PDA

View Full Version : So, is this going to stay?

AstronMike
04-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Since most of us are still disappointed over TRFs decision not to make a Glider based Forum, Im quite happy to see this placed here!

Main question is, will this be a permanent Forum, or is it on a trial basis?

Once I obtain a camera I will have *loads* of content for here, even if no one generally pays me any attention :o

Thanks for putting this up, YORF!

Ltvscout
04-28-2009, 08:37 AM
It is most definitely permanent. I saw the MANY people that asked for it on TRF and knew that this type of forum would get put to good use.

Enjoy!

Davidtmp
04-28-2009, 09:26 AM
I am not into boost gliders.....yet. Any information you post Mike would be looked at. I learn better by pics!

o1d_dude
04-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks for putting up the Rocket/Glider forum.

TRF is fine but I much prefer YORF. My kinda people here. :)

Ltvscout
04-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for putting up the Rocket/Glider forum.

TRF is fine but I much prefer YORF. My kinda people here. :)
No problem. I saw a need, so I filled it. ;)

rokitflite
04-28-2009, 11:24 AM
No problem. I saw a need, so I filled it. ;)

Judging from the response @ TRF it must have taken a lot of effort on your part to add this area. Thanks for your time and support on this matter Scott. Your hard work is appreciated.

Ltvscout
04-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Judging from the response @ TRF it must have taken a lot of effort on your part to add this area. Thanks for your time and support on this matter Scott. Your hard work is appreciated.
Adding a forum takes about a minute or two of work. ;)

boris katan
04-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for adding an area for rocket gliders.

It will be a while before I have time to build mine.

I look forward to learning from what others post.

Gingerdawg
04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Adding a forum takes about a minute or two of work if you know the forum software. ;)
There, fixed that for ya!!!

dwmzmm
04-28-2009, 01:27 PM
If you want to earn those BIG points in NAR competition, you MUST be proficient in the
boost & rocket/glide events. Can't tell you guys how important this is. Besides, building
and flying boost & rocket/gliders are lots of fun and take plenty of knowledge & skill.

Bill
04-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Adding a forum takes about a minute or two of work. ;)

But it takes an army to moderate one to their standards. Hence the difference between this and That Rocketry Forum.

Bill

Mark II
04-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Thank you very much, Scott. A great forum site just got better. We should have realized that you were our "go to" guy all along!

MarkII

terryg
05-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Once I obtain a camera I will have *loads* of content for here, even if no one generally pays me any attention :o

As a high power junkie who is going to have to be on a midpower budget for a while I am most interested in your giant glider designs. Pics would be great and plans even better. :D
The sweet spot for me is the the G64 class reloads (best bang for the buck) and I love your large designs that I have seen in the past. Now I just have to track down a source for rediboard in Arizona or find an online source.