PDA

View Full Version : Estes Collectors items on their website

Shreadvector
11-24-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm guessing it is because of the plastic and the new regulations and they already had them in inventory and this is a good way to legally sell them.

http://www.estesrockets.com/store/rockets/collectors/snapshottm.html

Intruder
11-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Too bad they only have one rocket listed, and it's out of stock. :(

tbzep
11-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Too bad they only have one rocket listed, and it's out of stock. :(

And it isn't something I'd care to collect.

Mark II
11-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Estes-Cox is beginning to sell directly to customers now? That's big news.

Their prices, though, appear to be list. No doubt to avoid undercutting their dealer network.

MarkII

gerryfortin
11-25-2009, 05:42 AM
It is disappointing that a mature company like Estes would add rocket sales module on their website and have majority of kits out of stock. Pricing is also at list. The situation creates only a disappointing shopping experience. What is Estes marketing's thinking here?

Shreadvector
11-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Everyone needs to get some coffee (or diet MT. Dew) and wake up. The site was uploaded yesterday. Everything is out of stock because the site is not fully operational yet. For the first day of a massive (MASSIVE) web site overhaul, it was pretty darned good. And they even had some of the instructions uploaded already (I checked the Alpha and it worked).

Let's see how it evolves over the next week or two.

JSP
11-25-2009, 08:07 AM
I agree that this could actually be a good thing, if they handle it right. I say let's give them a little time...

gerryfortin
11-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Everyone needs to get some coffee (or diet MT. Dew) and wake up. The site was uploaded yesterday. Everything is out of stock because the site is not fully operational yet. For the first day of a massive (MASSIVE) web site overhaul, it was pretty darned good. And they even had some of the instructions uploaded already (I checked the Alpha and it worked).

Let's see how it evolves over the next week or two.

The word "mature" was used in previous post as mature companies typically don't release a website update without fully testing offline and ensuring the release has been through QA. That was my point. Ensuring a positive customer experience during website visit is effective marketing.

Randy
11-25-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm glad to see Estes do ANYTHING. Their site has been dormant since the Ice Age. I would expect them to be posting out of stick regardless of inventory until they're fully functional/

While I only did a quick glance and may have missed something, I was disappointed that I didn't see any of the long awaited NASA rockets listed.

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

motley16
11-25-2009, 05:39 PM
as best i can tell all this is going to hit in january. classics out, web site up to full speed, some other much needed kits also out. it is all good. :) :)

Rocket Doctor
11-27-2009, 12:37 PM
From what I gather, the new web site was not done in house, rather by a company that does web sites.

Let's give them a chaance to refine the site before we start to bash them, at least it has been updated.