PDA

View Full Version : My Bad!

mojo1986
02-13-2009, 04:36 PM
I just received an opened Estes 1978 Gemini -Titan kit that I purchased on Ebay and it came without the decal sheet. I went back and checked the listing, and sure enough, the seller clearly stated 'missing the decal sheet', a fact which I overlooked.

Anybody have one they could sell? Does Excelsior carry this one? Hopefully someone out there can help me with my screw up as I would really like to build this one.

Joe

flygrimm
02-14-2009, 09:31 AM
If it's a K-21 kit then Excelsior has them for $9 here http://www.excelsiorrocketry.com/ . Just click on Classic Waterslide decals and then click on Estes, then scroll down to Gemini. Tango Papa has Gemini Titan 1/54 scale decals for $15 here http://www.tangopapadecals.com/new_page_2.htm . I'm not sure who's kit that one was for.

Good luck. I always liked the Gemini's>

Stuart

dwmzmm
02-14-2009, 09:53 AM
I used the decals from Tango Papa for my PDRocketry Gemini Titan. Tangos set includes the
"United States" w/flag that goes on the Gemini capsule. Be careful when applying those roll
patterns, or you're gonna get really frustrated. Cut them in smaller segments instead of trying to apply the entire roll at one time. Check out my EMRR product review of the PDRocketry's GT - 3 for more info. Good luck!

flygrimm
02-14-2009, 11:22 AM
After further research it appears that the Estes K-21 is 1/54 scale (from the Semroc website) so either set of decals should work.

Stuart

mojo1986
02-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Guys, thanks for the help. But the 1978 kit is smaller than the K-21 and has a plastic nose cone. So the decals you directed me to are the wrong scale. Back to square one.............I need to find someone who has the decal laying around and is willing to sell, or someone who has a scan of one and can print it out on a laser printer.

Joe

dwmzmm
02-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Guys, thanks for the help. But the 1978 kit is smaller than the K-21 and has a plastic nose cone. So the decals you directed me to are the wrong scale. Back to square one.............I need to find someone who has the decal laying around and is willing to sell, or someone who has a scan of one and can print it out on a laser printer.

Joe

Oh, so you got the one with single engine power. I know nothing about that kit. An e-mail
to Tango Papa should still help, I think Tom can make special decals to fit the scale of your
GT. May cost a bit, but it's better than having no markings at all.

jay
02-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Joe, check out Ye Old Rocket Plans, scans of the Estes #1978 Gemini Titan plans and decals are there.