PDA

View Full Version : Wimped out today

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-26-2005, 12:19 AM
I had hoped to get up to VOA for today's Quark section launch, but fate played a different hand on me. Since I have to work on Sunday night, I generally sleep late on Sunday. Today was no exception. I consider three hours a decent launch day, and that's what I figured to have by the time I got to the field, which is about 45 minutes away from my house. I had a ton of new stuff to fly, including my now finished Centuri Orion clone, my refurbished Red Max, a new Goblin, and an Estes Defender, but as I was loading the van it began to rain lightly. I went back inside and checked the weather radar, and sure enough, we had a big green band of precipitation coming out of the SW. I weighed the possibility of flying against the possibility of getting rained out after a 45 minute drive using $3.00 a gallon gas and started unloading the van. Couldn't do it. Funds are going to be tight enough this winter. I don't need the added guilt. Won't be making any bridge and barn photo trips any time soon either.
It did end up raining all day, but never more than lightly. Yup, I think I wimped out. Anyone else fly? :o

barone
09-26-2005, 06:28 AM
No, got my flying in on Saturday. Expected remnants of Rita for Sunday and she sure didn't disappoint. :D

Don
NAR 53455

EchoVictor
09-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Won't be making any bridge and barn photo trips any time soon either.

You a covered bridge afficionado?

Later,
EV