PDA

View Full Version : Just a Hobby Lobby sale comment.

six-o-one
12-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Yep, everyone knows and take advantage of the deals. But, still impressed with the value I got. Bought two Quest Icarus for parts for a total of 8.73. Got about 56" of body tubes, two nose cones, two motor mounts, four parachutes (but they are Quests, does that count) and of course some fins I will eventually use for something.

CPMcGraw
12-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Yep, everyone knows and take advantage of the deals. But, still impressed with the value I got. Bought two Quest Icarus for parts for a total of 8.73. Got about 56" of body tubes, two nose cones, two motor mounts, four parachutes (but they are Quests, does that count) and of course some fins I will eventually use for something.

Not an Estes kit in the list, eh?

I didn't do too bad today. My local store had printed on their in-store ads that the motors were also half price this time, so I bought up four packs of A3-4T and two of 1/2A3-4T, with a regular price of $5 per pack. Picked up two more Baby Berthas and two more Screamin' Mimis, for a total of a little under $40. That gives me a few more Goonies I can build, and some PNC-60AH nose cone projects...

Side note -- I still haven't seen a CC Express in awhile at the local HL...

six-o-one
12-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Nope, Craig, stuck with the two Quest ones this time. Started to get another CC Express (they still have two or three) but didn't want to spend the extra cash with the Navaho and upscale Navaho yet to build and I still have two BT-55s so I am OK right now, with the exception of a couple of nose cones I have to order.
Man, 1/2 price motors, gonna have to look a little closer and catch one of those deals.

CPMcGraw
12-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Man, 1/2 price motors, gonna have to look a little closer and catch one of those deals.

I didn't look at my 1/2As very closely at the store... :o

They turned out to be -2 delay, and not -4...

I was grabbing them off the pegs so fast I guess I wasn't really looking... :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
12-17-2005, 11:15 AM
I didn't look at my 1/2As very closely at the store... :o

They turned out to be -2 delay, and not -4...

I was grabbing them off the pegs so fast I guess I wasn't really looking... :D

Aah! And here all along I've been thinking that the delay number was actually how many megatons the ejection charge contained. :mad: Thanks for clearing that up. I think I'm just going to start blowing all of my rockets up with M-80's before they even leave the ground.