PDA

View Full Version : Mint Unopened Estes Catalog Package 1970

mojo1986
11-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Very rare to see an UNOPENED Estes catalog package from any year. This one is from 1970 and was never mailed out (it was found in a hoard belonging to a former Estes employee). If interested in this package, please PM me with an offer. One day opportunity! Don't ask me to set a price for it............make me an offer. If I get an offer I like, it's sold. Otherwise, it will be going to auction at you-know-where on Sunday, Nov 23. See also my UNOPENED catalog package from 1968, just as rare.

Joe

Royatl
11-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Jeez, why do these things come up when I have absolutely no money to spend?

moonzero2
11-22-2008, 11:31 AM
If I had this I would just have to open it,... and inhale the air from inside the envelope! :D

dwmzmm
11-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Wow, I can remember getting that envelope (with catalog) in the mail when I lived in Louisiana. I think the envelope's artwork is what led me (us) to the Mars Lander kit announced inside (and I bought one and STILL have that same model today!!).

Ltvscout
11-22-2008, 12:31 PM
I think the 1970 catalog was Estes' finest.

dwmzmm
11-22-2008, 12:37 PM
I think the 1970 catalog was Estes' finest.

If that's the one that had the yellow Technical Pages Manual in the middle, you're very
correct!! Nothing really comes close to this one.

motley16
11-22-2008, 12:44 PM
that was from a time long past. gotta love the golden age of rockets. it can be that way again if only estes wanted it to be. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

mojo1986
11-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I agree that the 1970 catalog was a classic. One of the more common catalogs today, but definitely not common in an unopened package like this. I love the artwork on the envelope too...............especially the stark blacks and whites to represent illumination from the top left. Love the shadow underneath the descending Lander!

Joe

cas2047
11-22-2008, 02:24 PM
If I had this I would just have to open it,... and inhale the air from inside the envelope! :D

Yep me too! I wonder if there's any way to get it open without destroying the envelope...

Ltvscout
11-22-2008, 03:33 PM
I agree that the 1970 catalog was a classic. One of the more common catalogs today, but definitely not common in an unopened package like this. I love the artwork on the envelope too...............especially the stark blacks and whites to represent illumination from the top left. Love the shadow underneath the descending Lander!
I think the cover of the catalog itself is the best as well.

Doug Sams
11-22-2008, 03:59 PM
IIRC, this is the first catalog I received from Estes. I'd give my left you-know-what for one :) I think my fav is still the 69. That's the first one I ever had, given to me by a family friend. I'd give my other you-know-what for that one :D

Doug

Ltvscout
11-22-2008, 04:06 PM
IIRC, this is the first catalog I received from Estes. I'd give my left you-know-what for one :) I think my fav is still the 69. That's the first one I ever had, given to me by a family friend. I'd give my other you-know-what for that one :D
My first was a '69 Centuri catalog that my cousin gave me. I still have it.

barone
11-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Very rare to see an UNOPENED Estes catalog package from any year. This one is from 1970 and was never mailed out (it was found in a hoard belonging to a former Estes employee). If interested in this package, please PM me with an offer. One day opportunity! Don't ask me to set a price for it............make me an offer. If I get an offer I like, it's sold. Otherwise, it will be going to auction at you-know-where on Sunday, Nov 23. See also my UNOPENED catalog package from 1968, just as rare.

Joe
Hey Joe.....

Don't know if you noticed but we've been running on the auction page. Would have been a great place for this since you want someone to make an offer as opposed to out right selling it a a specific price. I've got a couple there and post here that they're being auctioned there....

http://www.rocketshoppe.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl

Ltvscout
11-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey Joe.....

Don't know if you noticed but we've been running on the auction page. Would have been a great place for this since you want someone to make an offer as opposed to out right selling it a a specific price. I've got a couple there and post here that they're being auctioned there....

http://www.rocketshoppe.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl
Yup, I want to resurrect the old auction site. Many are sick of eBay and their fees. I've got a bunch of stuff I want to unload but don't want to pay their fees.

The auction site is using an old version of the software. I'm waiting for the author to send me a convert script so I can upgrade to the newest version which you can see an example of here:

http://www.auction-script.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl

Even if I don't get the convert script I could upgrade to a newer (not newest) version than what I current;y have without needing to convert data. An example of the newer version can be seen here:

http://www.auction-script.com/cgi-bin/current/auction.pl

Both versions have a lot more features than the old one and are cleaner looking.