PDA

View Full Version : Great Weekend!

EchoVictor
10-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Had a great weekend flying rockets.

Saturday was our local club (www.wooshrocketry.org) launch, where I started to practice on my launch shots....

EchoVictor
10-03-2005, 11:07 PM
...and then on Sunday I went out with my brother and some friends of his from out of town and got better.

BTW, that's me holding my little A-10 GoonyHog. I put a "C" under her for the first time and man, what a flight!

Later,
EV

barone
10-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Aaaaahhhh.......practice makes perfect :) ! Great lift off pictures. Glad to finally get to see your Galactic Wave. It looks great. What's that naked rocket?

Don
NAR 53455

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-04-2005, 12:02 AM
I was going to ask the same thing. One looks like a USS Atlantis, and if I'm not doddering in my premature senility, you posted something about it a while back. :confused:
The other one looks like it might be a scratch build around the current X-Prize Starchaser nose cone. Yes? No? Secret recipe?

EchoVictor
10-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Bill,

(in my best Phil-Hartman-impersonating-Ed-McMahon voice) you are correct, sir! The first "nekkid" one is my USS Atlantis ProtoWarp, which I described in this thread;

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=441

The second one is indeed centered around a PNC-60TS from an Estes X-Prize Thunderstar. It's a little something I whipped together after being inspired by a late night movie.

Here are a couple of static shots of her. Anyone care to guess the inspiration piece???

Later,
EV

barone
10-05-2005, 10:39 AM
The second one is indeed centered around a PNC-60TS from an Estes X-Prize Thunderstar. It's a little something I whipped together after being inspired by a late night movie.

Here are a couple of static shots of her. Anyone care to guess the inspiration piece???

Later,
EV

Duh....it sure looks familiar... :confused: but can't place it.

Don
NAR 53455

EchoVictor
10-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Hint #1

Think grey....

Later,
EV

CPMcGraw
10-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Bill,

(in my best Phil-Hartman-impersonating-Ed-McMahon voice) you are correct, sir! The first "nekkid" one is my USS Atlantis ProtoWarp, which I described in this thread;

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=441

Later,
EV

My first thought was "The Last Starfighter", and the second was a Star Fury from B-5...

EchoVictor
10-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Hint #2

Think capital ship....

Later,
EV

CPMcGraw
10-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Hint #2

Think capital ship....

Later,
EV

British, American, or other film? I'm really drawing a blank here...

Hiddenagnt
10-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Roger Young from the awful "Starship Troopers" movie.

EchoVictor
10-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Awful? Awful? I love that movie! It's so cheesy and over-acted that it's actually quite funny. I've always viewed it as a shining example of B-movie sci-fi with an A-movie budget.

Anyways, here's a comparison of line drawings...

Later,
EV

Hiddenagnt
10-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Awful? Awful? I love that movie! It's so cheesy and over-acted that it's actually quite funny. I've always viewed it as a shining example of B-movie sci-fi with an A-movie budget.

Anyways, here's a comparison of line drawings...

Later,
EV

Awful compared to the book it was supposed to have been based on, which is one of my favorites.

EchoVictor
10-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Agreed. I was so disappointed that there was no power armor....

Later,
EV