PDA

View Full Version : New/Old Design: Estes Firehawk 3x18mm

Tau Zero
02-24-2010, 10:20 PM
A recent thread reminded me of Bill Eichelberger's 3x18mm Firehawk mod:

http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/all/mod_est_firehawk.shtml

I was vaguely sure that I had whipped up a RockSim file "back in the day" (June 2005), and sure enough, here it is. I doublechecked, and apparently I didn't bother submitting it for Craig's BARCLONE list back then. ("I was so much older then / I'm younger than that now...")

If you're practical instead of a purist :rolleyes: "You can also substitute a Semroc BNC-60RL and a metal screw eye for the PNC-60RL.

Submitted for your consideration,

CPMcGraw
03-06-2010, 09:51 PM
I spotted one 'trivial' correction that, I think you'll agree, could have profound effect on the construction of this model: I added a coupler between the two main body tubes. Sorta hard to make 'em stick together without one... :o

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-07-2010, 10:07 AM
I spotted one 'trivial' correction that, I think you'll agree, could have profound effect on the construction of this model: I added a coupler between the two main body tubes. Sorta hard to make 'em stick together without one... :o
Yeah, but the flights are more exciting without it.

Tau Zero
03-07-2010, 11:01 PM
I spotted one 'trivial' correction that, I think you'll agree, could have profound effect on the construction of this model: I added a coupler between the two main body tubes. Sorta hard to make 'em stick together without one... :oEr...*yeah.* :o

Actually, I had intended for the builders to use one 23" long body tube. I just split it into 5 and 18" pieces so I could make them different colors in RockSim.

On the other hand, Bill *does* have a point... :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Cheers,

CPMcGraw
03-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Yeah, but the flights are more exciting without it.

Um, true... Very true...

I know what 'exciting' flights can be like. My first 'Dominion Keeper' prototype had this peculiar habit of trying to sniff its own backside as it came off the rod...

CPMcGraw
03-08-2010, 12:26 AM
...Actually, I had intended for the builders to use one 23" long body tube...

Presumably some of JimZ's tubing stock?