PDA

View Full Version : How to make angled body tubes in RockSim

Feyd
03-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Is there a way to make angled body tubes in RockSim 9? As an example if you wanted to make a model of the Enterprise (from Star Trek, not the aircraft carrier), how hould you model the things connecting the nacelles to the main body - if you wanted them to be tubes instead of balsa?

Thanks.

(BTW, I'm not making a model of the Enterprise) :)

CPMcGraw
03-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Is there a way to make angled body tubes in RockSim 9? As an example if you wanted to make a model of the Enterprise (from Star Trek, not the aircraft carrier), how hould you model the things connecting the nacelles to the main body - if you wanted them to be tubes instead of balsa?

Thanks.

(BTW, I'm not making a model of the Enterprise) :)

There is supposed to be a way of showing an angled cut in the 3D view, involving an image file (like a decal image), but with transparent areas. The idea is the transparent areas 'override' the object it's attached to, and the material in the transparent area just disappears.

Tim even tried to show me how it was done, but my attempts to copy his examples failed to produce the desired effect. Locate the Apogee "Peak Of Flight" newsletter archive and start running through the titles. Somewhere (about two years back, IIRC) there is a volume dealing with this trick.