PDA

View Full Version : The 2008 Estes Catalog

GIJoe
11-29-2008, 03:21 AM
While looking for an article on how to make a drop down nose cone I had seen some years ago, I came across a copy of the Estes Catalog that never was. Nice cover, with a 50 Years emblem and an Ignite the Imagination in it. While looking through it though I could not find anything that would have precluded this catalog from being published, at least on line. Rocket wise there was nothing in it that isn't already on the shelves. Any reason you know of, why they wouldn't release it to the public?

Der Red Max
11-29-2008, 08:02 PM
...I came across a copy of the Estes Catalog that never was.
It'd be nice if you could share that link.:rolleyes:

barone
11-29-2008, 08:05 PM
It'd be nice if you could share that link.:rolleyes:
Been here for....gee.....I don't know how long..... ;)

http://www.estesrockets.com/assets/publications/2008estescatalog.pdf

Mark II
11-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Oh, you mean THAT 2008 Estes catalog... :rolleyes:

That's OK; until GIJoe mentioned it, I had forgotten that I actually had this one, too. :o

BTW, has anyone ever flown any of those R/C models that have the M.A.S.C. controls? What's your impression - does it work?

Mark \\.

Der Red Max
12-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Been here for....gee.....I don't know how long..... ;)
Yes, I'm fully aware of it. I was trying to make a point.
It's not the first time someone has refered to a link or website, asked for help and/or information regarding it and neglects to add the link or website to the post. Making it somewhat difficult to help in his query.:rolleyes:

Der Red Max
12-01-2008, 01:39 AM
...I came across a copy of the Estes Catalog that never was. ..Any reason you know of, why they wouldn't release it to the public?
Obviously it was and they did or you would not have come across it.:chuckle:

barone
12-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Yes, I'm fully aware of it. I was trying to make a point.
It's not the first time someone has refered to a link or website, asked for help and/or information regarding it and neglects to add the link or website to the post. Making it somewhat difficult to help in his query.:rolleyes:
Yeah...I figured that...... :D

GIJoe
12-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Obviously it was and they did or you would not have come across it.:chuckle:

I only came across the catalog while looking through the old Estes Plans on there site, they have no links assigned to them, but they are still on the website. I know a link existed on the old site and it was great to be able to quickly download a PDF file to build a rocket with.
Not sure why, but for some reason when I clicked the catalog link the 2007 catalog would always appear. I would have posted the link but I am still looking at the PDF files for the Old Rockets I might want to clone.

Mark II
12-02-2008, 12:29 AM
You found the old rocket plans again at the Estes web site? Where? I thought that they were gone.

Mark \\.

GIJoe
12-02-2008, 01:11 AM
http://www.estesrockets.com/assets/instructions/

I found it searching for plans, I noticed several of the Estes plans were in the same area and removed one of the PDF file extensions and Viola there they were in all there gory. I had gone through them when they were posted on the old site but could never find them again. It isn't a link as I am not that smart and don't know how to embed a link. Now that I know they are there I wonder why there is no links to get there directly. Happy searching!

Joe

Niteowl
12-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the link GIJoe! I had e-mailed Estes a few months ago regarding Photon Disruptor plans asking what happened to the listing. They simply sent me the PDF file with no comment.

Rocket Doctor
12-05-2008, 08:02 AM
On a recent outing to my local walMaart in York SC, I checked out the toy aisle and found the following additions to the Estes offerings.

Besides the ususal two starter sets and a few motors, I found the following items.

#4404 Micro-Tiger Helicopter $29.96

#4180 Xenox R/C airplane $19.96

#4139 Turbo Thruster R/C Jet $39.96

rices may vary at other WalMarts, but, this is what this walMart had to offer.

If there are WalMart's in your area with other items, please post what you have found.
Thanks
RD