PDA

View Full Version : Starting Hustler Clone

ghrocketman
12-03-2005, 10:50 PM
I just received my parts order from Semroc to clone the Centuri Hustler.
Man that nose cone is HUGE....no wonder it was $10.00....the block used to turn this one must be a monster.

I'm sure it will make a good stable mate for my two Enerjet Athena clones, 1972 edition Enerjet Aero-Dart clone, and original Enerjet Nike-Smoke. Now if the parts to clone the Enerjet Egg Crate would become available, i'd have the entire 1972 Enerjet Catalog of consumer rockets (not including the 1340, 2250, and 2650; these technically were not consumer rockets).

stefanj
12-03-2005, 11:19 PM
If you make ONE modification to the original, make the fins "through the wall."

The fins on this sucka are HUGE. They can break off if mishandled. The fiber reinforcements aren't up to the job.

If you add a tab on the root and slot the body, you'll have much studier model.

Oh . . . needless to say, you should update the recovery harness. Kevlar and a long, long elastic cord.

Have fun! The Hustler flies really nicely on F motors.

Green Dragon
12-09-2005, 01:31 PM
hmm.. just cut and sanded the fins for a Hustler clone the other day :-)

will have to order parts from carl after the holiday season, when I have more cash :-( ... all saved for the trip to california to visit the in-laws :-P < anyone in the LA area ? , any launches Christmas weekend , lol ?

I have an original section of FSI 2.34" tubing ( just happens to be 8", too.hmmm.... ) for the paylaod section, but need to order the transition and lower bt , unless that specs out same as FSI 1.8 ? ( I have some of that ) .

another of the 'winter projects' , I guess, lol ....

~ AL

Doug Sams
12-09-2005, 04:18 PM
I have an original section of FSI 2.34" tubing ( just happens to be 8", too.hmmm.... ) for the paylaod section, FWIW, in case you or anyone else needs some, Firefox (http://www.firefox-fx.com/rocketry.htm) has a tube this size - RBT225. It's 2.25" id and 2.34" od. It's not the prettiest thing, and needs extra filling, I've used one with success thus far, and have a few more I plan to turn into motor users.

but need to order the transition and lower bt , unless that specs out same as FSI 1.8 ? ( I have some of that ) . The Aerotech 1.88" (aka 1.9") tube is as close to that as anything I know. Again, FWIW.

Doug

Carl@Semroc
12-09-2005, 06:32 PM
The parts for the Hustler are all available except through-the-wall fins. Those and the pre-slotted tube is scheduled for early next year.

Hustler Parts List (http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/ClassicParts.asp?ID=564)

snaquin
12-09-2005, 07:25 PM
The parts for the Hustler are all available except through-the-wall fins. Those and the pre-slotted tube is scheduled for early next year.

Hustler Parts List (http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/ClassicParts.asp?ID=564)

Carl, although I was tempted to press every single add to cart button on that page, pre-slotted tube and through-the-wall fins ..... well, you can kit at least one for me early next year - I'll take it :D