PDA

View Full Version : EMRR down ?

Green Dragon
10-06-2005, 10:39 AM
have not been able to connect to the EMRR site for about 3 days now .

is anyone else having trouble ? is the site down, or is it 'me' , have not had problems with other sites, first thought it was my server / system, but now wondering .

~ AL

Green Dragon
10-06-2005, 02:42 PM
I just went to that site. No problems here.

tried it again just now and nadda, zilch ....

'page cannot be displayed ' " cannot find server' error

I've tried both my bookmark,online links and direct typed URL, cleared the cache,history, restarted the computer, etc ..a nd still , near as I can tell, just that one site is 'acting up' .

some sort of cookie oproblem or ? ... got me baffled, lol ... although computer guru I'm far from .

~ AL

CPMcGraw
10-06-2005, 03:49 PM
tried it again just now and nadda, zilch ....

'page cannot be displayed ' " cannot find server' error

I've tried both my bookmark,online links and direct typed URL, cleared the cache,history, restarted the computer, etc ..a nd still , near as I can tell, just that one site is 'acting up' .

some sort of cookie oproblem or ? ... got me baffled, lol ... although computer guru I'm far from .

~ AL

This occasionally happens when your local ISP has trouble linking to a DNS server (the gateway address). Not all domains are registered on the same server bank, and if one of those disconnected banks goes down, then it takes a while before the corrections can propagate across the other servers. Contact your ISP and let them know you're having this problem. They're the next link in the chain up from you.

Lugnut
10-06-2005, 03:51 PM
http://news.com.com/Network+feud+leads+to+Net+blackout/2100-1038_3-5889592.html?tag=nefd.top

Your answer will be found in this article. Men behaving badly.