PDA

View Full Version : JMRC Sept 10-11, 2005 Launch

Eagle3
09-13-2005, 11:34 AM
We had just a fantastic launch weekend. A little warm, but the winds were kind and skies clear. I took a little over 160 photos over the weekend.
http://www.cv41.org/personal/gallery/jmrc9_10-11_05

Highlights:
Sandman attempted to launch the Tour de' Deuces for Michigan. Both cato'd in spectacular fashion. Photos are in the Sunday photo album.
There was a 21 rocket salute in tribute to 9/11 victims on Sunday at noon. The finale was Jay Calvert's "Impulse Buys" monster powered by a redline K, airstarting two I white lightnings that airstarted two H blue thunders.
There were several L1 and L2 attempts. Some successful :) , some were not :(.
I got in two flights with my Taurus clone.
Flew my Semroc Laser X
Flew the Maxi Bandit twice. The H238 kicks major butt. :D
My Lunar Patrol flew twice
I got in 3 flights with the Skydart. I wish I had timed the C6-3 flight. It hooked a thermal and I got at least two minutes.
Flew the Shuttle America once and a handful of newer kits.

EchoVictor
09-13-2005, 11:51 AM
I diggin' the pretty white bird next to your Laser-X. She a custom design?

Later,
EV

Eagle3
09-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks EV. That's a rocket I designed for THOY that didn't make it to production before Rich Rau sold THOY to Rocket R&D. I'm working on rewriting the plans for it and giving them to Craig's BARCLONE site. It's called the Tavia. I'll probably rename it.

EchoVictor
09-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Buzz,

I acutally like the name. Especially if you would put something attached to the main body tube at the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position. Then you'd have eight elements added to the main body, thus making the name work....

Later,
EV