Well....after looking at this rocket still in the box for the past several years. I guess I have finally come to the conclusion I will probably never find the time necessary to build this kit with the attention it deserves. I will be posting it on eBay at the end of the week. I can't remember if I ever opened this kit or not, if I did it was only to look at the meticulous craftsmanship Sandman put into this. I'm on the road right now, but when I get back home (probably Thursday) I will post the rocket kit with pics on eBay. (heavy heavy sigh) :(

PS: Somewhere in my basement I think I also have one of Sandman's LTV Scout still in the box. Keep your eyes open for this in a couple of weeks. :eek:

A great rocket kit is a terrible thing to waste!

sandman
11-16-2008, 10:26 PM
sigh...I think only 2 or 3 of those have ever been built.

Chan built one and came in 2nd in scale at NARAM 47 with it.

I hope it goes to a nice home...and gets built! ;)

airwolfe1
11-16-2008, 10:48 PM
I am so sorry Sandman.....I was so excited when you put out this kit. Ever since I gave away my Centuri Little Joe II back in 1982, I had been kicking myself and when I saw yours I was elated! Sadly, "Life Happens" and time is such a precious commodity. I haven't built a rocket in 2 years and it doesn't look promising for the near future. You make some phenomenal kits though!!

sandman
11-16-2008, 10:55 PM
I am so sorry Sandman.....I was so excited when you put out this kit. Ever since I gave away my Centuri Little Joe II back in 1982, I had been kicking myself and when I saw yours I was elated! Sadly, "Life Happens" and time is such a precious commodity. I haven't built a rocket in 2 years and it doesn't look promising for the near future. You make some phenomenal kits though!!

Oh, I'm not blaming you for anything. I know life happens. Heck, it happens to me! :eek: Several times!

Give the members here a chance at it first before it goes on GreedBay unless you really need the cash than that's OK.

Do what you have to do.

A Fish Named Wallyum
11-17-2008, 02:15 AM

Then he killed it at VOA when he got CONTEST FEVER!!!
I posted the launch pic on here somewhere in one of my old launch threads.
"Houston, we have a problem." :eek:

Peartree
11-17-2008, 05:13 AM
Then he killed it at VOA when he got CONTEST FEVER!!!
I posted the launch pic on here somewhere in one of my old launch threads.
"Houston, we have a problem." :eek:

Speaking of which, is Chan around? I'm wondering if he ever got his RC glider out of the tree after the Columbus contest?

A Fish Named Wallyum
11-17-2008, 05:55 AM
Speaking of which, is Chan around? I'm wondering if he ever got his RC glider out of the tree after the Columbus contest?

(Trying not to laugh. Thinking of roadkill. Still not laughing........ :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: Nope. Couldn't pull that one off.)

chanstevens
11-17-2008, 06:35 AM
OK, calm down children!

1) Yes, I did get the R/C glider back from the Columbus tree. Gear was intact but the glider was not worth repairing at that point.

2) The LJ-II suffered only minor damage at the regional Bill referenced, has since been repaired and flown a couple of times. In fact, it's still quite competition-worthy and might even make an appearance next spring in CSAR's regional unless I decide to go nuts and fly the Soyuz. So many NARAM leftovers, so little time to fly...

--Chan Stevens

barone
11-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Oh, I'm not blaming you for anything. I know life happens. Heck, it happens to me! :eek: Several times!

Give the members here a chance at it first before it goes on GreedBay unless you really need the cash than that's OK.

Do what you have to do.
There is actually an auction section here......

http://www.rocketshoppe.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl

But I don't remember it ever being used. Hey Scott.....why don't we use this?

Ltvscout
11-17-2008, 08:00 AM
There is actually an auction section here......

http://www.rocketshoppe.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl

But I don't remember it ever being used. Hey Scott.....why don't we use this?
It used to be used quite a bit. Shortly after I came out with this, Darrell started his own auction at ROL and my auction lost its business. It's still there though and works fine for those that want to use it.

I put up this program after I got tired of running my manually updated YORS auctions from around '98 to '01. Here's an example of what they used to look like. Some of you old timers I'm sure will remember them.

http://www.imc-ltd.com/rockets/indexauct24.htm

Ignore the "updated" date on this page. That happened when I posted it to the site, but it actually ended back in '01.

I still have just about all of the auction .htm files. Some day I'll post them so people can see what OOP kits and motors went for back in the '98-'01 timeframe.

I worked with the author of the auction program I'm running for years beta testing and such. He has a version that is near eBay like in capabilities, but he lost his steam with working on the program a couple years ago and sadly never quite got finished. It's too bad because it's like 99% complete.

gilatrout
11-17-2008, 10:18 AM

I've been Jonesing for one of these to build AND fly since I rediscovered my rocket addiction.

A Fish Named Wallyum
11-17-2008, 01:21 PM
OK, calm down children!

1) Yes, I did get the R/C glider back from the Columbus tree. Gear was intact but the glider was not worth repairing at that point.

2) The LJ-II suffered only minor damage at the regional Bill referenced, has since been repaired and flown a couple of times. In fact, it's still quite competition-worthy and might even make an appearance next spring in CSAR's regional unless I decide to go nuts and fly the Soyuz. So many NARAM leftovers, so little time to fly...

--Chan Stevens

I hit line drives like that when I could still play ball. :D Right over the head of the third baseman.
Then again, it didn't start a grass fire when it landed like some other scale birds have in the past. :o

cas2047
11-17-2008, 02:12 PM

This looks like the whole story from build to flight: http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/all/roach_little_joe.shtml

Very impressive all around.

So will there ever be a re-issue of this beauty?

sandman
11-17-2008, 02:55 PM
This looks like the whole story from build to flight: http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/all/roach_little_joe.shtml

Very impressive all around.

So will there ever be a re-issue of this beauty?

I think I will but I have to redisign the capsule and tower. Right now it consists of eight (8) hand made turnings.

I have to find an easier way to do that part!

Maybe next summer.

SEL
11-17-2008, 08:08 PM
I think I will but I have to redisign the capsule and tower. Right now it consists of eight (8) hand made turnings.

I have to find an easier way to do that part!

Maybe next summer.

No hurry, Sandman - just keep my name in the que :)

Sean