PDA

View Full Version : Today's Politics

Rocket Doctor
02-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Here is a thread to discuss Today's Politics rather in any other thread. So, go ahead, let's talk politics here.

MKP
02-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Sounds like a trap to me. :p

cas2047
02-05-2009, 03:49 PM

LOL - It does doesn't it. They're just gonna wait until everyone who wants to talk politics gets in here and then "flush"!

I'm getting out of here!

Bob Kaplow
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Here is a thread to discuss Today's Politics rather in any other thread. So, go ahead, let's talk politics here.

How about last weeks politics. Gov Quinn has much more integrity than his predecessor the criminal / talk show celebrity. Besides, his name is easier to spell than Blagowhatzits.

Indiana
02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
How about last weeks politics. Gov Quinn has much more integrity than his predecessor the criminal / talk show celebrity. Besides, his name is easier to spell than Blagowhatzits.

The best one I've heard is "Blowdryovich"

Rocket Doctor
02-05-2009, 06:07 PM

No trap????

Just getting the political topics into one thread, rather into others, such as the Estes future thread, that's all?????

Tau Zero
02-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Here is a thread to discuss Today's Politics rather in any other thread. So, go ahead, let's talk politics here.Sounds like a trap to me. :pHere's one I've been telling people lately.

"Politics isn't the answer. Unless, of course, the question is, 'What's indistinguishable from a junior high popularity contest?'"

*So* glad that the election is finally over,

Bob Kaplow
02-05-2009, 06:19 PM
The best one I've heard is "Blowdryovich"

It was a pleasure yesterday, taking my first trip down the tollway in recent weeks, and seeing the signs that had his name all plastered over them covered up. NO politician should be allowed to put their name on ANYTHING that is paid for with taxpayer money.

But the sign I'm waiting to see with his name on it will have his final title under the name: Inmate. I'm sure that a guy that looks like he does will be VERY well taken care of in our over crowded prison system.

Royatl
02-05-2009, 10:59 PM

spell??? who cares about spelling!?

I love it when the Daily Show plays their montage of all the talking news heads trying to say it!

Bob Kaplow
02-05-2009, 11:10 PM
spell??? who cares about spelling!?

I love it when the Daily Show plays their montage of all the talking news heads trying to say it!

Here in the Chicago area, all we get is the Daley show.

Coo-Coo

Coo-Coo

Coo-Coo

:chuckle:

o1d_dude
02-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Your "location" cracks me up, Bob.

I usually mention it to my wife who's from Illinois. We used to live on the Southside year ago.

Bob Kaplow
02-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Your "location" cracks me up, Bob.

I usually mention it to my wife who's from Illinois. We used to live on the Southside year ago.

I can't say that one is original by me. But I did hear that our prison system only has one executive suite.

Rocketflyer
02-06-2009, 07:28 AM
It was a pleasure yesterday, taking my first trip down the tollway in recent weeks, and seeing the signs that had his name all plastered over them covered up. NO politician should be allowed to put their name on ANYTHING that is paid for with taxpayer money.

But the sign I'm waiting to see with his name on it will have his final title under the name: Inmate. I'm sure that a guy that looks like he does will be VERY well taken care of in our over crowded prison system.

I don't think he will see a day in jail, and if he does, it will be at a federal "country club." :rolleyes:

Peartree
02-06-2009, 08:42 AM
There are too many other politicians with too much to lose if he actually goes to jail. It would set a really bad precedent for the hundreds of others who've done exactly the same thing. he was just stupid enough to do it when he knew the FBI was already investigating him. Why do you think the plug was pulled on the investigation BEFORE he actually sold the senate seat? That would seem to have been the natural thing to do. You don't just bust a hooker for intent to sell or a drug dealer with intent to sell if you can get both the seller AND the buyer.

Bob Kaplow
02-06-2009, 11:17 AM
There are too many other politicians with too much to lose if he actually goes to jail. It would set a really bad precedent for the hundreds of others who've done exactly the same thing. he was just stupid enough to do it when he knew the FBI was already investigating him. Why do you think the plug was pulled on the investigation BEFORE he actually sold the senate seat? That would seem to have been the natural thing to do. You don't just bust a hooker for intent to sell or a drug dealer with intent to sell if you can get both the seller AND the buyer.

Which is exactly why he needs to be placed in the cell next to his predecessor. Politicians in Illinois and around the country need to get a clear message that "corruption as usual" will no longer be tolerated.

They busted him when they did because the country couldn't have a senator who bought his job. By appointing someone despite the ongoing investigation, we now have a lame duck senator with no respect in DC who will not be able to accomplish anything for the state. It's as if the seat remains vacant for the next 2 years.

Illinois has a surplus of politicians with similar last names. In the case of Fitzgerald, the former senator that appointed the federal prosecutor are NOT related, but this guy is cleaning up Illinois politics on both sides of the aisle, sending both (R) and (D) off to (JAIL). And he's got no shortage of work in front of him. Crook county alone is a lifetime task for his cleanup crew.

ghrocketman
02-06-2009, 11:33 AM
The story about the Illinois governor has had me laughing for weeks.
The only thing about him, Sen. Ted Stephens, and Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham versus virtually ALL the other politicians is that they were stupid enough to get caught.
Corruption in politics is as hand-in-hand as SAND on a BEACH !
Quite frankly, I have came to the realization that it should be considered quite NORMAL, just like political kickbacks. PERKS of the JOBB !
Right, or wrong it is REALITY !

I think the press often makes far too big a deal out of many issues that are common knowledge by the majority of society unless you live under a rock. Sorta like the idiotic alarmist stories about "College Binge Drinking" that surface to a huge hullaballoo every 2 years or so....restating the NORMAL is NOT news.

An example of this kind of garbage is the overblown story about Michael Phelps. Legal or not, on his time not competing he should be able to do as he pleases with ZERO impact on his career. Unless he lights up DURING a freaking race, it's NOBODY's bizzness other than HIS OWN and no, I could not care less if he violated some mamby-pamby draconian regulation.

MKP
02-06-2009, 11:50 AM
I have admit, that would be interesting commercial.

"Frosted Flakes are, like, great for the munchies, dude. Like, dude!"

Bob Kaplow
02-06-2009, 03:07 PM
The story about the Illinois governor has had me laughing for weeks.
The only thing about him, Sen. Ted Stephens, and Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham versus virtually ALL the other politicians is that they were stupid enough to get caught.
Corruption in politics is as hand-in-hand as SAND on a BEACH ! Quite frankly, I have came to the realization that it should be considered quite NORMAL, just like political kickbacks. PERKS of the JOBB ! Right, or wrong it is REALITY !

Well there is one minor difference between the 2 Illinois governors and many other recent political scandals. You can explain these two to your kids without having to answer other questions.

An example of this kind of garbage is the overblown story about Michael Phelps.

Well, there are several differences between this story and the political scandals. Phelps (or Bonds or any other sports star in the news for such actions) is NOT an elected official being paid with public funds, and is not stealing public money or using public office for personal gain.

InFlight
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Well, there are several differences between this story and the political scandals. Phelps (or Bonds or any other sports star in the news for such actions) is NOT an elected official being paid with public funds, and is not stealing public money or using public office for personal gain.

Stealing public money :chuckle:, it's not OUR money as the government can create billions of dollars out of thin air. I wonder how many IOU's are in the SS fund?

As for Phelps, the media builds them up into a god and then waits for them to make a mistake. Then burns them at the stake to seal the deal. Role models are the thing of the past. As soon as someone looks like a good role model the media destroys them. The media is becoming so predictable. lol

You know up until about 300 - 400 years ago they actually executed people for stuff like this as they didn't do lawsuits. You had to fight for your life. :eek:

And if the people acting as the media screwed up they got executed too! :chuckle:

Rocket Doctor
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't think he will see a day in jail, and if he does, it will be at a federal "country club." :rolleyes:

And he can make some of those personalized license plates too boot.........."ME A CROOK"

Peartree
02-06-2009, 07:21 PM
They busted him when they did because the country couldn't have a senator who bought his job. By appointing someone despite the ongoing investigation, we now have a lame duck senator with no respect in DC who will not be able to accomplish anything for the state. It's as if the seat remains vacant for the next 2 years.

Precisely why they SHOULD have waited. You know *somebody* would have bought the seat. Right now, that somebody is probably still holding office in your fine state. After the financial transaction was completed both could have been arrested, not for "intent to sell" but for doing the actual deed. Then you would have been rid of both (and perhaps a few facilitators as well). Even if by some strange circumstance he/she had been sworn in already, they would lose their seat when the felony conviction hit (we have a congressman from Youngstown doing time). Then at least you might have had a chance at a special election or an appointment by the new governor.

By pulling the trigger early, it just made the feds look like they *knew* who was going to buy the seat and went early to protect them.

Bob Kaplow
02-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Precisely why they SHOULD have waited. You know *somebody* would have bought the seat. Right now, that somebody is probably still holding office in your fine state. After the financial transaction was completed both could have been arrested, not for "intent to sell" but for doing the actual deed. Then you would have been rid of both (and perhaps a few facilitators as well). Even if by some strange circumstance he/she had been sworn in already, they would lose their seat when the felony conviction hit (we have a congressman from Youngstown doing time). Then at least you might have had a chance at a special election or an appointment by the new governor.

By pulling the trigger early, it just made the feds look like they *knew* who was going to buy the seat and went early to protect them.

I'm sure that even our fine? upstanding? Illinois politicians are NOT <bleeping> stupid enough to have such a <bleeping> discussion with Blago when they know he's under <bleeping> investigation and all his <bleeping> conversations are being recorded by the <bleeping> FBI.

The simple solution to end political corruption, in Chicago, Illinois, New York, California, or DC, is to just round up all the incumbents and haul them all off to jail.

Rocketflyer
02-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm sure that even our fine? upstanding? Illinois politicians are NOT <bleeping> stupid enough to have such a <bleeping> discussion with Blago when they know he's under <bleeping> investigation and all his <bleeping> conversations are being recorded by the <bleeping> FBI.

The simple solution to end political corruption, in Chicago, Illinois, New York, California, or DC, is to just round up all the incumbents and haul them all off to jail.

Ummm, Bob you forgot the mob-boys, er, politicians in NJ. :chuckle:

cas2047
02-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Ummm, Bob you forgot the mob-boys, er, politicians in NJ. :chuckle:

Didn't they used to sell Buddy Cianci Pasta Sauce in NJ?

GIJoe
02-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Politics is always going to be business as usual. Even Yo'Mamma is having trouble finding someone who has paid taxes in the last ten years to select for a government post. The one good thing about the President is he is limited to two elected terms of office or ten years in office. How is a guy who couldn't pay his taxes the only guy to run the IRS. Maybe Yo'Mamma can Pardon the Gov and put him in charge of something, at least he knows the value of a Senate seat, maybe we could create a new Government Entity overseeing the Federal Handout of Money Committee. He would be totally responsible for ensuring Federal Handouts of my Hard Earned money wouldn't be carelessly wasted on Trips to Vegas or Ballpark Names.

Recent Federal Bailouts:
There are roughly 250,000,000 people in the country, does anybody know the number of those who pay taxes. Instead of giving all that money to big business, maybe they could have sent some of that money back to me. I wouldn't mind another trip to Vegas.

Joe

Bob Kaplow
02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Recent Federal Bailouts...

The war in Iraq has cost every man, woman, and child in the USA about $5,000 so far. And it continues to climb every day we continue to stay. Or if you want to look at it from the other direction, we could have handed every Iraqi $35000 to buy their friendship.

The bailout of the banks, wall street, car companies, et all add another $10,000 per person to our debt.

And that's on top of what we already owed. Our country is already bankrupt.

And when my generation retires in the next decade, you young folks are going to have to pay every penny of your income to the government in taxes to pay off that debt and keep social security afloat so I can enjoy my retirement. You won't have anything left to live on.

o1d_dude
02-09-2009, 10:29 PM
When our troops pulled Hussein out of his hole in the ground, the US should have turned him over to the new government or the closest facsimile and left the sandbox behind.

The square dance in Iraq set the effort in Afghanistan back years and OBL is still a free man. History has repeatedly shown that trying to fight two wars (limited or otherwise) at once is rarely a successful endeavor.

jetlag
02-10-2009, 08:27 AM
The war in Iraq has cost every man, woman, and child in the USA about $5,000 so far. And it continues to climb every day we continue to stay. Or if you want to look at it from the other direction, we could have handed every Iraqi $35000 to buy their friendship.

The bailout of the banks, wall street, car companies, et all add another $10,000 per person to our debt.

And that's on top of what we already owed. Our country is already bankrupt.

And when my generation retires in the next decade, you young folks are going to have to pay every penny of your income to the government in taxes to pay off that debt and keep social security afloat so I can enjoy my retirement. You won't have anything left to live on.

Hate to tell you, but the current "stimulus" package proposed by the most merciful hussein will make the Iraq war look like a birthday party in terms of expense to us taxpayers ( and my childrens' taxes and their childrens', etc.). Think corporations were leaving the country before...just wait!
Time magazine thinks we are being socialized. What fun! :mad:
But we have to do it 'RIGHT NOW'. Obama is an absolute idiot, along with Harry and Nancy!
My not-so-humble opinion...
Allen

GIJoe
02-10-2009, 12:23 PM
"W" is no more responsible for Iraq than FDR was for WWII, at least FDR was in office during the beginning of WWII.

Joseph Heller nailed it with "Catch 22", when Yossarian tried to get out of Combat missions by saying he was crazy. The doctor told him that flying Combat missions was a dangerous and any sane person would try to get out of them. So by his very actions he was sane.

Most people support or don't support a war solely based on politics and nothing else. Republicans hated Kosovo and Democrats hate Iraq, it is purely political and nothing more than that.

So call it Bush's war if you want, but the truth is we went to war in 1990 and we aren't finished yet. The message is the same, the messenger has changed. Clinton just got better press than Bush and that is the bottom line. Yo' Mamma, "the Annointed One" will also get good press, like any good politician he just blamed it on the previous party and moves on. It will work for awhile but at some point he will have to answer some tough questions. But I suspect will be treated with the same Kid Gloves that Bill Clinton enjoyed.

Clinton, Dec. 19, 1998: "Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. ... Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors. ... Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons."

Clinton: "The decision to use force is never cost-free. Whenever American forces are placed in harm's way, we risk the loss of life. And while our strikes are focused on Iraq's military capabilities, there will be unintended Iraqi casualties. ... Heavy as they are, the costs of action must be weighed against the price of inaction. If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond, we will face a far greater threat in the future. Saddam will strike again at his neighbors. He will make war on his own people. ... But once more, the United States has proven that although we are never eager to use force, when we must act in America's vital interests, we will do so." I think Bill should get some credit here for predicting the future. Maybe the center pullout of the National Enquirer, exposing his next predictions. He will have to wait for Billary to end her reign as Sec of State though.

Personally, I like to think of myself as a liberator in Iraq, but you are also entitled to your opinion. I have been at war since 1990, and have spent the better part of my adult life in one country or another in the middle east and I was certainly tired of it when I decided I had enough.

Remember Vietnam, shortly after we left the whole place went to hell and communism took over. If we set a departure date then it becomes a waiting game. Currently we have troops in Japan, Germany and Italy, yet that War ended in 1945 (I am not even sure they teach WWII in school anymore). Why is it okay to occupy one country and not another (although technically we are invited guests, not an occupying force in any of those countries)?

War should be unpopular as opposed to making fun out of Presidents, which should be popular; after all, most of will never even go on a White House tour, let alone spend a night there.

Joe

GIJoe
02-10-2009, 01:01 PM

Why can't we just vote them out of office and supplant them with the cast of Saturday Night Live and the WWF (WWE). For some reason people just keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. There was a push several years ago for term limits in Congress and I think that would be a great deal. In the event that term limits aren't set, the voters should say, "Enough is enough!" and then just vote them out. Even Al Frankenstein would be a better choice then Clinton, Kennedy or that really old guy from West Virginia. You can't tell me that in the last half century nobody else was more qualified. Don Knotts was from West Virginia, although he won't be running for congress anymore he could have certainly spent a few years in congress. Maybe before or just after three's company.

Bob Kaplow
02-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Hate to tell you, but the current "stimulus" package proposed by the most merciful hussein will make the Iraq war look like a birthday party in terms of expense to us taxpayers ( and my childrens' taxes and their childrens', etc.). Think corporations were leaving the country before...just wait!
Time magazine thinks we are being socialized. What fun! :mad:
But we have to do it 'RIGHT NOW'. Obama is an absolute idiot, along with Harry and Nancy!
My not-so-humble opinion...
Allen

I don't know what the right fix for our economic melt down is. I don't know if the stimulus is twice what is needed, or half what is needed.

But I DO know that Obama is correct about one thing: if we don't act now, the problem will get worse, and the solution will get more expensive. Doing nothing is NOT an option.

I'd love to hear your way out of this 'fine mess we've gotten ourselves into"...

Indiana
02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm quite sure you are aware Bob, but doing the WRONG thing now, could make it worse.

Bob Kaplow
02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm quite sure you are aware Bob, but doing the WRONG thing now, could make it worse.

Yup. So I'd love for someone to tell me what the right thing is...

Shreadvector
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM

The CORRECT thing to do is to send all your money to Quest during the 40% off sale this weekend and then burn up the motors ASAP in a fenzy of launching.

(Or is that the big cookie and diet Mt Dew talking?)

cas2047
02-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I don't know what the right fix for our economic melt down is. I don't know if the stimulus is twice what is needed, or half what is needed.

But I DO know that Obama is correct about one thing: if we don't act now, the problem will get worse, and the solution will get more expensive. Doing nothing is NOT an option.

I'd love to hear your way out of this 'fine mess we've gotten ourselves into"...

It seems to me that we've exported all of our blue collar jobs and are now doing the same with many white collar jobs. We can't purchase anything if we don't have jobs. We need to turn that around over time. Moving our jobs overseas only serves to line the pockets of corporate fat cats and investors. I don't see any other benefits to the country.

Also the big box stores have descimated our mom and pop shops. Basically they sell us junk at low prices, but none of it is made here, so in the end we get very little out of it besides cheap junk. We need to say no, at least in part to big box stores and foreign made junk, and we need to get people here making things again. That's job creation, and should stimulate our economy.

I'm no expert on International Trade, but I've heard that some of the agreements we've made don't benefit us a whole lot. We should re-examing those as well.

I know none of this is short term, and it's clearly only a small piece of the pie, but if nobody here has a job because they've all been moved overseas who will be able to buy anything. We will become a country with a very small class of super rich people, and the rest will be working poor to poor out of work people. It will be like Brazil.

Just my 2 cents.

Bob Kaplow
02-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I know none of this is short term, and it's clearly only a small piece of the pie, but if nobody here has a job because they've all been moved overseas who will be able to buy anything. We will become a country with a very small class of super rich people, and the rest will be working poor to poor out of work people. It will be like Brazil.

"Just exactly how many is a Brazilian"?

cas2047
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
"Just exactly how many is a Brazilian"?

LOL! I'm no good with Math. ;)

Indiana
02-10-2009, 08:14 PM

All of this "let's do something right now!" crap scares me. Good decisions are hardly ever made in a panic. I also don't see how increasing the size and power of federal government is going to help, or spending money we don't have.

What's wrong with massive tax cuts? TODAY. That would get money flowing.

Strict enforcement corporate law to restore trust in the markets. Reciprocity in trade laws. Cutting the tax on bringing money back into the US.

Stopping the insane drug war. About half the 3 MILLION American citizens in prison are there for drug use. Last I checked, it cost about $25,000 a year to house a prisoner. That's $37.5 billion. Not to mention the cost of outfitting every town the size of Mayberry with a fully equipped SWAT team complete with an A.P.C.

Not one person (that I've heard) from either party has suggested cutting the size of the federal government. Do we really need massive, unelected bureaucracies like the BATFE?

Tighten the borders. Why would anyone pay an American to do the crappy jobs, when they can get desperate people from hideously poor countries to do the work for next to nothing?

Speaking of open borders, do we really need a $37 billion dollar budget for homeland security? We have a border that is so open that about 500 million illegal aliens get across every year. Yet somehow, with of all the terrorists out there that would rather kill an American than breathe, we have not suffered so much as a paper cut since 2001.

Maybe we could start a reasonable tax system and run it for a little less than the current $11 billion dollars.

GIJoe
02-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Maybe we could start a reasonable tax system and run it for a little less than the current $11 billion dollars.

The current Tax Guy didn't even pay his taxes, so why trust that idiot to reshape the tax plan.

Joe

jetlag
02-11-2009, 03:36 AM

Cut corporate tax rate 50%; Slash Capital Gains; give the taxpayer a big tax cut. Let us keep our money and do with it what we know best (the government certainly does not know anything except how to massively overspend ours). Sit back and let our free market do its thing.
This is the way to go.
You do know the Senate slipped in the Health Care plan into the 'stimulous package.'
It alone could break this country!!!
Allen

Nuke Rocketeer
02-11-2009, 08:55 AM

It definitely is not the massive porkulus package that obmessiah and the congresscritters are getting ready to force upon us. Very little of that pile of crap will actually stimulate the economy. Most of it is designed to buy votes for democrat congressmen.

Better no stimulus than this pile of stinking crap. It can be argued that Hoover's response and FDR's subsequent expansion of Hoover's massive intervention contributed to the length of the depression that followed the crash of 1929.

GIJoe
02-11-2009, 10:27 AM
If "Con" is the opposite of "Pro" then it speaks volume about CONgress.

I am with Fred, I am going to Launch some Rockets Today.

Rocketflyer
02-11-2009, 02:10 PM
It definitely is not the massive porkulus package that obmessiah and the congresscritters are getting ready to force upon us. Very little of that pile of crap will actually stimulate the economy. Most of it is designed to buy votes for democrat congressmen.

Better no stimulus than this pile of stinking crap. It can be argued that Hoover's response and FDR's subsequent expansion of Hoover's massive intervention contributed to the length of the depression that followed the crash of 1929.

Ummm, with the gov't giving this money to the biggie banks, etc, and having a hand in them as well, you have instant Socialization of same banks and companies. In effect, if they bailout the housing market, the gov't will set the prices. They should help the smaller businesses, the steel industry, and manufacturing instead of the service ones. Yep, "CHANGE is coming to America," and Billary, et al ,are tickeled pink about it. Freaking social engineers :mad:

As an aside, what's wrong with nuclear power?

Nuke Rocketeer
02-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Ummm, with the gov't giving this money to the biggie banks, etc, and having a hand in them as well, you have instant Socialization of same banks and companies. In effect, if they bailout the housing market, the gov't will set the prices. They should help the smaller businesses, the steel industry, and manufacturing instead of the service ones. Yep, "CHANGE is coming to America," and Billary, et al ,are tickeled pink about it. Freaking social engineers :mad:

As an aside, what's wrong with nuclear power?

Political crap, as usual.

Also, with the ~25 year hiatus in construction, we are very short on qualified craft workers and engineers.

BTW....the political crap will get really deep whenever the politicos find out just how little of the new plants will actually be manufactured in the US. The turbines, reactor vessel, big pumps and motors will all be of foreign manufacture. There are only two facilities left in the world that can forge reactor vessels - one in japan, and one in Russia.

Rocket Doctor
02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
The banking biggies are going before Congress today...........First up is the president of Bank of America.

Anyone interested in a corporate jet cheap???????????

Peartree
02-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Did you notice that the press has said very little about the Congressional Budget Office's report about the "stimulus" bill? The Congress' own research and accounting people have said that all this spending will have little or no stimulus beyond 2010 and will be and drag to the economy for a decade after that.

Just proves the old adage that any problem that Congress tries to "fix" will only be made worse...

GIJoe
02-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Well I gave up on the Despondent thinking about Congress and all the woes of life and spent the better part of the Morning and Afternoon Launching 26 Rockets. Got in 29 flights every motor from 1/4A to E9 Cluster. The field was covered in hard snow and made for easy recovery. Black Powder always smells good on the first launch of the season. No wind made for landings close to the pad.

Overall I would have to say that Congress, Yo' Mamma or the rest of ilks, haven't put a damper on flying yet!

Joe