PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes it pays to READ the directions......

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-30-2005, 07:19 PM
While this won't turn out to be as fatal a screw up as last winter's Taurus upscale fiasco, it's still going to cost me a few tubes. I spent yesterday afternoon sanding the tubes for the Torellian Invader, then started carefully gluing the tubes on before work last night. There are six tubes that surround the main body tube on this rocket, and I ASSumed that they would be glued on side by side. :eek:
Uh, wrong.
At first I just thought that I had miscounted and went down to the basement to find another piece of BT-20. When I got back with it, I realized that it didn't fit tightly in the space. I checked the alignment on the other tubes, THEN consulted the directions. :mad: :o
The bright side to this is that I've been working on projects for the EMRR Challenge, but I was stumped by the idea of designing and building a scratch project that incorporated several tips from the EMRR tips page. Well, it looks like that isn't a problem anymore, because I've got one halfway done. This will be my contribution to the Deep Space Fantasy kits, but don't expect an even limited run of them. I don't even have a name for it yet, not to mention a final design. I took pictures while I was working last night, so once I get them downloaded, I'll post them. In the meantime, I'll sort through my liste of suitable violent potential kit names and see if anything strikes a chord.

Doug Sams
09-30-2005, 08:16 PM
In the meantime, I'll sort through my liste of suitable violent potential kit names and see if anything strikes a chord.Well, it's not violent, but in light of your story, it seems entirely appropriate, so I nominate "Fupped Duck" :)

Doug

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-30-2005, 08:56 PM
Well, it's not violent, but in light of your story, it seems entirely appropriate, so I nominate "Fupped Duck" :)

Doug

:D
I was thinking "Smooth Movement". :eek:

Ltvscout
09-30-2005, 09:11 PM
:D
I was thinking "Smooth Movement". :eek:
How about, RTFM? :D

CPMcGraw
09-30-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't even have a name for it yet...

How about "Meant Condition."??? :D

Arley Davis
10-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Everyone makes mistakes once in a will, It’s only stupid if you make the same mistake twice in one lifetime, as for me it was stupid to get married the second time, put it is for cretin there will not be a third. Ha! Ha! Ha!

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-02-2005, 11:32 PM
I didn't get to do any more work on this project over the weekend, but I did put some ideas to paper. Since it's already laden with tubes, I figured the best course of action was to add more tubes. Some joker already took the name "Tuber" ;) , so once again I'm on a search for a name. "In Your Tubes And Out Your Boobs" was something my son and his friends used to say in junior high. I considered it, but the decal seemed like it might get me into trouble. Besides, I'm not 100% sure what it means. :eek: I meant to bring what I have finished to work tonight to make some measurements, but I forgot it, so I guess I'll have something to keep me busy tomorrow while my daughter is at cross country. No promises, but if I get a few hours to myself between now and Tuesday night, I might have the basic design ready to photograph. It looks cool in my head, and all it's gonna cost me is a little balsa and some more tubes, both of which I'm well stocked with. ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-04-2005, 02:57 AM
If nothing else, this one will be unique, and quite possibly ugly. I got the fins designed, cut out, and mounted this afternoon and thought of a name while I was taking a leak at work tonight. :eek: Not sure why the name "WARLORD" popped into my head at that moment, but I went directly back to my desk and wrote it down before I forgot it. (Yes, I washed my hands first. :rolleyes: ) I still have to look through my BT-50 nose cone stash for a suitable cone. I've got a couple of the Manta Bomber type cones, and I'll give one a try, but I think it's going to make it too busy. One way or another I'll have pics tonight. :cool:

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Believe it or not, this still gets nine more tubes before it's finished. I'm also thinking about adding launch lugs and dowels for guns, and possibly changing the name to the Warlord Gunship.
No. I think I'll just stick with Warlord.
The nosecone is one that came with one of the few Ebay rocket that I bought and couldn't repair. It was an Estes SkyHi. Pretty much a basket case. Tubes were crushed in multiple spots, fins were missing, and the decal had been badly applied and had started to flake off. I started working on it, but gave up due to lack of progress and interest. It was the only rocket out of that purchase that never flew, so my success rate is still pretty high. (The jury is still out on the Centuri SSV Scorpion that I bought last year. I think I'll shoot for one launch for that one, then retire it and scoop out any usable parts for a rebuild.)

Green Dragon
10-04-2005, 09:12 PM
hmm - curious about leaving the rocket on the stovetop like that - does the heat help the glue dry faster or what ?

~ AL

Doug Sams
10-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Believe it or not, this still gets nine more tubes before it's finished. I'm also thinking about adding launch lugs and dowels for guns, and possibly changing the name to the Warlord Gunship.Bill, Nice recovery. I'm thinking you could use a couple of the tubes for outboard motors. Put nosecones in those two.
Doug

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-04-2005, 09:54 PM
hmm - curious about leaving the rocket on the stovetop like that - does the heat help the glue dry faster or what ?

~ AL

No. It was the cleanest place in the kitchen at the time.
That stove couldn't make toast. :mad:

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Bill, Nice recovery. I'm thinking you could use a couple of the tubes for outboard motors. Put nosecones in those two.
Doug

I thought about something along these lines. Not sure if it's big enough to pull off a cluster. (Although it should be draggy enough.)

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-06-2005, 08:42 PM
I can't decide which way this rocket looks best. Which of the two views below do you think works? Why? I still have a couple of "cannons" to put in place, (some orphaned 10.5mm Apogee tubing,) and a cockpit, so that will also enter into the decision. Anyone see a definite winner here?

EchoVictor
10-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Holy extra parts, Batman! :eek: Think you used enough tubes?

My vote goes for the first one. The second looks too top-heavy.

Later,
EV

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Holy extra parts, Batman! :eek: Think you used enough tubes?

My vote goes for the first one. The second looks too top-heavy.

Later,
EV

:o
I had a bunch (a BUNCH,) of the BT-20J's laying around, so I figured it was a chance to use up a few. :rolleyes: I don't think it's something that I'd have built without having something to salvage, but it's turned out better than I'd hoped.
BTW, I agree with the top-heavy statement. I'd have to name it Anna Nicole if I left it that way.

CPMcGraw
10-06-2005, 10:21 PM
I can't decide which way this rocket looks best. Which of the two views below do you think works? Why? I still have a couple of "cannons" to put in place, (some orphaned 10.5mm Apogee tubing,) and a cockpit, so that will also enter into the decision. Anyone see a definite winner here?

I think "V" down looks better, Bill.

Here's a thought -- Take those 10.5 mm Apogee tubes, and cut them about 3/16" thick, then round out one side to match the contour of the main tube. Think Centuri SSV here...

Use them to accentuate the body tube for things like docking hatches, or other sensor platforms, and detail them with strips of either styrene plastic or cardstock...

For those cannons, use SEMROC's long launch lugs with fiddly bits of paper, cardstock, or styrene strips. I think the diameters of the lugs are more proportioned for use as cannons; use the larger 3/16" or 1/4" diameter lugs for shields and shrouds around the cannon barrels...

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-06-2005, 10:36 PM

Here's a thought -- Take those 10.5 mm Apogee tubes, and cut them about 3/16" thick, then round out one side to match the contour of the main tube. Think Centuri SSV here...

Use them to accentuate the body tube for things like docking hatches, or other sensor platforms, and detail them with strips of either styrene plastic or cardstock...

For those cannons, use SEMROC's long launch lugs with fiddly bits of paper, cardstock, or styrene strips. I think the diameters of the lugs are more proportioned for use as cannons; use the larger 3/16" or 1/4" diameter lugs for shields and shrouds around the cannon barrels...

I was kind of thinking of using the Apogee tubes, two launch lugs and a dowel for the cannons. This is a Warlord. It has to have BIG guns. ;)
I'm having trouble visualizing what you suggested for the 10.5mm tubes. :confused: Pretend you're explaining it to a seven year old with the attention span of a fly. Do you mean the SSV Scorpion?

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-06-2005, 10:45 PM
I just checked out the SSV Scorpion review on EMRR. http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/oop/centuri_ssv_scorpion.html
Do you mean to slice it in half lengthwise, then glue it on the main tube like a piece of body molding?

CPMcGraw
10-06-2005, 11:03 PM
I just checked out the SSV Scorpion review on EMRR. http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/oop/centuri_ssv_scorpion.html
Do you mean to slice it in half lengthwise, then glue it on the main tube like a piece of body molding?

No, not like the cheeks on the EIRP Starship Excalibur...

Imagine a centering ring, about 3/16" thick, with one "face" rounded to fit up against the curvature of the main tube. I'm thinking about the little satellites from the SSV...

Bad example, now that I look more closely at the instruction scans, but imagine if those satellites were thicker, just hollowed out...

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-06-2005, 11:13 PM
No, not like the cheeks on the EIRP Starship Excalibur...

Imagine a centering ring, about 3/16" thick, with one "face" rounded to fit up against the curvature of the main tube. I'm thinking about the little satellites from the SSV...

Bad example, now that I look more closely at the instruction scans, but imagine if those satellites were thicker, just hollowed out...

Gotcha.
Uh, no. Too zit-like. :eek:
I've still got some styrene from the Rokitflite Odyssey build. I might try some detail work with that, but I don't know. I have a tendency to overdo things. ;) (Like BT-20J's. :rolleyes: )

CPMcGraw
10-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Gotcha.
Uh, no. Too zit-like. :eek:
I've still got some styrene from the Rokitflite Odyssey build. I might try some detail work with that, but I don't know. I have a tendency to overdo things. ;) (Like BT-20J's. :rolleyes: )

Warlords don't have zits or pock-marked faces, huh? :D

Hmmnnn...

In the words of Benny Hill (as Idi Amin...) "I gots to sit and constipate on dis awhile..."

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Warlords don't have zits or pock-marked faces, huh? :D

I don't know any actual Warlords. Guess I'm lucky that way. :rolleyes:

Green Dragon
10-07-2005, 09:26 PM

I agree - pic "2"

more "Star Trek-ey" with the pods on top, as opposed to, maybe Estes Starspeeder-ey the other way ?

will be neat when done ... I need to be more imaginative like that, have a partly built project I got from a fellow rocketeer in a box of 'junk' he unloaded on me ( for a fee, lol ) .

it's 2.6" (real tight fit heavywall BT80), with a 29mm and (8) 18mm around that - the 18mm will not fit into the tube, so they stick out the back about 4", first thought I had when I got it in the boxlot was 'Dragonship 7 / Starship Excaliber', but that's as far as it got :-(

will have to watch for ideas to steal :-) , and more on barclone,etc, too /

~ AL

sitting here bummed since the launch tommorrow is all rained out ......

Doug Sams
10-08-2005, 08:38 AM
I can't decide which way this rocket looks best. Which of the two views below do you think works? Why? I still have a couple of "cannons" to put in place, (some orphaned 10.5mm Apogee tubing,) and a cockpit, so that will also enter into the decision. Anyone see a definite winner here?Bill,
Try putting another tube between these two fins. Test fit a piece of BT-20 as well as other sizes. Maybe BT-60 or 70 is the right size. It doesn't need to come all the in to touch the main BT. Perhaps bevelling it to match the fins' leading edges. Just a thought. Doug

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-11-2005, 12:17 AM
Bill,
Try putting another tube between these two fins. Test fit a piece of BT-20 as well as other sizes. Maybe BT-60 or 70 is the right size. It doesn't need to come all the in to touch the main BT. Perhaps bevelling it to match the fins' leading edges. Just a thought. Doug

I tried this, but it looked.........pregnant. I pulled out the sheet of canopy patterns that I got from Apogee a few years ago and found one that I liked, so I might have it ready to paint before the next launch. I even lucked out and found a decal to use for the main fin. (Not really a decal, but it will work as one for this project. Kind of a fish/pirate theme. Almost spooky if you think about it. :eek: )

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Saturday at VOA was pretty windy for rockets. (Would have been a GREAT day for my Mach 10, but I forgot the weighted marker cone. :mad: ) The Warlord was my second flight and behaved pretty much as expected in the wind. It cocked heavily off the pad and clawed its way to a respectable altitude on the C6-5. Ejection came just as it tipped over and it recovered several hundred yards out into the cross country course. I liked the performance and wanted to give it a go on a B6-4, but I got busy with other flights and never got the chance to get it prepped again. I've decided on a metallic bronze and black paint scheme, with a pirated logo on the sail.
Does the Flying Spaghetti Monster mean anything to anyone? ;)

Tau Zero
10-11-2005, 10:22 PM
I've decided on a metallic bronze and black paint scheme, with a pirated logo on the sail.
Does the Flying Spaghetti Monster mean anything to anyone? ;)
If I'd been consuming a beverage right now, that comment would have been a real "Drink-Spewer." :eek: ;) :D :cool:

Cheers,

--Jay

Patriot Pilot
10-21-2005, 07:13 PM
That is a nice stove. :p

A Fish Named Wallyum
12-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Thought I'd throw in an update.
With the EMRR Challenge coming to an end, I needed to get out to fly a paper rocket I designed and built. Since I didn't have any decent lift-off shots of the Warlord, I thought I'd toss it into the fray just to get one. I went to Johnny's to buy some 1/4A engines for the paper rocket, and picked up some B4-2s for the Warlord. First up was the paper rocket, a downscale of my first ever scratch build back in 1977 that I called the Phantom Cruiser. :rolleyes: The P.C. was made out of a Papa John's Pizza mailer and actually turned out looking pretty good. I made everything except the nose cone from the mailer, (the nose cone was made from a sheet of wrapped letterhead from work.) It was actually quite a bit easier than I expected and I was starting to think that it might be a pretty good little performer. First flight was on the 1/4A. So was the last flight.
Yeah, I killed it on its first flight. Well, more to the point, the EJECTION CHARGE killed it. The flight was great, straight up and fairly high for such a small engine. At ejection, which sounded like it was just over my head instead of 100' in the air, I noticed something flying away from the rocket, but I thought it was just the engine kicking. When I arrived at the crash site, I found the body with the engine partially ejected, but no nose cone. I'd seen the general direction that the cone flew in, but hadn't thought it important enough to track. Never found it. AND I missed the launch shot. Damn. I'd brought along a 1/2A and an A3 for the next two flights, planning to fly this little thing to death, but I hadn't intended for the death to come THAT fast.
Flight two was the Warlord on the newly purchased B4-2. This is a heavy rocket, and it leaves the pad SLOWLY on the B4, so I figured I'd have no problem getting the launch picture. Wrong. The lift-off was as slow as I expected, but I didn't even get it smoking on the pad. The flight was great, right up until ejection. Once again it sounded like it was going off in my ear and I was suddenly watching the nose cone and parachute go one way while the body fell another way. I followed the body down and got several pics of it before it hit. When it hit I saw several pieces bounce, so I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. The nose cone and parachute landed a hundred or so feet away, so I went to collect the pieces of the airframe first. There were three. It had landed on the frozen ground directly on the big fins and two of them snapped off. They weren't just delaminated, but broken off in jagged chunks. The interesting thing that I found was that the elastic shock cord was what failed, not the Kevlar. It had snapped in two just above the point where it attached to the Kevlar. Fixing the mess is a possibility, but I'm not sure I even want to do it. It will never look the same and it started out as a mistake anyway. I'm seriously thinking about buying some Quest motors online, just to see how the Quest ejection charges are. I'm getting tired of losing rockets to the Estes charges. :mad:

Doug Sams
12-05-2005, 10:58 AM
... (the nose cone was made from a sheet of wrapped letterhead from work.) [snip] The interesting thing that I found was that the elastic shock cord was what failed, not the Kevlar. [snip] I'm seriously thinking about buying some Quest motors online, just to see how the Quest ejection charges are. I'm getting tired of losing rockets to the Estes charges. :mad: Bill,
A couple things to consider here. Whenever you have something flimsy for the nosecone, you need a stout bulkhead behind it. Even a weak ejection charge can blow thru a paper cone. The Quest HL-20 (stock) has a thin, flimsy disk behind the NC, and it can't take any sort of ejection charge. Mine let go on its first flight. I retro-fitted a disk in it while I was reattaching the nosecone.

As for the elastic, I'm not sure whether you're referring to the 4mm wide elastic (ie, cloth and rubber) or the new all-rubber cord. But either way, I've gotten away from all elastic/rubber cords and begun using kevlar. Kevlar doesn't snap the nosecone back into the rocket like elastic does. Seems I've had too many fins broken by the nosecones. And foremost, the rubber/elastic seems to get brittle (weak) after a couple of ejections.

I feel your pain on the hot ejections. I've popped the motor tubes off my Edmonds Tinee and CiCi several times with them. But I've begun building around the hot charges. I've had several core samples because of weak charges, and I'd rather beef up the recovery harness for hot charges than risk core samples with weak ones.

Doug

A Fish Named Wallyum
12-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Bill,
A couple things to consider here. Whenever you have something flimsy for the nosecone, you need a stout bulkhead behind it. Even a weak ejection charge can blow thru a paper cone. The Quest HL-20 (stock) has a thin, flimsy disk behind the NC, and it can't take any sort of ejection charge. Mine let go on its first flight. I retro-fitted a disk in it while I was reattaching the nosecone.

As for the elastic, I'm not sure whether you're referring to the 4mm wide elastic (ie, cloth and rubber) or the new all-rubber cord. But either way, I've gotten away from all elastic/rubber cords and begun using kevlar. Kevlar doesn't snap the nosecone back into the rocket like elastic does. Seems I've had too many fins broken by the nosecones. And foremost, the rubber/elastic seems to get brittle (weak) after a couple of ejections.

I feel your pain on the hot ejections. I've popped the motor tubes off my Edmonds Tinee and CiCi several times with them. But I've begun building around the hot charges. I've had several core samples because of weak charges, and I'd rather beef up the recovery harness for hot charges than risk core samples with weak ones.

Doug

The paper nose cone was filled with wood glue for added weight. It was into this plug that the Kevlar was sunk. It had been drying for several weeks, but it may not have dried enough. The elastic felt oddly brittle when I picked it up, so that's also a possibility. ;)
None of this excuses the fact that Estes is now producing ejection charges that harm more than they help. A few weeks back I had a vintage Mini Bomarc that was blown apart by the ejection charge. What stops something like that other than changing motor companies? I'm going to place an order for a Quest bulk pack after the holidays and compare them side by side. If that doesn't work I might just give this hobby up. It's no fun building rockets that get damaged or destroyed after a successful flight. :mad:

snaquin
12-05-2005, 09:19 PM
The paper nose cone was filled with wood glue for added weight. It was into this plug that the Kevlar was sunk. It had been drying for several weeks, but it may not have dried enough. The elastic felt oddly brittle when I picked it up, so that's also a possibility. ;)
None of this excuses the fact that Estes is now producing ejection charges that harm more than they help. A few weeks back I had a vintage Mini Bomarc that was blown apart by the ejection charge. What stops something like that other than changing motor companies? I'm going to place an order for a Quest bulk pack after the holidays and compare them side by side. If that doesn't work I might just give this hobby up. It's no fun building rockets that get damaged or destroyed after a successful flight. :mad:

I see what you guys are talking about with these Estes ejection charges. I didn't notice it right away but on my first flight of my T222-24 the motor tubes are like the Semroc ST-10's and the three Estes D12's blistered the motor tubes and paint so bad on the outside from the ejection charges that I had to insert Semroc ST-9's inside of them and resand repaint the rocket. If I wouldn't have "sleeved" these tubes with ST-9's I think they would burn through on future flights. Unfortunately this was my first flight also so needless to say I was pretty bummed out after spending all that time finishing that rocket.

Patriot Pilot
12-06-2005, 03:30 PM

Next time try a little Epoxy. It only takes a few hours to cure instead of weeks.

Doug Sams
12-07-2005, 06:59 AM
None of this excuses the fact that Estes is now producing ejection charges that harm more than they help. A few weeks back I had a vintage Mini Bomarc that was blown apart by the ejection charge. What stops something like that other than changing motor companies? :mad: Bill,
Sorry about your Bomarc. I should add that I do sort through my motor stash looking for old ones with ordinary ejection charges when I'm flying one of my older rockets (one with a typical, non-bullet-proof recovery harness). I couldn't tell an Estes date code from a baloney expiration date (but I can tell you how to read the trace code on an STMicroelectronics real-time clock IC :)

Anyway, I just look for motors with the older, mono-chromatic labels - either all green or all purple. These tend to not blow the rockets apart. I try to save them and not use them in my beefed up rockets.

That said, I don't see old motors on the shelves much anymore. Seems like most of the old stuff has flushed thru, that most of the stores I frequent all have recent vintage motors.

Doug

A Fish Named Wallyum
12-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Bill,
Sorry about your Bomarc. I should add that I do sort through my motor stash looking for old ones with ordinary ejection charges when I'm flying one of my older rockets (one with a typical, non-bullet-proof recovery harness). I couldn't tell an Estes date code from a baloney expiration date (but I can tell you how to read the trace code on an STMicroelectronics real-time clock IC :)

The Bomarc had a new recovery system in it, and that worked fine. The damage occurred at ejection when both ram tubes were blown off of the rocket. Both were recovered, but I don't see myself ever trying to fly it again. Why risk it? I never thought of using the older engines, but I'm pretty sure I've cleared any out locally over the past five years.

mojack82
12-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Thought I'd throw in an update.
With the EMRR Challenge coming to an end, I needed to get out to fly a paper rocket I designed and built.

<big snip>

It will never look the same and it started out as a mistake anyway. I'm seriously thinking about buying some Quest motors online, just to see how the Quest ejection charges are. I'm getting tired of losing rockets to the Estes charges. :mad:

I'm baaack - kinda. School's been kicking my rear since Sep & my last big project was due today (stayed up 'till 0500 local finishing a chair, got up at 0740 local by young daughter Sam, brushed teeth, drove in lake-effect snow, defended project during class critique, drove home, went to bed for a couple of hours of zzsss).

Anywho - what? Don't you have nasty weather down there? I keep hearing all this noise and whining from people in our southern climates having record low temps & inclement weather caused by global warming. Cold, ice, snow, etc, etc are incompatible with rocketry (or at least my core body temp & reflective, depilated & glabrous cranial surface...)

BTW - I just read some postings on TRF in their motor forum. I didn't post, but I've pretty good luck with the Quest motors & their ejection charges. That, & the motors are slightly smaller diameter, which I like. I've had to peel & fit way too many Estes motors (I know, I know - don't futz around & modify an engine, blah, blah, blah (insert smily with wiggly fingers under chin here...). That, or mess up the motor mount/body tube yanking the jammed motor out with pliers.

My only complaint about the Quest motors is the rocket's body tubes are a bit crusty & sooty (kinda like me right now), requiring more cleaning. Also, they don't quite have that traditional Estes ejection charge smell.

Also just got around to updating my signature to Rule Two

Ltvscout
12-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Anywho - what? Don't you have nasty weather down there? I keep hearing all this noise and whining from people in our southern climates having record low temps & inclement weather caused by global warming. Cold, ice, snow, etc, etc are incompatible with rocketry (or at least my core body temp & reflective, depilated & glabrous cranial surface...)

We were at -4 here this morning. Just another day in WI!

My only complaint about the Quest motors is the rocket's body tubes are a bit crusty & sooty (kinda like me right now), requiring more cleaning. Also, they don't quite have that traditional Estes ejection charge smell.
That's because they use more sulfur in their mixture, which is also why they have better tracking smoke.

Also just got around to updating my signature to Rule Two
I like it! Luckily my eldest daughter is only 12 so I have a couple years reprieve still. ;)

kurtschachner
12-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Luckily my eldest daughter is only 12 so I have a couple years reprieve still. ;)

Couple? I don't think so, try MAYBE "one". Unless she is >12.5 then you have even less ;)

Ltvscout
12-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Couple? I don't think so, try MAYBE "one". Unless she is >12.5 then you have even less ;)
She ain't dating until she's at LEAST 15!

mojack82
12-07-2005, 10:58 PM
We were at -4 here this morning. Just another day in WI!

That's because they use more sulfur in their mixture, which is also why they have better tracking smoke.

I like it! Luckily my eldest daughter is only 12 so I have a couple years reprieve still. ;)

Hey, today started out here in Grand Rapids with a balmy +8 degrees. Unlike WI, we get the long periods of the gray gulag...

Don't mean to hijack, but wth. Yeah, Sam's getting ready to turn 12 this coming Feb - Becky's turning 15 in 10 days. :eek:

Becky has her first boyfriend - went on her very first date two weekends ago. My wife briefly met the kid (Scott - ar, ar) at the theater. When she got home, I told Becky I'll make sure I'm cleaning my 9mm when I meet him & silently hand him the 10 rules. Then, if he still comes around, I'll have him over privately for a beer...or two...you know, have that man-to-man talk. Nothin' like gettin' it from the source.

See this sarcasm smily: :rolleyes:

Doesn't even remotely come close to what Becky did as she huffed up the stairs to her room...bwahahahahaha!!!!

Back on topic:

me like Quest motors...they make rockit go real good...