PDA

View Full Version : Teri on the Late Show couple of days ago

Royatl
11-10-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm surprised no one commented on the Rocket Goddess appearing on David Letterman's Late Show for the first time in over eight years on Tuesday night.

She was there to support her new book, "Speedbumps: Flooring It Through Hollywood". As is her custom now she was already seated when her segment started, and she kept holding her right hand with her left, the same way Bob Dole does. Dave was effusive as to what Teri meant to him on the old Late Night, where she made some thirty appearances. Teri accepted the compliments and was quite animated herself, unlike the past couple of appearances on the Late Show, where she seemed quite subdued/intimidated/apprehensive, possibly due to her illness.

Yes, her face is puffy now... and she was probably puffy in a few other places, but hey, she has MS and she's 56. I still think she's wonderful!

A Fish Named Wallyum
11-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Yes, her face is puffy now... and she was probably puffy in a few other places, but hey, she has MS and she's 56. I still think she's wonderful!

I know most of you guys probably think of her in her "Inga" role or in her Star Trek appearance, but this is where I first noticed her. Between this and "Mr. Mom", it sealed the deal for me. Here she is posing with a famous pilot. :cool: :eek: ;)

Tweener
11-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Missed that one. :( But I had been seeing her regularly not too long ago on one of the chick channels (Oxygen?) as I was channel surfing. She was a panelist on a redo of the old "What's my line?" game I believe. She still has that wonderful sense of humor and sweet disposition. Maybe I'll catch the Letterman appearance in a re-run next spring. ;)

Royatl
11-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Missed that one. :( But I had been seeing her regularly not too long ago on one of the chick channels (Oxygen?) as I was channel surfing. She was a panelist on a redo of the old "What's my line?" game I believe. She still has that wonderful sense of humor and sweet disposition. Maybe I'll catch the Letterman appearance in a re-run next spring. ;)

"I've Got A Secret." Produced only for one year (2000) and they keep running it over and over and over.

And Letterman reruns are usually shown within two months of original air date. Since they're off one week of every five, they usually show the best shows of the previous four weeks. This is the first week of a cycle, so if they re-run it, look for it the week of Dec 5-9.

If you've got Real Player, there's a clip on the following page, titiled "Were Dave and Teri Garr Married? (http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/dave_tv/ls_dtv_big_show_highlights.shtml)"

somehow the wrong URL got embedded above. now corrected.

Tweener
11-10-2005, 02:45 PM
"I've Got A Secret." Produced only for one year (2000) and they keep running it over and over and over.

And Letterman reruns are usually shown within two months of original air date. Since they're off one week of every five, they usually show the best shows of the previous four weeks. This is the first week of a cycle, so if they re-run it, look for it the week of Dec 5-9.

If you've got Real Player, there's a clip on the following page, titiled "Were Dave and Teri Garr Married? (http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/dave_tv/ls_dtv_pop_player.php)"
OMG, Roy! :eek: Have you considered seeing a professional about that TV addiction of yours? :D ;) Seriously, though, thanks for the heads up on the re-run schedule. I really would like to see it.

Royatl
11-10-2005, 03:13 PM
OMG, Roy! :eek: Have you considered seeing a professional about that TV addiction of yours? :D ;) Seriously, though, thanks for the heads up on the re-run schedule. I really would like to see it.

Actually it's a Letterman addiction, going on 23 years. Every time I go to NYC I have to go by the theatre, eat lunch at the Hello Deli, go back by there at 5:30 in case they have a "bit" going on at the Deli. It helps if you know their taping sched so you know when not to waste your time. Even so, in all this time, I've only gotten in to the show once, when I went to NYC right after NARAM three months ago.

Royatl
11-10-2005, 03:30 PM
correct URL for the Letterman-Teri Garr clip: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/dave_tv/ls_dtv_big_show_highlights.shtml