PDA

View Full Version : Astron Scrambler Decal Color Question ???

Bruce Temple
12-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Ok, guys I'm stumped on this one. I'm doing an original opened Astron Scrambler I picked up in an Ebay auction this summer. She's all built, and in white. Now here's the issue.

I went through all the catalogs, and saw that the decals in each catalog picture were orange/black/white. MY original decal sheet is yellow/black/white.
So here's the question did Estes ever make a decal set for this rocket in the catalog colors of orange/black/white? If so, what year were they changed?

Also in the older catalogs (70-71) fin colors were clearly black & orange. In the newer catalogs (74-76) the fin colors look blue & orange. Let me know your take on this as well!

Cheers, Bruce

ghrocketman
12-16-2005, 07:09 PM
The "orange" you refer to in the older Estes catalogs is actually Testors "Bright Red", whereas the later Scramblers used just "plain" Testors red.

The decals were yellow on my circa 1971, 1976, and 1977 original Astron Scrambler kits, as well as the clone I built....as I have 4, you can see I REALLY like the Scrambler !

I don't think Estes ever had a decal set for this kit that was orange, black, & white.

Bruce Temple
01-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the great Scrambler info! It will be put to use on this one.
Cheers, Bruce