PDA

View Full Version : New Design -- Callisto

CPMcGraw
05-10-2009, 09:06 PM
A simple design, but challenging to build. The canopy detail should be considered a single vac-molded clear piece, trimmed to fit onto the tube. Mask and paint the canopy from the inside.

Dimensions and simulation data in the screenshot. All flights require only a standard 36" x 1/8" rod.

Enjoy!

Mark II
05-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Wow, THAT'S interesting! Spiky!

It wasn't what I was expecting to see when I saw the name, either... ;)

Since I still haven't upgraded yet (and can't view the design file), let me ask - how many fins does that have?

MarkII

pantherjon
05-11-2009, 06:44 AM
It has 8 fins!:eek:

Cool design! :)

CPMcGraw
05-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Eight fins, nine pods, one subassembly... :D

James Pierson
05-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Cool design Craig. That is one design that I do not reccomend trying to catch upon recovery.
Ouchy!! :D

Also I see you have gone to the "Dark Side" as well using the screen capture for posting specs. Some would say its the lazy way, while the more politically correct terms would be
"timely, efficient, productive even :chuckle: . We will just blame it on Jay, as he used it first :rolleyes: .

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Mark II
05-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Eight fins, but NINE pods?

That would be a bear to build, but man, what an impressive looking rocket it would be when you finished it! :)

If you modified the design to give it nine fins, each ending in a one-inch long slender spiky pod, you could call it "Nine Inch Nails." :p

MarkII

CPMcGraw
05-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Eight fins, but NINE pods?

That would be a bear to build, but man, what an impressive looking rocket it would be when you finished it! :)

If you modified the design to give it nine fins, each ending in a one-inch long slender spiky pod, you could call it "Nine Inch Nails." :p

MarkII

The pods are not so bad to work up, as eight of them (fin tip probes) are identical. The ninth is the canopy detail.

"NIN"... I'll have to think about that idea... :rolleyes: