PDA

View Full Version : Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe Auction Site Now Upgraded!

Ltvscout
02-28-2009, 11:49 AM
I've finally gotten the time to upgrade the auction site to the new version of the software. I believe you will find it to be far superior to what I used to run.

All user info has been retained, although you will need to re-login again.

NOTE: The auction site and the message forum are not connected in any way other than the link to get to the auctions from the forum. If you don't already have an account on the auction site, you'll need to create one. This is no different than eBay needing its own account separate from your favorite message forum(s). (I've seen some people complain about this for some strange reason!?)

There are a LOT more features to this new auction site. It has many of the capabilities of eBay. And the best thing is that it's all FREE!

Vendors are encouraged to post their products for sale on the auction site to use it as another "storefront". You can sell your items for a fixed price and include a qty for each item. Remember, it's FREE!

You'll find many of the new features when you click on the Member icon. You can watch items for sale, enter favorite keywords to watch for that will alert you when an item is posted, and for sellers, you can pre-set preferences to help speed up the process of entering an item for sale.

Sellers will find many new features as well including having item counters (too see how many times your item has been viewed), the ability to have your item show on the main page and many more.

I will be working at promoting this new site so we can get it to be the premier place for buying and selling rocketry related items without the costs incurred by places like eBay.

Check it out at www.rocketshoppe.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl

spacecenturion
03-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Hi, thanks for the upgrade, love the new feel/look of the auction system.
If you can get the vendors to use this as a storefront, I think we would all benefit from it!!!

Thanks for your efforts!!!