PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Freeware Upscaling Spreadsheet or Utility

Bob Thomas
12-23-2005, 12:31 AM
I remember when I was getting the itch as a BAR, I found a site or download of an upscaling utility. I did not pay it much attention at the time, not knowing how deep I was about to fall into the hobby. I think it had value input and formula for conversions, upscaling and downscaling, but don't know who made it or if it was very useful. Does anyone have a link or such a program before I spend the time to make my own? I thought it was linked from YORS, but can't find it. Scott? Bill? Craig? Al? Buzz? Anyone???

A Fish Named Wallyum
12-23-2005, 12:37 AM
I remember when I was getting the itch as a BAR, I found a site or download of an upscaling utility. I did not pay it much attention at the time, not knowing how deep I was about to fall into the hobby. I think it had value input and formula for conversions, upscaling and downscaling, but don't know who made it or if it was very useful. Does anyone have a link or such a program before I spend the time to make my own? I thought it was linked from YORS, but can't find it. Scott? Bill? Craig? Al? Buzz? Anyone???

Sounds like something at EMRR. They've got a page that has all of the shareware.
www.rocketreviews.com :cool:
Hope that helps.

barone
12-23-2005, 03:04 AM
Here's a link to body tube ratio charts. Reads like the mileage chart on a map. Where the columns and rows meet is the upscale/downscale ratio. Example, if you want to upscale a BT-20 based design to 2X, come down the rows to T-20 (Totally Tubulars designation for a BT-20) then read across till you come to a 2 (in this case 1.88 or 2.22 are close). Then read up to the size BT for the scale (AS-55+ or T-60). Use the ratio in to multiple your dimensions with to get your upscale/downscale sizes for such as BT length and fin sizes.

www.wooshrocketry.org/misc/BodyTubeRatios.xls

www.wooshrocketry.org/misc/BodyTubeRatios.pdf

Don
NAR 53455

Ltvscout
12-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Here's a link to body tube ratio charts. Reads like the mileage chart on a map. Where the columns and rows meet is the upscale/downscale ratio. Example, if you want to upscale a BT-20 based design to 2X, come down the rows to T-20 (Totally Tubulars designation for a BT-20) then read across till you come to a 2 (in this case 1.88 or 2.22 are close). Then read up to the size BT for the scale (AS-55+ or T-60). Use the ratio in to multiple your dimensions with to get your upscale/downscale sizes for such as BT length and fin sizes.

www.wooshrocketry.org/misc/BodyTubeRatios.xls

www.wooshrocketry.org/misc/BodyTubeRatios.pdf

Don
NAR 53455
Yup, that's one place I put it. I also put it here on the Building Tips page:

http://www.rocketshoppe.com/tips.htm

Bob Thomas
12-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Thats one of the things that I remembered seeing. Most useful tool. Now, to get that order in.....

Nice work, Scott.

Ltvscout
12-24-2005, 08:12 AM
Thats one of the things that I remembered seeing. Most useful tool. Now, to get that order in.....

Nice work, Scott.
I'm not taking credit for putting it together, I just put it online. Jim Fackert of Totally Tubular did all the work.

Bob Thomas
12-24-2005, 11:44 AM
I'll send my thanks to Jim, and thank you for making it available.