PDA

View Full Version : Revised Design -- Cormes Protectorate Drakken Defender

CPMcGraw
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I liked this design myself, but never got around to really decorating it up until now. I've also never actually built it, sorry to say. This new version has been enhanced with the capabilities of RS9, including the new canopy detail (thanks rkt2k1 for using it first!), and some new engine nacelle detail that surprised me how well it turned out. I hope everyone likes it, too!

The canopy should be made from 0.02" clear sheet polycarbonate. The nacelle front edge and thrust cone could be custom-cut (Carl, your input would be appreciated on this one!), or a custom set could be cut that isn't hollow, and polycarbonate parts could be vac-molded from those.

Length: 20.20"
Diameter: 1.04" (ST-10)
Fin Span: 5.17"
Weight: 1.86 oz

Launch Rod: 48" x 3/16" (really needs the extra length)

A8-3......141'......Dv 17 FPS
B4-4......375'......Dv 6 FPS
B6-4......389'......Dv 4 FPS
C6-5......915'......Dv 16 FPS

Enjoy!

rkt2k1
03-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I liked this design myself, but never got around to really decorating it up until now. I've also never actually built it, sorry to say. This new version has been enhanced with the capabilities of RS9, including the new canopy detail (thanks rkt2k1 for using it first!), and some new engine nacelle detail that surprised me how well it turned out. I hope everyone likes it, too!

Cool! I was hoping someone else would try that canopy technique. I think it really improves the overall look of a design with a rounded canopy.

Craig - this is a great looking design! I really like what you did with the engine nacelles. I may "borrow" the technique for a couple of jet-style designs I have in the pipeline. :D

Keep 'em coming!

... Bill