PDA

View Full Version : New Design: Inter-Planetary Star Liner Antares

tonypv
06-06-2009, 06:17 PM
This design uses a Semroc BNC-50G nose cone and two TA-5020B transitions with a BT50 and a BT20 just long enough for the shoulders to make the nose section.

I spent a lot of time making the decals for this one. I "borrowed" a few from the Orbital Transport (I did change colors and/or shapes) the rest I drew myself.

I will be flying it on June 21 at the next CMASS launch.

CPMcGraw
06-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Nice model, Tony!

Would you mind posting the decal image for us? Those graphics work really well.

Bob H
06-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Wow! Great model.

I was trying to picture it when you were describing it at the last launch but it's much nicer than I had imagined.

I'm looking forward to seeing it fly at the next launch.

James Pierson
06-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Wow, excellent design Tony. I really like the nose cone extented flare area with the TA-5020. It makes this design a truely original design indeed. This design seems to fly on the B6-4 as well with good launch guide length and Dv's.

Tony, I see that you have a "Comment" section in the flight specs colum with the wind conditions listed. I am wondering how you did this? Did you type it in or is it an option to select that the wind conditions be listed?

Thanks in advance, JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

tonypv
06-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Nice model, Tony!

Would you mind posting the decal image for us? Those graphics work really well.

Thanks Craig.

Here's a GIF image of the decals. There are a lot more on the sheet than I used.

tonypv
06-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Wow! Great model.

I was trying to picture it when you were describing it at the last launch but it's much nicer than I had imagined.

I'm looking forward to seeing it fly at the next launch.

Thanks Bob. Glad you like it. :)

Yeah, it was kind of hard for me to describe.

Leo
06-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Sleek looking. Very nice :)

tonypv
06-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Wow, excellent design Tony. I really like the nose cone extented flare area with the TA-5020. It makes this design a truely original design indeed. This design seems to fly on the B6-4 as well with good launch guide length and Dv's.

Tony, I see that you have a "Comment" section in the flight specs colum with the wind conditions listed. I am wondering how you did this? Did you type it in or is it an option to select that the wind conditions be listed?

Thanks in advance, JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Thanks.
I really like the nose section on this one.

In the simulation properties window there is a place for a comment near the bottom. I usually sim at different wind setting to see how a design will preform and type in the wind setting so I know which is which.

tonypv
06-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Sleek looking. Very nice :)

Thanks Leo.

Sleek is a good word for this one. :)

foose4string
06-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Awesome design Tony. You've outdone yourself on this one with the decals and all. Great Job.

CPMcGraw
06-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks.
I really like the nose section on this one.

In the simulation properties window there is a place for a comment near the bottom. I usually sim at different wind setting to see how a design will preform and type in the wind setting so I know which is which.

I had to hunt for the menu path. :o Look in "EDIT | Preferences | Simulation Summary", and it gives you a two-pane window with the available column data in the left pane, and the columns you want to show in the right. You can also re-order the columns by removing everything from the right pane, then loading just those columns you want, in the order you want them.

The "Comments" are specific to one simulation run, BTW. A comment you make for one run isn't posted to the next run, or to previous runs. Each run has its own comment. ADDENDUM: OOPS!--> Wrong! The comment does carry from one simulation to another, even across model files.

tonypv
06-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Awesome design Tony. You've outdone yourself on this one with the decals and all. Great Job.

Thanks Craig.

I'm really proud of this one.

I can't wait to fly it.

CPMcGraw
06-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Tony,

Looking back through my records (probably not complete), this design appears to be your FIRST BARCLONE CONTRIBUTION. Congrats! This is a fantastic 'first entry' for you, and I certainly look forward to seeing more from you as we move forward.

Thanks!

tonypv
06-08-2009, 05:05 AM
Tony,

Looking back through my records (probably not complete), this design appears to be your FIRST BARCLONE CONTRIBUTION. Congrats! This is a fantastic 'first entry' for you, and I certainly look forward to seeing more from you as we move forward.

Thanks!

Actually it's my second. The first was my Solaris (http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showpost.php?p=52492&postcount=243) from last year. Which I have rebuilt and flown.

CPMcGraw
06-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Tony,

Thanks for the reminder. It was not showing up in my local (hard drive) file, but it is in the Master List of designs, and it is counted in the list totals. I just didn't have a separate folder for it...

Both are great-looking designs!

tonypv
07-20-2009, 08:38 PM
I flew the Antares Saturday for it's second flight.
I used a Quest C6-5. What a nice flight, straight boost with deployment right at apogee.

tfischer
07-20-2009, 08:55 PM
That's a beautiful craft.

tonypv
07-21-2009, 03:56 PM
That's a beautiful craft.

Thanks.