PDA

View Full Version : Show me your big ones and I'll show you mine

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Upscales, ya freaks!
I've got others, but these are two of the more fully realized that I've finished. The smaller Condor is a 1:1, 18mm clone, while the smaller Satellite Interceptor is an original that I rescued off Ebay and restored. Both upscales are BT-55 based. The Condor was built in 2001, but I only recently got the upscaled decals to look decent. The BT-55 Satellite Interceptor is E-powered and righteously RIPS off the pad. I also have another one that was my first ever upscale back in 2001, and also my first D-powered bird. It's currently in ROUGH shape at the other house. I also have a BT-55 Rogue that I haven't finished decaling yet, and the Taurus upscale that I've posted on here several hundred times.
So, how about it? Anyone else got a big one they'd like to show off? :eek:

Green Dragon
10-21-2005, 09:18 AM
nice looking birds, Bill.

UI actually am 'restoring' my vintage Condor now - have always wanted to do the Sattelite Interceptor, maybe an upscale version would be good - especially since the Black Brant cone is available.
what did you use for the tail cone ?

will see if I can come up with a few upscale pics, many of my upscales are parlty painted or nekkid, though :-( * sigh *

~ AL

well, here's the two that I already have pics of on my hard drive, so posting along with this :-)

the Rogue is made from a polyethlene tube (ala PML Quantum),built in the mid 80's using the Estes SCUD-1B cone, not exactly accurate, but ppl do reccognize the design.
will be ordering a custom BMS cone with my next order ( once I scrape up some cash), so I can use the Scud cone for a 'D.A.R.T.' clone .

the other pics are of our imfamous Rattler 7 upscale :-)

(note the Estes E2X kit Rattler 7 leaning against the fin in pic 2)

Patriot Pilot
10-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Okay Zippy you wanted bigger.
But what did you expect to see?

Patriot Pilot
10-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Missed the picture.

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Okay Zippy you wanted bigger.
But what did you expect to see?

What are you talking about? You're the NewCath guy. :eek:

Ramjet
10-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Missed the picture.

Mine is an old Estes Pro Series.
But it's gettin a 29mm motor mount instead of the 4 E cluster mount.
4 E's is gettin too pricey to shoot compared to a nice G or H reload.

Besides, Heres my reply to the Thread Start:

Finished_04.JPG

Ramjet