PDA

View Full Version : Live: From The Paint Booth

A Fish Named Wallyum
01-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Okay, almost live. These are three of the birds I plan to fly if I get out on Saturday, the. Semroc Micron, an unofficial SLS Vector V, and the Q-Modeling Rogue. Decals go on tomorrow.
I really need to do another 1:1 Vector V clone so that I have something to contrast this one with.

A Fish Named Wallyum
01-14-2006, 10:45 AM
The finished product, grounded because of high winds in the Cincinnati area today.
(But the sun has just broken through as I type.)
Made with genuine SEMROC parts, in case I didn't mention it earlier. :cool:

dwmzmm
01-14-2006, 12:44 PM
The finished product, grounded because of high winds in the Cincinnati area today.
(But the sun has just broken through as I type.)
Made with genuine SEMROC parts, in case I didn't mention it earlier. :cool:

Those are very nice looking models, Bill! I need to finish painting my Centuri 1/100 scaled
Saturn - V, hopefully have it done by Monday (since we have that day off for MLK)...

wilsotr
01-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Great job ... what did you think of the Q-Modeling build?

A Fish Named Wallyum
01-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Great job ... what did you think of the Q-Modeling build?

Very nice. Definitely out of my normal comfort zone. The fit and finish are amazing. I was hoping to fly it today, but now I'll have to wait at least a couple of weeks.

Patriot Pilot
01-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Since I haven't had one of the for 25 years I figured I'd post a picture of this newest old rocket fresh from the paint booth.

ghrocketman
01-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Very nice SST !

Ltvscout
01-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Since I haven't had one of the for 25 years I figured I'd post a picture of this newest old rocket fresh from the paint booth.
Steve, how was the build? I picked up a Semroc Shuttle along with my other goodies with my Christmas discount.

Patriot Pilot
01-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Steve, how was the build? I picked up a Semroc Shuttle along with my other goodies with my Christmas discount.

Decals are Awsome. It is built straight from the original plans except for the recovery system. If you can eyball you can build this one no problem. I cheated and drew some reference lines. I don't think any 2 will be the same because some of the placement of parts is left up to the builder. The Semroc parts are top shelf. I don't know how this thing would have gone together without CA, I would probably still be holding parts in place if I had used white glue.